• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_dutcherjumps_b1v3 [BETA] Rate Topic: ****- 2 Votes

#11 User is offline   Hayame Icon

• Account: hayame

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:35 PM

btw driller has seen my map and he likes it ... and he saw this messages too and he said i now the most basics and that you guys don't know what you are talking about because you haven't seen my work

You sir (and your friend) are smoking something, please stop. have you even done hinting in your map?

#12 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:49 PM

Hi,
im no mapper and dont know anything about mapmaking.
I cant say anything about basics. I can only tell about jumps/rooms/colors, about the map you play, so to say...

And I think because of me making a movie with all jumpmaps and started searching around on sites looking for maps i dont have, that that was the reason Dutcher started this thread and made his map available for public. Else it was still private map. Thanx to Dutcher for giving us a little pre-release of his map.
So please make a nice discussion, I feel responsible for pushing dutcher to release the map prematurely while i hardly know dutcher. The last thing I want is that the map will be some unfinished project thrown away...

So, good luck with the mapping!

#13 User is offline   Hoody Icon

• Account: hoody
  • Main tag: pnk|

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:57 PM

OK I just downloaded and played this map.

Obviously it's too short but it's under development.

It's a very, very easy jump map. That's fine, as there's lots of new jumpers, but still I'd make it slightly more difficult. The ladder/climb complex at the beginning could be made higher and with bigger raises between platforms, as it is you can easily hop and wall-jump to the next level.

I don't get the point of the water section, you just jump in and swim straight down, so what? I think it's a nice idea to incorporate water into a jump map, but there's no invention in your use. I'd drop it or develop it.

I can't work out what's going on at the "end" - but you have ideas for that.

As it is it feels like half of a section of a noob jump map that should have 4-5 more sections with increasing difficulty. It doesn't look terrible, there's worse looking maps out there, but it could do with some character.

#14 User is offline   DuTchEr95 Icon

• Account: dutcher95

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:59 AM

Hi,
im no mapper and dont know anything about mapmaking.
I cant say anything about basics. I can only tell about jumps/rooms/colors, about the map you play, so to say...

And I think because of me making a movie with all jumpmaps and started searching around on sites looking for maps i dont have, that that was the reason Dutcher started this thread and made his map available for public. Else it was still private map. Thanx to Dutcher for giving us a little pre-release of his map.
So please make a nice discussion, I feel responsible for pushing dutcher to release the map prematurely while i hardly know dutcher. The last thing I want is that the map will be some unfinished project thrown away...

So, good luck with the mapping!

:-) thanks i know the map is really really really unfinised i only got the noob part finished in the map and some easy i will add more easy and the medium and the hard (and maybe Xtreem hard) then the map must be finished so.. a lot of work to do for me =D when i have finished the parts the whole time i publish the map so people could have a look for the part and tell me what i could do better

#15 User is offline   DuTchEr95 Icon

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:04 AM

OK I just downloaded and played this map.

Obviously it's too short but it's under development.

It's a very, very easy jump map. That's fine, as there's lots of new jumpers, but still I'd make it slightly more difficult. The ladder/climb complex at the beginning could be made higher and with bigger raises between platforms, as it is you can easily hop and wall-jump to the next level.

I don't get the point of the water section, you just jump in and swim straight down, so what? I think it's a nice idea to incorporate water into a jump map, but there's no invention in your use. I'd drop it or develop it.

I can't work out what's going on at the "end" - but you have ideas for that.

As it is it feels like half of a section of a noob jump map that should have 4-5 more sections with increasing difficulty. It doesn't look terrible, there's worse looking maps out there, but it could do with some character.

thanks for comment/tips
i will make it much harder from noob > easy > hard >(xtreem hard maybe)
the water was just because i wanted some water in the map :P but i didn't knew how to make that harder...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Hoody Icon

• Account: hoody
  • Main tag: pnk|

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:27 PM

thanks for comment/tips
i will make it much harder from noob > easy > hard >(xtreem hard maybe)
the water was just because i wanted some water in the map :P but i didn't knew how to make that harder...

I'd make it no harder than you personally could manage to jump. Don't try to make a jump map with jumps that exceed your own jumping ability, because you will run into problems testing and judging these jumps.

#17 User is offline   DuTchEr95 Icon

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:50 AM

I'd make it no harder than you personally could manage to jump. Don't try to make a jump map with jumps that exceed your own jumping ability, because you will run into problems testing and judging these jumps.

i can let it test by friends... some of my friends are really very good jumpers !!

#18 User is offline   DuTchEr95 Icon

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:24 PM

okay !!! i put some jumps to the map
a platform jumps
a circle platform jumps and a broken slope and some other things i changed....

btw the first i publiced the file on www.dejgaming.com as ut4_dutcherjumps_b1v1 because i'm gonna work with versions of beta's btw i am so dumb that i was forgotten to add the bsp instead of that i added the .map XD so i posted a better version now it's called
ut4_dutcherjumps_b1v2

(mission please delete the v1 version)

#19 User is offline   DuTchEr95 Icon

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:22 PM

Hey there ! i have to tell everybody who want to play my map
it's now a bit bigger anda bit harder.
AND !!!
to get the map i made my own site www.urtmapps.webs.com and the autodownload works well ! so just join the server and it will autodownload but if you really want to download it from the site it is
www.urtmapps.webs.com/q3ut4/ut4_dutcherjumps_b1v2.pk3
(current is v2 but it can be changed just try something v3 or v4 ect...)
recommend = autodownload
server of myself = ..==Jump's for EVER!==.. it's not 24/7 ...
btw have fun ! it's still easy but a bit harder and bigger and a skybox is added also
its looking worthy

#20 User is offline   Mission85 Icon

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:28 PM

(mission please delete the v1 version)

done and added to list

available here

Edit: Also next time before you release a version of a map, package it and try it on your regular urt install to make sure it works and you didnt forget anything before making it public.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942