• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Little Talk About the Animations Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   ]{arizma (old) Icon

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:46 AM

I'm just glad to see that players get an ipod in this version!
*bobs head*

And yes, the running looks odd. I'm glad to read this is just an intermediate stage  :-P But things look great overall, thanks devs for all your work on this game that addicts people like a heinously illegal substance.

#13 User is offline   WiseMan Icon

• Account: wiseman
  • Main tag: -VA-

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:51 AM

Ya the best Frankie !

#14 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:51 AM

I like the crouch move animations and I like a bunch of stuff about these animations like the way the gun moves when walking and stuff like that. Lots of cool stuff here.

And I realize this is a WIP, but my hopefully constructive criticism of the running cycle, is that, my first thought was that he looks like he's running with a stick up his ass  :-P   He seems to be kind of gingerly running along while holding the weapon very close to himself.  I just remarked to someone that he looks like he's merely transporting the gun, jogging it over to someone else in a non-combat situation - not like a person who is in the middle of combat and who may be shooting that gun at any moment. So I dunno, maybe he needs to stand up straighter and hold the gun out 10 degrees more. Right now he seems to be sort of holding it in that safety way that people in the military or swat do. But in urt, there is constant fighting.

Also, the strides in the walking seem really big, but maybe that's just how it has to be?

Oh and the idle animation seems to be about 2 to 3 times too fast. It's very similar to the Quake player 1 idle animation, but in this urt 4.2 animation, he's breathing and bobbing like 2 to 3 times too fast imo.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:04 AM

what is with reloading/attacking in the crouch position the player goes up in 3rd person view how is it in first person?

nice to see your animation video now Frankie!

#17 User is offline   ]{arizma (old) Icon

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:05 AM

Frankie bear in mind that the majority of the community use sprint mode to prep for jumping, not running over flat ground. In the course of a 25 minute TS match I probably only actually sprint while on the ground for a total of 1-2 minutes, and all of that in short bursts: most movement is conducted as rapid jump combos across open space, alternating with crouched movement and walking. I hope I don't sound condescending, I'm sure Q&A beings a high level of play to testing, but real-life movement styles don't translate to the physics of movement in urban terror.

Also, shotty vid please  8-)

#19 User is offline   XslauGt8 (old) Icon

• LocationBrisbane, AU

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:01 AM

Nice work Frankie V, looks impressive.

The breathing speed looked too fast IMO, but I do agree with the running around factor.

#20 User is offline   Crazykiller (old) Icon

• LocationDelhi

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:56 AM

Nice :D

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942