Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

AAS not initialized Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   wwii44 Icon

• Account: wwii44

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:21 AM

I keep getting an AAS not initialized error while trying to add bots in to my game. If any one could enlighten me on how to fix this it would be very appreciated.

#2 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:27 AM

bot navigation file missing. The map you were trying doesnt have the file.
Try
Ridyah
Turnpike
Uptown
Abbey (and ctf version)
Austria
Prague
Ramelle
Casa (but its unstable)

There is more but i cant give linkys to the page you can find all. Read thread about adding bots.

Also someone made more these navigation files.

In alpha you can also try Urban Horror and Company.

Some maps might have bot support but they are not finished so bots stand still in the spawn.

You should play FFA if possible since in many maps bots may got stuck in the spawn.

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#3 User is offline   wwii44 Icon

• Account: wwii44

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:29 PM

thanks for the help, but I must ask is is posibal to add in a bot navigation file to a map?

#4 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:28 AM

yes but i dont think that you know how to make one. I dont but never even wanted to search.

If you have guided some bots that use nodes, i think it doesnt work so in urt like that. Well partly.

I understood that you set point in the map. Those points are interesting for bots. They got curious and travell there. You can make a working network (net or that what spiders does...) of those points.

So map is full of them and bots find many places very interesting and start exploring.

But i do think there is some extra rules and some complications.

But there you have something to think.

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 12 January 2011 - 11:53 PM, said:

The bots don't understand spawn doors. We stopped supporting bots years ago.

Quite right, they don't understand spawn doors but theres and VERY easy work around and thats to place a bot roam entity with a value of about 200-300 inside the trigger which opens the door, they work 200% fine in cambridge, to prove my point is valid I did an entity compile with other maps to see if it wasn't just my 1 map and 9 times out of 10 it worked, else you had to direct the bot to the door with more bot roam entities.
The same thing with the flag in CAH and CTF. bots in nearly all maps will just run to the bot roam entity and wont realise they have captured flag.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942