Bugs and Suggestions list discussion Rate Topic: -----

Discussion here

#1 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:26 PM

Here's the thread for discussing this: http://forums.urbant...od-suggestions/

Please post bugs and serious suggestions (that were discussed and liked, preferably with a topic link) here. Anything that's worth it will be added to the list.

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:45 PM

Do you know of the pre-caching issues or is everything ignored that we had already posted unless it's here?

#3 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:02 PM

this is a list i've been meaning to report for some time

(1) cg_drawTeamOverlay 4
Would show names of your enemies and the number of team mates you have.

(2) /forcesub <client num>
so you dont have to kick someone if they're afk in matchmode (a scrim)

(3) ability to hide passworded servers in menu.

(4) sv_allowfunstuff
boolean which enables/disables funstuff on the server

(5) able to stop generating list while searching for servers

(6) func_breakable
shards key needs fixing, currently wont go under 16 shards

(7) more console colors

(8) /cointoss?

(9) Follow The Leader bug, a subbed player can be chosen as a leader

(10) ratio in stats menu also to be shown as a decimal.

(11) hotkey comand like "+scores" but as "+stats" or "+awards" so you can quickly bring up those menu's and press escape to exit

(12) /timeout in the water makes you drown

(13) cannot see teammates arrows on the minimap while subbed in matchmode play

#4 User is offline   Zkat8it Icon

• Account: zkat8it

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:06 PM

Bugs:
Swaproles doesn't always work perfectly.
Weapon modes aren't always saved. ( said to be caused by specing people and inheriting their weapon modes : also occurs just from joining a server sometimes )
Unable to disable duplicate packets ie:cl_packetdup (always re-enables upon joining a server )
GUI stretched across wide screen resolutions ie:netgraph displays oddly at 1920x1080 ( left half seems out of sync of rest of netgraph )
SR8 doesn't always unzoom when appropriate damage is done.
GUI not always updated when someone dies. ( leaves people thinking they still have a teammate alive when they're the only one left )
Important messages sometimes not displayed ie: Flag's been grabbed/dropped
Priming a knife to throw and then switching the knife to slash mode makes the knife invisible on your screen.
64 Bit linux version fails to load with error: "menddef.h" not found.

Misc: ( not sure if they're bugs or not )
Priming grenades and switching weapons allows you to keep the grenade, but sometimes drops the grenade at your feet and explodes.
Your laser sight doesn't show on your screen if you have show gun off.

Suggestions:
Ability to copy and paste to console in linux.
Same message not allowed to be repeated 3 times consecutively ( auto mute if does ). Helps prevent spamming text/radio binds.
Linux version should save maps/config/demos to base folder and not some hidden .q3a folder in the home directory.

This post has been edited by Zkat8it: 30 May 2010 - 11:10 PM

#5 User is offline   Zkat8it Icon

• Account: zkat8it

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:49 PM

Swaproles, when used it doesn't always swap every player. Sometimes it leaves players on the team they were originally on thus mixing the teams instead of swapping their sides entirely.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:56 PM

View PostH0i, on 30 May 2010 - 11:41 PM, said:

Why would you want to do this?

well sometimes I've found a server I want to connect to but the list is still generating, the server will move down the list(quite fast sometimes) as the list finds more servers and I have to wait till my list finishes generating before I can click to connect to the server

#8 User is offline   Rick Icon

• Account: rick
  • Main tag: GT-

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:33 AM

Nade drop glitch only happens on 2nd nade I believe. When you cook it and switch weapons it drops instead of going back into inventory.

There's a bug when you switch the gametype to FFA, players have to go spec or /reconnect to show up on playerlist/stats.

Also some of the stock maps don't support all the gametypes. Suggestion: either dont allow those maps to be played in those gametypes or support all gametypes with the maps you distribute.

#9 User is offline   sta0 Icon

• Account: sta0

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:46 AM

View PostDelirium, on 30 May 2010 - 11:56 PM, said:

well sometimes I've found a server I want to connect to but the list is still generating, the server will move down the list(quite fast sometimes) as the list finds more servers and I have to wait till my list finishes generating before I can click to connect to the server

In Quake3 one could press space for that and yes that was really usefull, not (yet) working in UrT tho.

64 Bit linux version fails to load with error: "menddef.h" not found

The executable did work here when i tried (archlinux x86_64).

request:
* adding [team] [all] [name] ... prefixes to the chat. This would be really usefull to know who you're talking to, or what was the visibility of one's message (as sometimes some maps don't have a $location set everywhere, hence leading to confusion whether you're talking in say/say_team/... (this is a kind of bug in the end, but coming from the mappers)

and finally some minor bug reports:
* when dead/spectating, if for example you switch between 2 guys, both walking, when pressing the key to switch of POV you'll hear a footstep.
* when dead/spectating, if a guy starts reloading but if you switch of POV before he has finished, the next guy on POV will be reloading even if he isnt.
* when dead/spectating, if you switch of POV to a guy who is reloading, you won't see the animation (although you'll notice it when all of a sudden his clip will be full again).

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942