Advertisement
  • (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

dmaHD: New Sound System Rate Topic: ***** 4 Votes

Optimized 3D-Hybrid-HRTF multi-platform sound system for Urban Terror.

#61 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: p5yc0runn3r

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:54 AM

View Postpollofeliz, on 17 November 2010 - 09:52 AM, said:

...for people with no graphics boards...

You wanted to say sound boards :rolleyes:

Well there is a OpenAL-Soft but I do not know how elaborate it is. Maybe you can try it.
dmaHD developer | engine developer | crazy person

#62 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

Positional audio works very well now great work p5yc0runn3r.

some small problems I noticed:

1. When I have to download an map and it goes back to the main menu the sound plays but is crackling (like on to low s_mixahead values.

2. One time I noticed an small frezze when the radio call Thanks was played does your build precatch the sound files?

3. When I started playing the firs D-eagle shot was distorted maybe my fault playing with very low mix settings.

4. Sound quality could be better but thats one reason why Christoph started to replace sound files, so not sure how much you can increase on this and how it would sound with better quality audio files.

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

#63 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

View PostObScUrE, on 17 November 2010 - 05:54 PM, said:

Positional audio works very well now great work p5yc0runn3r.

some small problems I noticed:

1. When I have to download an map and it goes back to the main menu the sound plays but is crackling (like on to low s_mixahead values.

2. One time I noticed an small frezze when the radio call Thanks was played does your build precatch the sound files?

3. When I started playing the firs D-eagle shot was distorted maybe my fault playing with very low mix settings.

4. Sound quality could be better but thats one reason why Christoph started to replace sound files, so not sure how much you can increase on this and how it would sound with better quality audio files.

1. Actually I did not test the map loading since I have all maps lol... I will check...

2. No I do not pre-cache but once loaded, they will remain loaded for the duration of the game.

3. If using my build I suggest the mix setting to no less than 0.08 (s_mixAhead) and 0.04 (s_mixPreStep). This depends on fps and cpu speed so if you do not have 125fps (fixed) and at least a 2Ghz CPU I suggest you increase to 0.1 and 0.05 respectively.

4. I recommend you set /s_khz "44" if using this build. This will set 44100Hz sound while increasing sound quality with Hermite Spline 4 point interpolation. (For Mitsu's build you set /s_sdlSpeed "44100")

#64 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:30 PM

View Postp5yc0runn3r, on 17 November 2010 - 07:03 PM, said:

For Mitsu's build you set /s_sdlSpeed "44100"
Just a quick note, that value is default in Mitsu's build so no need to set it

#65 User is offline   Sf4tt Icon

• Account: sf4tt

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:11 PM

Here's the experience with this build:

Downloaded today, at the very first execution it was crashing (with the windows dialog box...) then psycorunner says to try to make a backup of my q3config.cfg. Nice, it runs, i start to making again all my settings. Im not interested in the admHD so i disable it. What i'm really interested in is the raw mouse support. Well, now the game seems running well. raw mouse working. The loading time its pretty much the same with the standard build (not like the mitsubishi's one, dude you did a great job, but even the vanilla requires A LOT more time to load then the standard build, at least for me).

Allright lets try to play:

WTF is all this blood spreading from the people i hit? O_O It doesnt happen when i play with the standard build + my old cfg.

Basically:

Standard build + old cfg (com_blood 1, cg_visibilebleeding 1, cg_sfx_showdamage 1) = I hit people and from the bodies exit a really small amount o blood.

Psycorunner build + old cfg = CRASH

Psycorunner build + new cfg (com_blood 1, cg_visiblebleeding 1, cg_sfx_showdamage 1)= I hit people and from the bodies exit TONS of blood, distracting me and even making me drop FPS more then usual.

Standard build + new cfg = JUST like psyco's build + new cfg.

Posted ImagePosted Image
t

These are with standard build + old config.

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are with Standard build + config generated by psycorunner's build.

You should say, about the first 2, that im using com_blood 0, but i can assure you im not. com_blood 1 in both cfgs. And the 2 others cVars also.

Plus, i experienced strange lags with this build... making my ping floating random and with really weird spikes.

This post has been edited by Sf4tt: 18 November 2010 - 12:31 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#66 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:43 AM

In case anyone in the future uses it in ioquake3 vanilla, for the s_mutewhenminimized/unfocused feature of ioquake3 it needs "if(!s_muted->integer) dmaEX/HD_snd_vol = s_volume->value*255; else dmaEX/HD_snd_vol = 0;" in dmaEX/HD_PaintChannels() or other solution suitable. [it worked in UI start music but not in map/game.]

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 18 November 2010 - 05:51 AM

#67 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

dmaHD update!

• New 3D-Hybrid-HRTF function with Bauer Delay and Spatialization. Very similar to iKALiZER!
  • Low/High frequency band pass filtering and extraction for increased effects.
  • 3 different mixers to chose from all mixing at a maximum of 44.1KHz

See the first post of this topic for more details. Also available in Mitsubishi's build. Please leave feedback.

Future development: Offload sound processing on second core for better FPS.

This post has been edited by p5yc0runn3r: 20 November 2010 - 09:41 PM

#68 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:39 PM

Nice work again

#69 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:45 PM

View PostSubJunk, on 20 November 2010 - 09:39 PM, said:

Nice work again

Thank you very much! Which mixer did you use?

#70 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

10. It seems great. I'll test it more later as well

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942