• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Update 4.2.008 Rate Topic: ***** 4 Votes

#61 User is offline   Camacho Icon

• Account: camacho
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostRaideR, on 04 December 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

Hi, it only crashes in very specific circumstances, however, a fix should not be far off on that IF we know exactly where to look. We rely on proper reports with server logs etc to home down the issue. It makes it a lot easier if we have this information.

Explain the server lag you speak of (we confirmed with 4 seperate admins they don't have this), so we need futher information in order to investigate it.

and last :) 1 warning to you for having a middle finger in your signature. Please read our profanity guidelines again the Terms of Service.

Yes, i saw that, but we had a little confusion our side. I'm waiting on an answer to direct link and upload it "Now" or with "009" so we can update it as required via our updater.

I forgot about the server lag. So we get these HUGE lag spikes intermittently. They seem to be experienced by all users simultaneous, they bots don't seem to be affected. The lag spikes last a couple of seconds and result in a full connection interruption for that time period. So if I am firing at a player they will stop and I will stop and sit at the same time, when we both come back we are still alive, however if I am shooting at a bot, and I catch a lag spike then they bot kills me before the lag ends. I doubt that helps. With beta 006 it was such a bad problem the server was not playable (we will forget about beta 007 because it made us sad) beta 008 still has the problem but not as often. It seems to creepy up for a period of time and then go away again suddenly. When it is happening it seems to happen ever few minutes, and then will go away for hours. Good luck with this, transient issues are a huge pain.

There also remains the slight slight possibility that our cheap data center is screwing up their network. I have all but rulled that issue out, but since the issue is transient it's hard to be 100%.
Hey vato,
Come join the misfit in our server
/connect PresidentCamacho.NET
http://PresidentCamacho.NET
Camacho@PresidentCamacho.NET

#62 User is offline   LtStriker Icon

• Account: ltstriker

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostRaideR, on 07 December 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

Yes |30+| Striker. You are not in any groups, check your profile.

If you are the owner, you will have to add yourself as a head admin. The owner flag is special and "technically" doesn't count towards "Membership in the group"

you MUST add ever clan member to the group on urt.info which has the tag registered. To the best of my knowledge the tag system is working fine.

Please check your group settings on this website and make sure all of your team mates "Auth" have been given "Member" status or higher!

Thanks!

R

hey Raider

Thanks for looking into things. I've since added myself to the Headadmin status as I am the owner of the group. I also found one player that was not in the group and added him. Should be good to go.

|30+|LtStriker

#63 User is offline   LtStriker Icon

• Account: ltstriker

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

View PostCamacho, on 07 December 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

I forgot about the server lag. So we get these HUGE lag spikes intermittently. They seem to be experienced by all users simultaneous, they bots don't seem to be affected. The lag spikes last a couple of seconds and result in a full connection interruption for that time period. So if I am firing at a player they will stop and I will stop and sit at the same time, when we both come back we are still alive, however if I am shooting at a bot, and I catch a lag spike then they bot kills me before the lag ends. I doubt that helps. With beta 006 it was such a bad problem the server was not playable (we will forget about beta 007 because it made us sad) beta 008 still has the problem but not as often. It seems to creepy up for a period of time and then go away again suddenly. When it is happening it seems to happen ever few minutes, and then will go away for hours. Good luck with this, transient issues are a huge pain.

There also remains the slight slight possibility that our cheap data center is screwing up their network. I have all but rulled that issue out, but since the issue is transient it's hard to be 100%.

Hey

Funny you mention this. We had the same thing happen to us, but I just thought it was the Internet. Exactly same description. Monster up lag spike. We only had one big one like that and maybe one or two tiny ones.

|30+|LtStriker

#64 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Yo President Camacho!
Like your server, but i liked it in 4.2.007 more. No lag like now, just crashes.
Now there is indeed recurrent lag like you wrote in your last post. (love your bots and messages). I can confirm that story.

This post has been edited by Driller: 07 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

#65 User is offline   fandesandro Icon

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#67 User is offline   2.f4 Icon

• Account: 2f4

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

0:53 and 1:31 (video above)

Anyway I still prefer bit buged 4.2 hits, than random and unfair 4.1.1,
Now, firefights are much faster and deadly.
made by: google translator and common sense

#68 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostWolfseye, on 07 December 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

I really like that the Auth name is now in the Scorelist. ;) Makes it easier to track people that screw up. Since Playernames can still be renamed.

Great Job ! +1
for public servers it should not be visible by default, auth login should be visible for admins only or in matchmode
i still feel players should have their right to rename, use any nickname they want, it shoudl be up to admins if they allow to show the auth name

BTW if you are not an admin and you're "tracking people", what does it make you? smells like stalking for me.

This post has been edited by n1n: 08 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

<sXe>

#69 User is offline   Wolfseye Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: wolfseye
  • Main tag: FCDE-

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

View Postn1n, on 08 December 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

for public servers it should not be visible by default, auth login should be visible for admins only or in matchmode
i still feel players should have their right to rename, use any nickname they want, it shoudl be up to admins if they allow to show the auth name

BTW if you are not an admin and you're "tracking people", what does it make you? smells like stalking for me.

Whats the problem if someone other than the Admin sees the Auth Name? Its the username used in the forum here as well. Anyone here can see that, so whats the problem on the Server ?

For example i do have a few UrT friends that are not admins but just good friends. If they would witness some ugly situation with a player, why shouldn't they for example see what the guy's auth name is ? Why hiding, unless someone has something to hide, right ? And yes, players can rename of course, but I would still prefer with who I have to deal no matter how he renames.

This post has been edited by Wolfseye: 08 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

#70 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

I think for server admins (and for players too) it's better (and fast) see the authname in the score list for different reasons. The majority of players don't insult or cause problems with his real nick. Some players take a nick to other well-known players to mess his reputation and sometimes with cheats.

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942