• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weapon Review Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:37 AM

it shouldn't affect spread at all (unless I've missed something in the code, but I spent hours searching) - the misunderstanding began because of the wrong description in the weapon description.

*does victory dance*

#42 User is offline   Snoopy 187 (old) Icon

• LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:13 AM

but where does the bullet's trajectory start from?
with the silencer does that mean the bullet starts from 20cm closer to it's target? that would justify the results if it were true.

I think you're on to something there... 

I swear to god I have way more problems with guns clipping through people at super-close range when I have a silencer on.  Unless that's just my imagination, your theory would explain that as well.

#43 User is offline   taggedzi (old) Icon

• LocationLeland NC

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:44 AM

Raedwulf: The shots are fired dead on, I tilt the angle of view for the screen shot so as to not cover any potential bullet hole marks with my cross hair.  I also agree it is completely possible that it is "statistical" noise causing the readings with the silencer.  I don't have the time it takes to do enough to completely eliminate all the "noise" factors, but I believe 1%-2% accuracy is close enough for the level of results I was looking for.  I think the players who would notice a 1-2% difference in accuracy are the players good enough to do the research on their own, and would keep it to them selves ;)

choobie: Thanks for the spell correction, I'll get that up in the next day or so.

Snoopy 187: A very interesting concept, and something that should be researched.  I have just moved between 3 homes in the last 3 weeks, and am running out of steam.  I will have to get back on this when things have settled down.  But I agree with the coders there is probably no real difference in accuracy with the silencer, however I would like to know if it does "extend" the barrel so it is fired from a slightly different position. That could explain a lot... and if it doesn't I'm just left scratching my head and blaming statistical chance...  :?

Delirium: Hura Delirium isn't crazy...  :-D

Thanks for the input all (even Delirium).

#44 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:13 AM

if my random thought turns out to be true... my e-peen will swell to mega proportions.

gg matt, gg.

#45 User is offline   hoak (old) Icon

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:49 AM

Nice site ya have there taggedzi I appreciate your effort!

:-)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   opium Icon

• Account: opium

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:20 AM

Hey taggedzi!

I just noticed you misspelled "Torso" under the power section, looks like for every weapon. It is spelled "Toros" on your website. Thanks for all the raw data though, I will have to take another look at the UMP as a secondary (always thought it to be just a slower version of the MP5).

slower, yes
more powerful, yes
better accuracy causing you to use less bullets, yes

#47 User is offline   20eazykills Icon

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:27 AM

Who needs accuracy when you can SPAM! lol

#48 User is offline   meister (old) Icon

• LocationWhere

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:40 AM

Lol if I happen to pick up a UMP along the way and end up using it, it's always spam mode for me.
UMP rocks in spam mode.

#49 User is offline   restless Icon

• Account: restless
  • Main tag: hg`.

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:52 PM

doesnt really matter to me if the statistics are precise or all right, i think these number are near the truth, and there is nothing like this done before with code explenations, so I really like this statistics and some things surprised me, some didnt, thx for the effort.
good luck with your tests.

#50 User is offline   em1il (old) Icon

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

what do you think about double desert eagles ??  :-D
sorry I'm new...

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942