• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weapon Review Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:39 AM

You should get someone to proof read your writing.

#12 User is offline   Hoody Icon

• Account: hoody
  • Main tag: pnk|

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:00 AM

Statistically significant tests (meaningful observations at P<.05) would require you to perform the firing test 30 times for each weapon, and comparing the mean spread. Once could give you all kinds of outliers - like suggesting the silencer affects spread for one gun but not another.

I respect your efforts here, but sadly the results are largely meaningless, and offer only a cursory insight into these weapons' tendencies in terms of spread (I presume ROF is standardized).

#13 User is offline   taggedzi (old) Icon

• LocationLeland NC

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:53 AM

Ok... I have gone back and fired each gun in each mode 6 times, and am currently collecting the stats.  There are some changes but I have to admit there are no major shockers here... nothing has changed by more than 3% in any direction.  Although I have to admit the silencers are not AS negative an impact as before.  All I have left is the UMP45, Negev, and G36 in scoped mode... I hope to finish those tonight.

Still working on getting much more data... but if that is what it takes... I'm unemployed... I have time i guess...
Edited: posting new data

Ok, well for those doubters out there, I have now fired over 4,700 rounds and collected all the data and compiled it.  No single stat changed by more than 3%, and no overall stat changed by more than 1%.  You can accept my data, or not. But I stand by it.  This should prove useful to the noob and average player to help improve weapon usage, and understand weapon characteristics.

Happy Hunting.

#14 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:02 AM

haha, well ill get you some coded proof that silencer does nothing but expels the muzzle flash and uses a different .wav

#15 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:40 AM

haha, well ill get you some coded proof that silencer does nothing but expels the muzzle flash and uses a different .wav

but where does the bullet's trajectory start from?
with the silencer does that mean the bullet starts from 20cm closer to it's target? that would justify the results if it were true.

also, while you are at it... get the coded information of the laser sight/rounds per minute for the weapons too.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   taggedzi (old) Icon

• LocationLeland NC

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

Delirium

I do not doubt that, the code could say that.  All I'm saying is that when I fired the guns these are the numbers I got.  It is possible that it just happened that way.  Just to make sure I wasn't causing any interference with this last batch I didn't even use the mouse to fire in case I was accidentally introducing error, I wrote a script to fire label and screen shot.

Reality doesn't always match with what we calculate... if so people would be able to calculate lotto numbers because statistically they could find the most probable numbers.  You will find that some numbers  appear more often in Lotto... even though in theory we know that they should be equally as often to appear... This is the entire premise behind gambling...

But I think that 4700 rounds and only about 1-2% change in the numbers should show that they are close (not perfect) to reality.

Enjoy your hunt for the code... I don't doubt you.  And I do thank your input, it pushed me to do more counting so now i know my numbers are better, and I didn't just get a fluke.

Matt.

#17 User is offline   Engine Icon

• Account: engine

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:45 PM

The UrT manual clearly says that the Laser does make your shots more accurate.
There is no mention of this about the Silencer though.

#18 User is offline   opium Icon

• Account: opium

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:57 PM

The UrT manual clearly says that the Laser does make your shots more accurate.
There is no mention of this about the Silencer though.

the silencer messes with your hits. while i DOESNT reduce spread (trust me i know)
if you arent getting hits with a laser, attach a silencer and watch you get more hits.
(works 9/10 times for me)

#19 User is offline   Engine Icon

• Account: engine

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:08 PM

I always found weird to play with the silencer. Mostly because I can't hear the sound of my fire so I can't really keep my bursts under control. Sometimes I do longer bursts with silencer just because I can't really feel the sound and the burst.

#20 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:46 PM

[rant]
OMG, how can you seriously make stats up for this? the shots are randomized and i doubt since your 1st post and the post after mine that you shot 4700 rounds!!! thats 1,410,000 bullets JUST for the lr300, let alone the M4 ,AK ,G36 ,MP5 and UMP... THEN you would have to manually measure EACH bullet which would take ALOT of time...

If ANYONE out there is to believe these stats they seriously must be numb in the head
[/rant]

at Yas, ill try. Raedwulf might not be that generous

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942