• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

casa Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   LORD OF DOOM (old) Icon

Posted 15 April 2004 - 01:14 PM

[quote name='"Duf Kni3n"]Casa is a very beautifull map that is perfect for TS and also CTF (though i think its a bit to big) The only thing I dont really like is the new lighting' date=' its just to bright, without any contrast and i miss the warm colour. Ofcourse at this way you can see everything very clear but there must be a middle way.[/quote']

3.4 flag positions are not that good imho... I mean flag on patio... within 0.2 seconds they are gone and at fountain... very difficult to defend. The rest is fun on casa :)

#12 User is offline   Dufkni3n Icon

• Account: dufkni3n

Posted 15 April 2004 - 01:25 PM

yea that s an issue think it would be better if the other flag will be located a bit more to the front its now almost hidden now (if you look at the other flag), or visa versa, the patio flag a bit more to the back but i prefer the faster gameplay with easier to get flags.

#13 Guest_[PoD]Addicted

Posted 15 April 2004 - 02:39 PM

If it is late at night, and I am about to call it quits

and the next map is Casa

I can't resist and end up playing another round.

It is a fun map, total blood bath, and I feel it is very well balanced.

Blue Flag on Patio is not bad considering you have to get through the archway/tunnel of campers to get to it.

Red Flag is at a good spot because there is always someone on the balcony camping it.

This makes both flags just a little hard to get to, but not impossible. And if you do get them, you can get gone very quickly. Any map you can sprint across is not too big for ctf.

Maybe there are frustrations due to the constant changes with the map. However each time it seems to liven it up for me. Whether it be new flag points, removing those spawn rooms and changing spawn points, or the new Halls which I've seen some good use of lately.

I think there are more fans of this map than any.

Just my opinion.

#14 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 15 April 2004 - 04:12 PM

I just dont see it, sorry dude.

Casa was awesome as a Team Survivor specific map when Sweetnutz first released it, its only shortcoming was the lack of CTF.

Casa as it stands now is great, yay CTF/Bomb support! The extra little hallways and new flagspots are nice, I think Bladekiller did them, and to all the changes I say Good Job.

You may not like Casa, and thats fine, but it certainly isn't a horrible map, it seems to me to have gotten better, actually...

But hey, just my opinion, for what its worth.

#15 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 15 April 2004 - 06:04 PM

Casa is definately one of the best looking maps there is. Great TS map, neat Bomb map. Pretty good ctf too though I think the market gets underused because of the way the map is set up. Great map.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 15 April 2004 - 06:12 PM

Then pass along some better information as to where YOU think flags should be. This is by far the best map in the entire mod, hands down.

#17 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 15 April 2004 - 06:16 PM

Personally I think the blue flag could come out of that hole just a bit. Two feet north would do it.

#18 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 15 April 2004 - 06:20 PM

Well we see all the complaining, yet no ideas to solve it where YOU think it should be. Try providing construction rather than deconstruction.

#19 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 15 April 2004 - 06:44 PM

I'm not exactly sure how to bring the market into play. I just had an idea though, if the blue flag was placed in the corridor leading from where the flag is now to the room with the propane tank I think it might work. You would have a lot more attacks coming from the market area but it wouldn't shut off the other side of the map because it still a good way to bring the red flag back.

#20 User is offline   audioaxes (old) Icon

Posted 15 April 2004 - 07:20 PM

its ok for TS but it has been turned into absolute garbage for ctf

funny...imo casa is not only one of the most beautiful maps out there but also very well balanced for clanwars AND pub games now. what exactly is wrong with it?

have you played 3.4 casa ctf?

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942