Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Frame Drop Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_RetaKs

Posted 09 April 2004 - 09:32 AM

I'm still getting the fps drop that was introduced in 3.0. Its not my video card or anything wrong with my computer hardware. I'm sure of that. Could someone explain what is causing the frame rate drop so that I might be able to work around it? Are there any settings to suppress it?

#2 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 09 April 2004 - 05:19 PM

what sort of drop? and whats your config look like?

#3 Guest_RetaKs

Posted 10 April 2004 - 03:34 AM

stock config, tried video settings and nothing changed. Still fps drops. Any ideas on what commands may be causing it?

#4 Guest_RetaKs

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:13 AM

it happens worse depending on the map. for example, in laneway2 my fps drops down to 20fps at times.

#5 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:36 AM

That's a known problem in laneway2. I read that it will be fixed for the ET laneway.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   No|Leaf|Clover (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, USA

Posted 10 April 2004 - 11:47 PM

Retaks, you wouldn't happen to be describing the fps bug, would you?

I run a P4-2.8C running at 3.5 GHz. 1 gb DDR400 memory, GeForce FX5600 with 256 mb, etc. My network settings are all on defaults. I run pb_system 1 and pb_sleep 500.

http://www.noleafclo...mp/shot0050.jpg <-- Observe my 35 fps on turnpike.

In my discussions with TwentySeven, this apparently is a punkbuster issue with urban terror on the server side, as it seems to affect multiple clients simultaneously. For instance, my neighbor and I, when playing on the same server, experience the bug at the same time.

I have found that when playing back a demo recorded during an fps drop, no fps problems occur. Also, playing on a server with pb disabled proves to be an extremely smooth experience.

#7 Guest_greyevil

Posted 12 April 2004 - 01:47 AM

me too, it drops so horribly low like 20 fps... how can i fix this, by setting max fps or set the hunk memory?

#8 Guest_Vind1cate

Posted 12 April 2004 - 09:44 AM

In my discussions with TwentySeven, this apparently is a punkbuster issue with urban terror on the server side, as it seems to affect multiple clients simultaneously. For instance, my neighbor and I, when playing on the same server, experience the bug at the same time.

I have generally found that my former clanmates and I experience the fps drop at the same time, only for a brief 30 second to 2 mintue period. Our fps drop between 35-50, then magically go back to whatever we have it maxed at. If it indeed appears to be a punkbuster problem, I hope SID or whoever takes the appropiate steps to get this fixed. Because once this glitch/bug is fixed my fps will be fine forever. I quit playing back in 2.6 because of my fps dropping and not being stable. I reinstalled UrT three nights ago and I was very impressed with the quality now in 3.4 keep it up.

#9 User is offline   SniperFox (old) Icon

Posted 21 April 2004 - 01:23 AM

i agree with noleafclover.

the fps bug has been plaguing us since 3.0 was introduced. with my p4-2.533ghz, 1gb ram, gf4 ti4600 128mb card, i used to get stable 120fps constant on all maps BUT laneway2 (dropped to 80, then down to 40 at points). i have the same settings in use today in my config as i did back in 2.4- 2.6 betas. it is definitely pb related, and i hope ET:UT does not have this problem.

#10 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 21 April 2004 - 06:59 AM

since 3.0 was introduced right with a new version of PB :)

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942