Urban Terror Forums: FPS drops issue - I tried everything... - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

FPS drops issue - I tried everything... Rate Topic: -----

Especially when online

#1 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:46 PM

Hi guys.

I thought I was done with fps issues, but since few weeks, its back.

Here my config :
- Core 2 Duo E4400 (Conroe)
- Nvidia 9600 GT
- 2 Go RAM 3 GO DDR2 (600 Mhz)
- Mobo Gigabyte 965P-DS3
- ADSL 8Mo with CPL adaptator
- Windows XP Pro Corporate SP3 32 bits Windows Seven 64 bits Professional Edition
Windows Vista Ultimate x86
- com_maxfps on 125
- ut_timenudge "0"
- cl_packetdup "3"
- cl_maxpackets "42"
- rate "25000"

Here things I tried :
- Antialiasing off
- Anisotropic filter off
- Threaded optimization off
- Single display performance mode ON
(in nvidia panel)
- Affinity for the io processus on 1 core
- Medium settings in urt (with my hardware, I don't want to low my settings even more)
- Motherboard / ethernet / graphic card drivers updated

Updated
- Reinstalling Windows (from XP to Seven).
- Adding 1 GO Ram
- Downgrading my GPU drivers.
- Checking the status of my CPU / GPU in bios and via some softwares (especially temperatures which seem to be perfectly normal).
- Trying some rebuilds : all versions off Mitsubishi's rebuilds, and the 27's one with VBO. Didn't change anything.
- Setting all graphical options at their minimal value (and in the Nvidia pannel as well). Didn't change anything.

I have trop issues on several maps, especially when there are a lot of people.
During pcw, it drops from 126 to 120 / 110 or even 100, not to say 90 sometimes.
But the most interesting is that its significant only when im playing online. When I watch the demo of the match, I have (almost) NO drops.

Reading the mitsubishi's guide, I learnt FPS are tied up with connection settings. But I couldn't find out more about it.

Updated : It's not true, or not true any more. I have drops even while watching a demo.

So if you have any ideas about what I could do, thank you in advance. :)

This post has been edited by Tizz: 01 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

#2 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:54 PM

You're complaining cause your FPS drops to 100 or 90? Are you serious?

#3 User is offline   Tizz Icon

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:03 PM

Yeah, and its significant when you play, like being in bullet time for couple a seconds. Its very annoying, especially when you had steady FPS for a while (and its more 125 --> 90).

#4 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:56 PM

View PostTizz, on 19 March 2010 - 07:03 PM, said:

Yeah, and its significant when you play, like being in bullet time for couple a seconds. Its very annoying, especially when you had steady FPS for a while (and its more 125 --> 90).

Get a grip dude, there's no chance you can notice a significant difference in gameplay between 125 and 90, between 90 and 45 sure but 125 to 90? It's all in your head.

#5 User is offline   Sneaks Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: sneaks
  • Main tag: =-KMA-=

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:23 PM

View PostRav3n, on 19 March 2010 - 09:56 PM, said:

Get a grip dude, there's no chance you can notice a significant difference in gameplay between 125 and 90, between 90 and 45 sure but 125 to 90? It's all in your head.

I think he is saying that with his hardware he was expecting constant fps, can someone help.

Regardless of what the human eye can register, we cant compare it directly with online fps. Computerised fps isnt as 'smooth/fluid' as the human eye.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Tizz Icon

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:23 PM

Raven : Lol, you can call me stupid as well.

But, yes, I notice the difference. I don't need to check the fps meter, I clearly see the image slowing down, I look at the FPS meter and the number is below 125. So, I DO notice the difference. I'd say, when the drop is about 15 or more, the difference is clearly notable.

This post has been edited by Tizz: 20 March 2010 - 09:27 AM

#7 User is offline   Greateye Icon

• Account: greateye
  • Main tag: puff**

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:40 PM

View PostTizz, on 19 March 2010 - 10:23 PM, said:

Raven : Lol, you can call me stupid as well.

But, yes, I notice the difference. I don't need to check the fps meter, I clearly see the image slowing down, I look at the FPS meter and the number is above 125. So, I DO notice the difference. I'd say, when the drop is about 15 or more, the difference is clearly notable.

I understand you in 100 percent ! I have same problem, my configuration is:

Radeon 4870 from Gigabyte 1gb gddr5
AMD Athlon x4 620 (2,8ghz x 4)
4 GB DDR2 800mhz
Mobo from Gigabyte
Internet connection 6MB/1MB

I was trying to set one core 0 it dont helps, I was trying to set all setups on fcuking low - it dont helps too. I dont have idea what can be wrong, I've stable 90 FPS in BF BC2 and isnt it weird ? UrT is old game, I was trying to run it @ Win xp ... same problem, FPS are constant when I am alone @ map or 2 or 3 guys are running somewhere (market @ casa). I was changing my graphic drivers from newest to oldest ... grrr, It dont helps too !

Ahm, If u all guys have constant 125 fps and in action u are loosing 10,15 of them u getting slowed and I feel it. I want notice that I had constant 125 fps at slower notebook with same cfg.

If someone from FS or someone of U guys can help for us ... plz do that ;)

Cheers and sorry for my bad english ! :)

#8 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:55 AM

If normal is even up to 300 on a completely empty map and one gets about 125 on a full map (limit of the game to 125 ignored), it's quite normal to drop to 100 occasionally.

Also this game is still a lot depended on the CPU. TwentySeven's work with VBO is supposed to change that a lot (since VBO methods send a lot of the work on the GPU). That means, you depend a lot on single CPU core even if you have a quad core (without affinity forced settings) since the game is largely single-threaded.

#9 User is offline   Tizz Icon

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:26 AM

View Postmitsubishi, on 20 March 2010 - 01:55 AM, said:

If normal is even up to 300 on a completely empty map and one gets about 125 on a full map (limit of the game to 125 ignored), it's quite normal to drop to 100 occasionally.Also this game is still a lot depended on the CPU. TwentySeven's work with VBO is supposed to change that a lot (since VBO methods send a lot of the work on the GPU). That means, you depend a lot on single CPU core even if you have a quad core (without affinity forced settings) since the game is largely single-threaded.

Yeah, I know.
But I used to play with steady FPS, totally stuck on 125, at least in pcw (where there are about 10 players on the server) for a very long time, and I can't figure out what changed on my PC. I made tests by killing all processus that are CPU eater, nothing changed.

#10 User is offline   Tizz Icon

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

I tested the vertical synch, but there is no way to set it up properly. With in_mouse -1 I have a huge negative mouse accel, and with in_mouse on 1, I have a huge mouse accel.
Its a shame, it could have been a solution.

This post has been edited by Tizz: 20 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942