• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

(PyrE) Clan server now online! Rate Topic: ***-- 6 Votes

#1 User is offline   gordan0shumway Icon

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

New and improved server! 72.5.102.218

PyrE now has it's own server! We are an exciting new mob that doesn't afraid of anything.
Wanna frag with some chill dudes and dudettes? Check us out at 72.5.102.218 (PyrE) Clan Server.
Basic rules:
Don't cheat. Don't call h4x until you spec the player. Have fun and be a good sport.
We run bots until the server fills up. Come hang out and game with us. Our clan forum is http://pyreclan.com/index.php Register and hang out. Air grievances, report hax0rs.

Crack a brew, light one up, let the bullets fly. It's PyrE, baby!

This post has been edited by gordan0shumway: 13 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

#2 User is offline   alfie Icon

• Account: alfie

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:46 AM

View Postgordan0shumway, on 09 January 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

PyrE now has it's own server! F**k the haters! We are an exciting new mob that doesn't afraid of anything.
Wanna frag with some chill dudes and dudettes? Check us out at 72.5.102.186 (PyrE) Clan Server.
Basic rules:
Don't cheat. Don't call h4x until you spec the player. Trash talk is okay as long as it's funny. Basically... Don't be a d!ck, be a dude.
We are currently messing with our bots, trying to get them dialed in just right. Come hang out and game with us. Our clan forum is currently FUBAR due to technical incompetence but it will be back soon!!

Yeah just don't frag these guys too much because they will ban you.

#3 User is offline   fail789 Icon

• Account: fail789

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

View Postgordan0shumway, on 09 January 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

PyrE now has it's own server! F**k the haters! We are an exciting new mob that doesn't afraid of anything.
Wanna frag with some chill dudes and dudettes? Check us out at 72.5.102.186 (PyrE) Clan Server.
Basic rules:
Don't cheat. Don't call h4x until you spec the player. Trash talk is okay as long as it's funny. Basically... Don't be a d!ck, be a dude.
We are currently messing with our bots, trying to get them dialed in just right. Come hang out and game with us. Our clan forum is currently FUBAR due to technical incompetence but it will be back soon!!

And if someone is better than you, he will be kicked? Whats wrong with you?

*thumbsup*

#4 User is offline   gordan0shumway Icon

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

Most likely you were acting like a bitch. Mods do make mistakes though. Try being cool next time instead of getting defensive or nasty.

Want to talk about it? Come by the forums. http://pyreclan.com/index.php

#5 User is offline   Hoody Icon

• Account: hoody
  • Main tag: pnk|

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

Rather poor experience on this server:

Logged on as Hoody. Scored well. Various PyrE folk on server asking for my real alias. I guess they don't know I am old player. I say this is my real name. One guy (not-tagged) starts calling me a hacker, repeatedly. No effort to spec or demo. I lose my patience and call him a prick. Turns out he's the server admin. Kicks me. I come back in and say that it is disrespectful to call hack without any effort to prove. He temp bans me. I attempt to log into their forums to argue my case. They deny my application to join the forum.

Very weak, PyrE.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   gordan0shumway Icon

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:31 AM

View PostHoody, on 27 May 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Rather poor experience on this server:

Logged on as Hoody. Scored well. Various PyrE folk on server asking for my real alias. I guess they don't know I am old player. I say this is my real name. One guy (not-tagged) starts calling me a hacker, repeatedly. No effort to spec or demo. I lose my patience and call him a prick. Turns out he's the server admin. Kicks me. I come back in and say that it is disrespectful to call hack without any effort to prove. He temp bans me. I attempt to log into their forums to argue my case. They deny my application to join the forum.

Very weak, PyrE.

I was playing that night as well. You would have been kicked from any other server in the UrT community for trash talking mods that way. I even tried to intervene on your behalf but you just kept running your mouth. Come back and play with us again sometime and you'll see that we don't hold grudges. Just keep in mind that mods don't always wear their tags specifically because of situations like this. We sometimes like to see how people will behave when they think no one is looking. Not so good, in your case. And don't take it personally if someone !aliases you when you join. Some players always use the same name, others change their handle more often than their socks. It's nice to know if you have played against someone before.

We are starting to get a pretty good crowd of regulars on the server. I want to express how much we enjoy having you guys game with us. Don't be discouraged by a few negative comments. Disgruntled players tend to be far more vocal than satisfied ones. That's video games for you.

#7 User is offline   Hoody Icon

• Account: hoody
  • Main tag: pnk|

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

View Postgordan0shumway, on 28 May 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

I was playing that night as well. You would have been kicked from any other server in the UrT community for trash talking mods that way. I even tried to intervene on your behalf but you just kept running your mouth. Come back and play with us again sometime and you'll see that we don't hold grudges. Just keep in mind that mods don't always wear their tags specifically because of situations like this. We sometimes like to see how people will behave when they think no one is looking. Not so good, in your case. And don't take it personally if someone !aliases you when you join. Some players always use the same name, others change their handle more often than their socks. It's nice to know if you have played against someone before.

We are starting to get a pretty good crowd of regulars on the server. I want to express how much we enjoy having you guys game with us. Don't be discouraged by a few negative comments. Disgruntled players tend to be far more vocal than satisfied ones. That's video games for you.

I respect your attempt to defend PyrE and I did trash talk, but this is inaccurate and doesn't acknowledge the poor behaviour of the mod in question.

1. He called hack on me before I said anything out of line, breaking the rules of his own server. Once you've violated the rules of a server, you are fair game as far as I am concerned.

2. In no way did I think no-one was watching, as there were several tagged up members in the game at that point. I presumed to be dealing with a troll, which is a fair assumption when some poorly-expressed un-tagged player starts calling hacks without bothering to spec.

3. When I logged back in I was temp-banned simply for pointing out it was wrong to kick someone without speccing. Then this mod called me several homosexual slurs, in all caps, and repeated his baseless claims of hacking.

4. I led a clan for several years and you won't find many old school players who will agree with your assessment that I am merely a disgruntled asshat. Asshat maybe.

I might not have covered myself in glory, but that mod is a disgrace and cannot even uphold his own clan's standards. Respect to the rest of the clan and for you for trying to intervene, but that individual is a disgrace and his clanmates probably secretly know that.

This post has been edited by Hoody: 28 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

#8 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

I'm pretty sure 90% of the URT players have had a problem with this server and their Napoleon Syndrome admins.... I'd suggest avoiding this server to anybody just wanting to play without hassle.

#9 User is offline   ZephyR Icon

• Account: zephyr

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

This server already has a bad reputation from competitive players that actually still pub. I've been told to avoid this server by multiple people.

#10 User is offline   gordan0shumway Icon

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

You know what's funny though? Ever since I posted this thread our traffic has increased substantially. I guess people are curious. Out of hundreds of players and dozens of regulars I see only three complaints from people who have actually gamed with us. The rest are snarky comments from folks who have "heard" bad things but have no first hand experience. I call that a pretty good ratio of happy to unhappy players.

So what's all the fuss? Are these PyrE folks really so bad? Swing by the server and see for yourself.

This post has been edited by gordan0shumway: 29 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942