Advertisement
  • (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

dmaHD: New Sound System Rate Topic: ***** 4 Votes

Optimized 3D-Hybrid-HRTF multi-platform sound system for Urban Terror.

#71 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:23 AM

It has to be stressed that it's probable ikalizer only does 2D in its first version (the one released for UrT) (front/back, not up/down) and this does 3D (front/back and up/down) but, one may have to test it further. When I throw nades from g2 to g1 and g3 in uptown I hear massive differences in dmaHD but not much in ikalizer.

Is that natural by the way? Why is it very 'low pitch' if something is heard down and high pitch if it's up? It confuses a bit at first. Is the human ear/head/mechanism able to hear up and down that way?

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 21 November 2010 - 09:25 AM

#72 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: p5yc0runn3r

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:36 AM

View Postmitsubishi, on 21 November 2010 - 09:23 AM, said:

It has to be stressed that it's probable ikalizer only does 2D in its first version (the one released for UrT) (front/back, not up/down) and this does 3D (front/back and up/down) but, one may have to test it further. When I throw nades from g2 to g1 and g3 in uptown I hear massive differences in dmaHD but not much in ikalizer.

Is that natural by the way? Why is it very 'low pitch' if something is heard down and high pitch if it's up? It confuses a bit at first. Is the human ear/head/mechanism able to hear up and down that way?

As listed in the iKALiZER website, the version of iKALiZER used in UrbanTerror is 2D only. dmaHD tries to simulate also 3D (above and below).

As I said, it 'tries'. The way I did it is to lower the bass if above and increase bass if below (sound shadowed by the torso). I will research a bit more on HRTF for above and below and could make changes for the above and below HRTF. It is confusing at first but at least for now there is distinction from above and below which is really good in uptown and some other maps.
dmaHD developer | engine developer | crazy person

#73 User is offline   Jeremypt Icon

• Account: jeremypt

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:59 AM

View PostSf4tt, on 17 November 2010 - 09:11 PM, said:

Here's the experience with this build:

Downloaded today, at the very first execution it was crashing (with the windows dialog box...) then psycorunner says to try to make a backup of my q3config.cfg. Nice, it runs, i start to making again all my settings. Im not interested in the admHD so i disable it. What i'm really interested in is the raw mouse support. Well, now the game seems running well. raw mouse working. The loading time its pretty much the same with the standard build (not like the mitsubishi's one, dude you did a great job, but even the vanilla requires A LOT more time to load then the standard build, at least for me).

Allright lets try to play:

WTF is all this blood spreading from the people i hit? O_O It doesnt happen when i play with the standard build + my old cfg.

Basically:

Standard build + old cfg (com_blood 1, cg_visibilebleeding 1, cg_sfx_showdamage 1) = I hit people and from the bodies exit a really small amount o blood.

Psycorunner build + old cfg = CRASH

Psycorunner build + new cfg (com_blood 1, cg_visiblebleeding 1, cg_sfx_showdamage 1)= I hit people and from the bodies exit TONS of blood, distracting me and even making me drop FPS more then usual.

Standard build + new cfg = JUST like psyco's build + new cfg.

Posted ImagePosted Image
t

These are with standard build + old config.

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are with Standard build + config generated by psycorunner's build.

You should say, about the first 2, that im using com_blood 0, but i can assure you im not. com_blood 1 in both cfgs. And the 2 others cVars also.

Plus, i experienced strange lags with this build... making my ping floating random and with really weird spikes.

open your cfg with notepad, and change to in_mouse "2", save and run.

#74 User is offline   technotic Icon

• Account: technotic

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:23 AM

Is there a Mac version of this? If so, how do I install it/where's the link? I can't use Ikalizer :S.

#75 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:12 AM

View Posttechnotic, on 25 November 2010 - 06:23 AM, said:

Is there a Mac version of this? If so, how do I install it/where's the link? I can't use Ikalizer :S.

Neither Mitsubishi nor I have a Mac... We rely on the community for Mac compilation support.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#76 User is offline   pollofeliz Icon

• Account: pollofeliz

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:36 PM

I was playing today using ioq3-1802-urt-231110-win32 build, and I started hearing the loud static noise again every once in a while.
3AKOH
(usually)

#77 User is offline   Sf4tt Icon

• Account: sf4tt

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:18 AM

View PostJeremypt, on 22 November 2010 - 01:59 AM, said:

open your cfg with notepad, and change to in_mouse "2", save and run.

It's already 2. It always been in the config which i use with the psyco's build (in the other one, which i use with the standard build, its in_mouse -1).

Honestly i dont understand why a mouse setting should change anything about something graphic. :huh:

This post has been edited by Sf4tt: 26 November 2010 - 01:18 AM

#78 User is offline   Jeremypt Icon

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:36 AM

View Postp5yc0runn3r, on 25 November 2010 - 07:12 AM, said:

Neither Mitsubishi nor I have a Mac... We rely on the community for Mac compilation support.

psyco, any change to get a "pure iourt" version only with raw mouse suport added

#79 User is offline   Jeremypt Icon

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:36 AM

View Postp5yc0runn3r, on 25 November 2010 - 07:12 AM, said:

psyco, any change to get a "pure iourt" version only with raw mouse suport added

#80 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:01 AM

View PostJeremypt, on 26 November 2010 - 04:36 AM, said:

Not really. The purpose of this build is to have dmaHD NOT raw mouse.

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942