Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Future of the Sr8 Part Two

Poll: Mess with the sr8? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Mess with the sr8?

1. Yay, this sounds good. (55 votes [48.67%])

Percentage of vote: 48.67%

2. Nay, don't like this change idea either. (58 votes [51.33%])

Percentage of vote: 51.33%

Vote

#81 Guest_Cruper

Posted 12 April 2004 - 06:35 PM

ya , leave the snipers as they are

#82 Guest_zoiss

Posted 12 April 2004 - 07:20 PM

jumpin-shots with sr8 would make the game kinda faster i think - thats why i love it

#83 User is offline   -SATAN- (old) Icon

Posted 12 April 2004 - 07:40 PM

it would make the overal game faster cause you can rush along and dont have 2 wait till ur with the feets on the ground and it gave some nice kick ass moves 2 :twisted:

#84 User is offline   BlackRider (old) Icon

Posted 12 April 2004 - 11:20 PM

This thread is getting long so I didn't read through all of it.

If we get jump shots back, does this mean we also drop the movement penalty? They pretty much go hand in hand..

Edit: Wow.. The poll is dead even.

#85 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 12 April 2004 - 11:34 PM

Jumpshots are to easy to make, will be even more easy sr8 kills. Sr8-guy gets around corner for 1ms, fires and hides again behind corner. Theres no way you can shoot him within that 1ms, so the 20 degrees thing wont help.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#86 Guest_QwertyG

Posted 13 April 2004 - 01:44 AM

Forums are a bad place to poll people because, unless these people are using aliases from there real name (Like me), its just the people who play pubs and dont play competatively that get there voice heard more.

Im sure if you polled people about HEs they'd cry and say dont change them and make them more skilled to use because we need our rocket launcher kills. People would bitch about taking the 2.x flashes out (which they did if i remember, but was a needed change because they didnt work properly and were abused), etc. God if memory serves me I remember people bitching that the old HK wasnt overpowered.

Poll means nothing, people just dont want there easy 1 shot kills to go away and hafta go to the psg or autos where you actually hafta be aimed on the person for more then one shot.

#87 Guest_Da3dalus

Posted 13 April 2004 - 02:55 AM

I say remove the SR8 totally and give the PSG-1 no movement penalties, but:
Unzoom when you jump (but keep it so you can re-zoom once in the air so you can still pull off skill shots jumping between buildings but not jump up zoomed from behind boxes).
PSG-1 headshots are fatal regardless of helmet

Thus removing the one shot camp bs and leaving in a great 2 shot kill weapon that doesnt make the game a peek a boo game like the SR8 does.

Seems like the best idea in this thread so far, I'd vote for that :)

#88 Guest_WheresMyPants

Posted 13 April 2004 - 03:01 AM

while i wouldnt mind seeing the jumpshot back, the 20 degree tilt is unnecessary. thats just how i feel. as it is now, it moves when im hit, and ive still managed to nail people. by 20 degrees, you mean something similar to a slap, where you ARE relocated aimwise? or are you refering to a "hit" or "pushback" that only effects the clients machine? (and clients view/aim)?

personally, i wouldnt fudge with it... i dont want to sound like an asshole, but i feel you fudged 3.4. (cough, the new m4 sound. WHY!?!?! :shock: )
it seems that once you guys have it down, you change alittle something here, or alittle something there...

take a step back and look at your quake 3 final release, and realize its done, its complete, and needs nothing more.

(edit: the only reason why i occasionally took the old m4 was to hear that blazing sound. now it has no purpose... the lr has more power. why have a retro gun, based on reasons of it being retro, and upgrade it? (sound wise?)

#89 Guest_ElvisPresley_RIP

Posted 14 April 2004 - 12:22 AM

I say if it aint broke dont fix it.. people jhsut cry about the cannon because the cant use it... when i first used the sr8 it was very hard then you get better jsut leave it how it is

#90 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 14 April 2004 - 12:44 AM

I say if it aint broke dont fix it.. people jhsut cry about the cannon because the cant use it... when i first used the sr8 it was very hard then you get better jsut leave it how it is

Meh, if it ain't broke yet, it don't got enough options. 8)

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942