• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror deemed dangerous!?! Rate Topic: ***** 8 Votes

#11 User is offline   Respekt Icon

• Account: respekt

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:59 PM

View PostTheRealFubar, on 14 April 2010 - 06:55 PM, said:

But would you care if they tried to ban it at YOUR school?

It was a joke, sorry for my bad english. I never played any computer games at my school ;)
I really like UrT :o

#12 User is offline   Rappio Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: rappio
  • Main tag: [PRKL]

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

Its sad that some countrys has that kinda attitude.

Guns don't kill people, person who pull tricker will kill.
Games don't make killers, its problem between keyboard and chair. If you are mentally ill you can always use some excuse like games/movies etc to justify what you did. Its always easy to blame others. Remember if games are so dangerous why german would not ban cars as youngsters can steal them and drive drunk also.. so german should ban cars, ships, aeroplanes, newspapers, internet etc all what COULD MAKE U SAD BUT TRUE COLDBLOODED PSYCHO.

This is just way to clear some air in german politics, they hide actual problem what is mental ilness..
What is the sound of silent scream when you still map with GTK Radiant 1.5

#13 User is offline   TheRealFubar Icon

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:03 PM

View PostRav3n, on 14 April 2010 - 06:56 PM, said:

I think UrT's main argument is the possibility to turn blood off, thus reducing the level of gore to minimum. Perhaps it would be a good move to make a special category in options menu for parents. Password protected settings that allow people to turn off chat (we all know how much people tend to swear on servers), turn off blood, and perhaps even remove the exploding head animation so when someone is shot in the head from a DE or SR8 the animation looks same as if they were shot with any other weapon.
I believe such addition would help bypass those laws.

Yea, then you could turn on the furniture button, and you could redecorate your apartment, or warehouse, and we could build new buildings, and even hang our guns on the wall. In fact, turn off all the weapons, add some lollipops, and call it "Urban Sims"

Come on people, you see more violence on TV and movies than you do Urban Terror. I find URT to be very silly, of course I play mostly Low-Gravity games so that isn't very realistic.
My point is, this is just silly, real life is actually more violent than Urban Terror, just ask any one from Detroit..

#14 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

View PostTheRealFubar, on 14 April 2010 - 07:03 PM, said:

Yea, then you could turn on the furniture button, and you could redecorate your apartment, or warehouse, and we could build new buildings, and even hang our guns on the wall. In fact, turn off all the weapons, add some lollipops, and call it "Urban Sims"

Come on people, you see more violence on TV and movies than you do Urban Terror. I find URT to be very silly, of course I play mostly Low-Gravity games so that isn't very realistic.
My point is, this is just silly, real life is actually more violent than Urban Terror, just ask any one from Detroit..

Silly or not it's reality. So unless you have a better idea on how to go around that kind of silly law...well you get the idea.

#15 User is offline   TheRealFubar Icon

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

View PostRav3n, on 14 April 2010 - 07:07 PM, said:

Silly or not it's reality. So unless you have a better idea on how to go around that kind of silly law...well you get the idea.

Urban Terror is reality? Or the fact that Germany is considering such a ban? If it's anything like The good ol' USA, this could be in courts for years and years, and never be decided. I don't imagine Germany is though, which is a shame, so this will probably happen.... :sad:

By the way, Rav3n, love your clans' servers!

This post has been edited by TheRealFubar: 14 April 2010 - 07:13 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:13 PM

turn the blood off?

add age restriction to passport for german players?
.:| Win10 x64 | AMD R5 2600 | 16Gb G.Skill cL16@3ghz | ASUS STRIX Vega 64 |:.

#17 User is offline   TheRealFubar Icon

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:18 PM

View PostMuffie, on 14 April 2010 - 07:13 PM, said:

turn the blood off?

add age restriction to passport for german players?

Age restriction would suck, and especially if it's just in schools they want to ban it. I'd say let them ban it from schools, they could do that themselves. Kids don't need to play games at school anyway. But you can't ban it from the general population. they will always find a way to play!!

#18 User is offline   BRAVO Icon

• Account: bravo

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:19 PM

Jahahhahaa weird people those germans :laugh:

In fact..., we all know UrT is really dangerous for mental healt, Jack thompson (http://en.wikipedia...._%28activist%29) is planing to become a FS dev and "destroy it from inside", and the phelps are going to take their vacations in germany.

well..., enough, i have to go capture some flags, fraging some noobs an then go to the supermarket to murder some people. Mhuahahhaaa :tongue:

PD: in my opinion UrT should be much more bloody, and prohibition in some countrys only do the game to become more popular.

bb
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

I KILL PEOPLE

#19 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:24 PM

View PostTheRealFubar, on 14 April 2010 - 07:10 PM, said:

Urban Terror is reality? Or the fact that Germany is considering such a ban? If it's anything like The good ol' USA, this could be in courts for years and years, and never be decided. I don't imagine Germany is though, which is a shame, so this will probably happen.... :sad:

By the way, Rav3n, love your clans' servers!

Reality is that there are and always will be countries that will make up Mickey Mouse laws.
There's nothing any of us can do to change that law, all we can do is put our heads together and try to find the best possible solution.
As you said if it goes to court it could take years and years to resolve the matter. And in the end cost of such trial is so high that it's simply not worth it.
So the only thing left is compromise, do your best that controversial parts can be edited in a way that the ending result gives a product that is no longer controversial.
I agree, that law is ridiculous. So the best thing to do is shift responsibility. Make a game that contains gore which can be turned off, if an underage player is caught playing with gore turned on it's no longer fault of the manufacturer but of kids parents.

#20 User is offline   TheBlackBourne Icon

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:24 PM

Typisch Deutschland!!!
Ich versteh wirklich nicht was der Sch... soll!
Es gibt ja viel "realistischere" Spiele und ich kann nur hoffen dass kaum einer so doof sein wird und UrT auf sein RL überträgt (gibt aber leider genug Verrückte)...
Vor allem ein Verbot macht es erst recht interessant so ein Spiel zu spielen... oder lässt die Leute auf andere Killerspiele ausweichen!
-> total sinnlos wie so vieles hier :sad:
Ich hoffe das dies jetzt nicht wirklich passiert und wir Deutschen weiterhin bei UrT mit von der Partie sind... alles andere wäre Schade :sad:
Nundenn Grüße aus Deutschland
Blacky
(sry for not writing in english, but i am too angry atm)

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942