• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror deemed dangerous!?! Rate Topic: ***** 8 Votes

#31 User is offline   Rookie1 Icon

• Account: rookie1
  • Main tag: ]_[

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:05 PM

The link to the official complaint PDF (from kim) in the news article doesn't work for me.
I just get redirected to the news page again. Can someone fix this? I would be interested what details they are refering to.
] _ [ Rookie One

Intel i7-6700K @ 4 GHz; 32 GB RAM || Windows 10 x64 using AMD Radeon RX Vega 64
Underscore Discord: https://discord.gg/zQuK97H

#32 User is offline   TheRealFubar Icon

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:11 PM

View PostYas, on 14 April 2010 - 07:58 PM, said:

Germany has notoriously been against fps games... it's probably paranoia from some of the first most popular games having references to WWII. They've had special versions of many games that removes 'touchy' subject matter from the game. i'm sure there's a wikipedia article to list the banned/changes to games in germany.

Banned games in Germany

there are a few 3rd party maps that would fall into this catagory, but none of the regular maps have any Nazi overtones, I don't believe....

And just think, In 2002, the Greek government banned all electronic games in public places in an attempt to fight illegal gambling.

HaHa, I bet you $5.00 I can frag you more than you can me!! LOL...

This post has been edited by TheRealFubar: 14 April 2010 - 08:15 PM

#33 User is offline   Benzino Icon

• Account: benzino

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:22 PM

CHESS IS A VERY DANGEROUS GAME.

ITS WAR.

Please write them back. Also for GERMANY you could just ship it out WITHOUT BLOOD or NAZI stuff. And your golden.

np hf gl.

edit: I'm German and in Germany and from 1977. If I can help in any way...

This post has been edited by Benzino: 14 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

#34 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:24 PM

If playing UrbanTerror doesn't make people jump against walls, leaping between buildings (hoping they can grab the ledge) or doing sliding to reach the line at the supermarket counter faster. Than i'm curious to what arguments the German panel will try to use to link between real life killing/murder with UrbanTerror.

Also, did anyone got inspired to follow First Aid courses because of the medic ability in UrbanTerror?

#35 User is offline   Genesis Icon

• Account: genesis

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:25 PM

If anything, I hope this generates some publicity for UrT.
17:32 slackin • i fire blanks

View PostBladeKiller, on 05 December 2011 - 10:46 PM, said:

There is no funstuff in HD.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   Zberlinghoff Icon

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

This is kind of insane

I can see how maybe something like Assassin's creed... if we were in medieval times
The motto of Urban Terror is "fun over realism"
So there's always cool jumps in a map so you can get around fast, making it fun. There's no way I could in real life to three wall jumps and knife someone in the head on the way by, shout THIS IS SPARTA! And pull out a sniper rifle and camp. There's no way this game has influenced me or my behavior. I'm a nice guy in real life. I just find the tactics I use to be fun in this game. Definitely not violent at all.

#37 User is offline   TheRealFubar Icon

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:32 PM

View PostNexu, on 14 April 2010 - 08:24 PM, said:

If playing UrbanTerror doesn't make people jump against walls, leaping between buildings (hoping they can grab the ledge) or doing sliding to reach the line at the supermarket counter faster.

Ha, I tried that once, the checker fragged me in the head with her sr8, no scope......

Then I woke up....

#38 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:39 PM

Well my point was if this video game does inspire people to be on the worst end of the bar, than it should also be true on the opposite end.
But i doubt both are true in the case of UrbanTerror. If anything, games like COD/MW has way more impact: much more graphical and animated deaths and killing. Also the scene/level with killing civilians are way more graphical than what we have in UrbanTerror (no civilians period).

#39 User is offline   Defender Icon

• Account: defender

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:50 PM

My suggestions for the hearing:
Point out, that the motto of the game is 'fun over realism' and describe some fun elements (eg. powersliding) of it. Tell them, that it's a multiplayer game and teaches players social skills (fair play -> asshats get kicked, most of the servers are monitored -> admin, b3-bot). The game can be compared to sport events, in which the player tries to reach a higher rank with his team (Urban Zone League, ESL, ...).
Don't forget, the commission doesn't play computer games!

#40 User is offline   Viruz Icon

• Account: viruz

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

lol, germany is so fail...

urbanterror.info is already blocked on many public computers (ok, everyone knows how to get rid of the censorship proxy)...

and whatever happens, it wont get worse. the only thing that could happen is that it will be marked as "youth endangering content". which means, no advertising + forbidden to present it at good visible spots in shops. well, there is no advertising in germany for urbanterror (and i also guess in no other country) and afaik there is no way to "buy" urbanterror in a shop, lol. and there are censorship-contracts about the internet atm, but they are not enforced.

forget about it, it wont change a thing...

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942