Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Future of the Sr8 Part Two

Poll: Mess with the sr8? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Mess with the sr8?

1. Yay, this sounds good. (55 votes [48.67%])

Percentage of vote: 48.67%

2. Nay, don't like this change idea either. (58 votes [51.33%])

Percentage of vote: 51.33%

Vote

#91 Guest_ElvisPresley_RIP

Posted 14 April 2004 - 04:27 AM

I say if it aint broke dont fix it.. people jhsut cry about the cannon because the cant use it... when i first used the sr8 it was very hard then you get better jsut leave it how it is

Meh, if it ain't broke yet, it don't got enough options. 8)

key word yet so dont fix it till it is lol

#92 Guest_WheresMyPants

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:28 AM

I say if it aint broke dont fix it.. people jhsut cry about the cannon because the cant use it... when i first used the sr8 it was very hard then you get better jsut leave it how it is

Meh, if it ain't broke yet, it don't got enough options. 8)

key word yet so dont fix it till it is lol

all of your quotes have no relevance!
(including mine....)

#93 Guest_boxhead

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:47 AM

Why can't SID make the gun effects configurable? Or least hardcode a couple of configs that the server admin can choose from?

#94 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 14 April 2004 - 03:44 PM

I'm with majic on this one, remove SR8, it's severely overpowered compared to the other guns and far too effective even at close range.

#95 Guest_Cruper

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:22 PM

why ? cause you cant understand what skill and aiming is ?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#96 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:44 PM

Cruper, come look for me on irc and I will personally kick your ass at quake3 instagib back to the moon to show you what true skill at aiming is all about instead of sitting far away behind a wall which is just dumb atm.

#97 Guest_skyf

Posted 15 April 2004 - 09:33 AM

Majic's idea sounds nice for me too because sr8 totally ruins up 2v2 matches which should be based on rush :

#98 User is offline   Stryder (old) Icon

• LocationNor. Cali

Posted 15 April 2004 - 05:22 PM

Personally being a sr8 user and a iCTF player like Fumle I'd really like to see the sr8 not change. For some of us who actually practice sniping/camping whatever the "targets" want to call us, IMO this would definitely be a blow to those that are dedicated to the gun in a way, and the Idea of removing it(whoever suggested it) would be crazily far fetched. Thank god theyve already said it wont go anywhere. You people whine and complain about it being this and that..but you dont complain about the psg whores :) 8 Shots..no Zoom penalty is far more camptastic as opposed to the sr8 where if they miss they miss and more then likely have to deal with 2 or more opposing players now knowing their location. Now having to wait for the reload before switching to a secondary to take these enemies down, or.. going no scope. Some people have it down to an art, some dont. Maybe u should take 2 of the PSG rounds away. ah fuckit..its too early im going back to bed..ill rant later

#99 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 15 April 2004 - 06:07 PM

Majic's idea sounds nice for me too because sr8 totally ruins up 2v2 matches which should be based on rush :

Are you insinuating something Skyf? ;)

#100 User is offline   Sxott (old) Icon

Posted 16 April 2004 - 08:22 PM

BTW I think it would make it more "fun" as well to get rid of it.

But it has nothing to do with skillz as all these sniper/camper folk like to say it has to do with patience and style of play. I can do fine with the sr8 and get plenty of kills but I find it boring. Conversely if it was gone I could do what I enjoy more often which is rushing like a lunatic and having frenzied gunfights. Neither is necessarily better, or takes more skill. They are just different and appeal to different players. The only problem is on maps where snipers dominate to a large extent that mode of play is forced on the players, but that is not sid's fault it is the mappers...

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942