• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Update 4.2.006 Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Camacho Icon

• Account: camacho
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Ever since we updated we are getting HEAVY server lag, using linux32bit. Is anyone else having this problem. The server load does not rise during these lags, and the ICMP ping time stays consistent. The lag is about 2 to 5 seconds of the server completely freezing during which every play has connection interrupt, and then the server goes on like nothing happened. Are any other server admins having this problem. I'm probably going to downgrade to 005 and see if that fixes it and wait for 007. We try to have the newest but it hasn't been working out. And I actually keep EVERY previous version of our game server, because I got seriously messed over by 003 autoupdate, which gave me HTML files. I was able to fix it by adding a line to the /etc/hosts file thanks to a recommendation by sudo|king. Mis configured http server?

View PostDecoy, on 09 November 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

[text]news 388[/text]

Hey vato,
Come join the misfit in our server
/connect PresidentCamacho.NET
http://PresidentCamacho.NET
Camacho@PresidentCamacho.NET

#63 User is offline   zyzz Icon

• Account: zyzz

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostJuno, on 15 November 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

In this version (4.2.6) i get fps drops.
Few minutes is ok, then it starts.
C2D Intel, GPU ATI, XP SP3.

Same here. Weird thing it started today so I can't say for sure it's the game. I usually have 125 fps (+- a bit) but today I have drops to 60 fps all the time. Unplayable. :(
Maps were austria, toxic (at blue spawn it was pretty bad) and abbey (not that much here).

#64 User is offline   solitude Icon

• Account: solitude

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

solitude, FOV 110 has been like that since 2.0. The arms were made for FOV 90.

I always play at fov setted to 110 (the max value), and this glitch in the arms appears only if I'm using the G-36, and in the 4.1 version, too.
All the other weapons are ok.

#65 User is offline   junioramdx4 Icon

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

I know many people love the animations of the same 4.1 and the 4.2 but hated the look well after the two could make a junction of both taking what is best of two worlds sort: the crouching animation of 4.2 is better, while walking with the weapons of the 4.1 is more realistic (if you look in the mirror vera q to run or walk with a pistol for example, both hands are lowered but the vision of the player is built ...) when holding the knife animation 4.2 is better, the rest would be the animation that is now standard. Joining the fun this would be so perfect! :D

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#66 User is offline   PowerSSaiyanX Icon

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

I have a suggestion for the jump mode. Can u have it to where the save location is saved to a file by guid and map so we can have it perm saved? I also agree with the no kevlar idea.

Otherwise things are good with this latest update. The purple HUD makes me laugh be its good. I would really love to have the HD female skins in 4.2 as well.
~ |WC|Saiyan
Twitter ->@saiyan20

#67 User is offline   LtStriker Icon

• Account: ltstriker

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostCamacho, on 15 November 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

Ever since we updated we are getting HEAVY server lag, using linux32bit. Is anyone else having this problem. The server load does not rise during these lags, and the ICMP ping time stays consistent. The lag is about 2 to 5 seconds of the server completely freezing during which every play has connection interrupt, and then the server goes on like nothing happened. Are any other server admins having this problem. I'm probably going to downgrade to 005 and see if that fixes it and wait for 007. We try to have the newest but it hasn't been working out. And I actually keep EVERY previous version of our game server, because I got seriously messed over by 003 autoupdate, which gave me HTML files. I was able to fix it by adding a line to the /etc/hosts file thanks to a recommendation by sudo|king. Mis configured http server?

Yes, we have been experiencing the same thing. Server lags, client crashes too. We have had the whole team on one side suddenly get connection interrupt and sometimes a few players go 999 during map cycles.
Otherwise we really like the changes. Getting so close, FS. We hope you can find a solution to this instability.

Thanks,

|30+|LtStriker

#69 User is offline   Camacho Icon

• Account: camacho
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostLtStriker, on 17 November 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

Yes, we have been experiencing the same thing. Server lags, client crashes too. We have had the whole team on one side suddenly get connection interrupt and sometimes a few players go 999 during map cycles.
Otherwise we really like the changes. Getting so close, FS. We hope you can find a solution to this instability.

Thanks,

|30+|LtStriker

Yeah its frustrating because I'm not sure if I should be yelling at the datacenter or not. I should have waited for 4.2 to go full realease. Not everyone is getting the problems today.
Hey vato,
Come join the misfit in our server
/connect PresidentCamacho.NET
http://PresidentCamacho.NET
Camacho@PresidentCamacho.NET

#70 User is offline   Doe.TwainColts Icon

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostbArgh, on 10 November 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

These links are broken, where to downlad a clean of ID and AUTH
installation 006. or just the files to download
and remove from 007 in order to have a correct downgrade?

Some players are asking me for 006, which is the
current running version of our servers.

Thanks

This post has been edited by Doe.TwainColts: 02 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942