• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New sniper rifle on the workbench Rate Topic: ****- 6 Votes

#51 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

The engine has gone a few generations ahead, so the art will too. This F1 replacement is only a change to how it looks. The specs like damage, reload time, clip size and all that will be the same. We are not going to change the specs.

Right now a lot of people like it, and a lot don't. I was told that in 2.6 (I think) the m4, the weapon that everyone used at that point, was removed for the lr300. Everyone hated it and they wanted the m4 back. After a few weeks there was no more whining and in the next version nearly nobody used the m4. This is exactly the same situation.

I also really like the Sr8 but after using the F1 for just an hour I'm used to it, I already forgot the Sr8. Just give it a chance and the same thing will happen to you.

#52 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:22 PM

View PostH0i, on 17 August 2010 - 01:45 PM, said:

finalizing.... new..... more.....

The only words i regonized O__O

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#53 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:27 PM

View PostH0i, on 17 August 2010 - 02:12 PM, said:

I was told... was removed... no more... whining... nobody... forgot...

This is my set of words i recognized.

#54 User is offline   woody Icon

• Account: woody

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:35 PM

I see...
So its just "graphical" changes for the weps...plus adding a few new ones...i get it.

I know i can get along with the new sniper,as long as it has the same reload time,damage and instant scoping.
It would take me a couple of minutes to get along to a new reload/fire animation,but it would be fine.

But it wont hurt anyone if you guys place on more weapons,so people have to chose from a bigger list.
Also,adding some new gear would be nice.

And as you said,people will get along with it.
If they cant,they can allways turn to Counter Strike,and design the game as they want.

Oh,and just a wonder...
Will you guys do something about the menu ?
There are huge stuff that should be changed there.

#55 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

The engine has gone a few generations ahead, so the art will too. This F1 replacement is only a change to how it looks. The specs like damage, reload time, clip size and all that will be the same. We are not going to change the specs.

Right now a lot of people like it, and a lot don't. I was told that in 2.6 (I think) the m4, the weapon that everyone used at that point, was removed for the lr300. Everyone hated it and they wanted the m4 back. After a few weeks there was no more whining and in the next version nearly nobody used the m4. This is exactly the same situation.

I also really like the Sr8 but after using the F1 for just an hour I'm used to it, I already forgot the Sr8. Just give it a chance and the same thing will happen to you.

I use m4, lr300 and ak103 :D
But thats not the point

:Q.......

Well we need new sounds so we wont remember this painfull change ;)

Well atleast good point here is that we know that this punch is coming :laugh: LMAO what kind of flame war this would be if developers never would have told this to us

Ps: lol i had to read that "i also realy like the sr8 but after using the F1..." part few times. I can now think that someone says F1 (for vote) and someone says "yes i use?"

Pps: i realy didnt think that we got more than hdr (fake bloom) (fully on screen) but those shaders look nice and stuff. I wait 4.2 even more now since we got shitloads more stuff than i excepted (i didnt remember magnum but now i again excited for it)

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   lebbra Icon

• Account: lebbra
  • Main tag: bw|

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:45 PM

...Right now a lot of people like it, and a lot don't. I was told that in 2.6 (I think) the m4, the weapon that everyone used at that point, was removed for the lr300. Everyone hated it and they wanted the m4 back. After a few weeks there was no more whining and in the next version nearly nobody used the m4. This is exactly the same situation...

I agree.
So why do you waste your time in replacing a nice and well established model? Much better if you spend developer time on improving weak features and bug resolution.
On my side what I would like from 4.2 (it is not modeling, of course) is just a better hit detection and a good anticheater. New models, textures, maps or weapons are all nice, but only if the two above points works well.
aka Dead f.S. - aka |CoN|-=V0l3ur=-, Playing UrT from 2001 - RedCap bot Developer

[img]http://www.dead.it/UrT/logop.png[/img]

#57 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

View Postlebbra, on 17 August 2010 - 02:45 PM, said:

On my side what I would like from 4.2 (it is not modeling, of course) is just a better hit detection and a good anticheater. New models, textures, maps or weapons are all nice, but only if the two above points works well.

Let me do a little blunt translation of something:

"We have teams doing different stuff; the coding team do their stuff so if we didn't do our stuff we'd sit on our asses doing nothing".

#58 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:11 PM

Yes mitsu.
"But if lebbra didnt write her stuff on forum she'd sit on her ass doing nothing."

#59 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

View Postlebbra, on 17 August 2010 - 02:45 PM, said:

I agree.
So why do you waste your time in replacing a nice and well established model? Much better if you spend developer time on improving weak features and bug resolution.

Well like we said a part of the team does the code work, a part does the art work and there are even more parts. The art guys do art because they like to do art, and the code guys do code for the same reason. We can't just focus on one thing. Most artist don't know a lot about code. Most coders can do a bit of art but not as good as the art guys.

Let's put it this way. The code supports the art. Right now there are 'code' problems, the worst one being all the cheaters. Also there are a few bugs around.

If these problems are really annoying (cheaters) then people prefer to have that fixed, better art can come later. When there is an anticheat and when there are less bugs, then you do want better art. That and there are a lot of people who don't even know these bugs, play for fun and just want everything to look better.

You can say that it's not needed to replace a nice looking model but the F1 looks a lot nicer, especially ingame. To make things better you have to replace things and the Lr300 that was added to replace the m4 at some point is a perfect example. Back then it was like OMG! NO MORE M4!, and now everyone uses the Lr.

#60 User is offline   jDoe Icon

• Account: jdoe

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:27 PM

SR8 take long to take the bullet out. If FR-F1 is better in this point, it will be my choice, no auto guns.

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942