• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_kingpin map conflict [SOLVED] Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

- Haha I dont care about kingpin, couldnt believe this crappy map as first party map and tbh i expected poland to be a new first party map
- I do like to see kingdom_rc6, with looks of the current 4.2 kingdom. Kingdom_rc6 rocks, now make it only look better.

This post has been edited by Driller: 06 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

#12 User is offline   Garreth Icon

• Account: garreth
  • Main tag: -21-

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostPapyRuny, on 06 August 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

I can understand you dont like the modification for you self.
But there are others players then you, I say something that I hope you can understand: the changes were done because of these others players want it, especially the 'camp spots' near team exit and some structure blocking the path which slows down the map.

But still we can express our opinions, right? I know that some opinions are more important for you and somebody put his/her time to modify the map so you have to defend the solution, but well, why didn't you give the map new name and leave the old one?:)

#13 User is offline   KittyWumpus Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: kittywumpus

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

Hi!
re: Skybox/missing texture(s): Real quick look, and it appears that (at least) the "ut4_terrorism4" and "ut4_terrorism6" maps utilize the shader/king1.shader doc, but not the sky(box) portion of that shader file (obvious by looking at the sky). Removing the sky(box) portion of the king1.shader resolves the issue, and removal of the king1.shader doc does not affect the terrorism4 & 6 maps. The rest of the king1.shader is reflected entirely in the new .shader document (which contains two additional shader definitions in it). Horse A-F will need to update his(her) terrorism maps (IMO, simply removing the king1.shader doc resolves it).

As far as playability...
While I disagree with the changes to Kingpin (and Kingdom) as far as layout is concerned (the middle ground on both have been tactically.. borked? IMO, of course), I do understand that my opinion could be among a (very) small percentage of those who feel this way. Above all, I respect the map designer's decisions, regardless of my feelings. In these cases, I/we do have previous versions to play, though in the case of kingdom, the last build that I/we enjoyed playing had the "drop most players on cycle" *bug*.

Enjoying 4.2 here :D

This post has been edited by KittyWumpus: 07 August 2012 - 02:33 AM

#15 User is offline   hyundai Icon

• Account: hyundai

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Well, this is lucky for you guys for the reason being that only in some maps this problem happens. But, I get this problem when I open-up the game (even in the main-menu this problem occurs). :wacko:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

Nice thread title.

#17 User is offline   Reflux Icon

•   gameserver owner   
  • Account: reflux
  • Main tag: FSK405|

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:25 AM

It wasn't the "best" way to express my dislike in the changes and I certainly didn't intend to insult PapyRuny. My apologies PappyRuny.

Our resident mapper, Kitty, later informed me/we that it was Horse A-F's problem and not FS. I still dislike the changes, but that is just my opinion. There are plenty of maps to go around.

View PostBladeKiller, on 08 August 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

There is nothing stopping you from making better maps.

There is actually quite a lot stopping me from making better maps. :biggrin:

If a mod could, please feel free to adjust the topic.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942