• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Update 4.2.011 Rate Topic: -----

#71 User is offline   garcassgrinder Icon

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 09 April 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

ottone, I don't understand how you can go inside that wall unless you are spectating. It has been clipped and I just checked it and the clip is working. (it is the round wall inside the blue spawn area, right?)

Hi BK,

I confirm that bug its only in the red base, in the corner close to the spawn point.

Cheers

#73 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: p5yc0runn3r

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 09 April 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

p5ych0runn3r,
What fancy graphics? This is 4.2 not HD. It has the same graphics as in 4.1 with some new player skins.

It was a matter of speaking that we actually do not care about fancy graphics as long as the gameplay is there but then again, I see CVARS related to bumpy still there so I can safely assume that something with the graphics engine has been done.

If all that community made stuff is so great then why wouldn't they adapt it for 4.2?

I do not work or am associated with FrozenSand and thus how would I know how to answer that? This is the question that I ask you actually. There is some really good stuff made to the engine and I know players that do not play it because this stuff is not there. There is already a fork of 4.2 engine with the missing features: http://www.r00t.cz/SW/UrbanTerror

They are the same maps as are in 4.1 except for Prague v2 which isn't going to get decent fps yet because (if you read the prague reame text you will see why) it isn't finished. I just wanted the gameplay tested.

Yes I know that Prague v2 is not finished yet and I knew that it drops FPS but the map Tombs for example drops down to 67fps on my machine. I don't know if that is still not finished also.

Get used to 4.2. We won't be updating 4.1 because 4.2 is an update to 4.1 and we will be dropping all support for 4.1 soon.

It is only fair that you will not update 4.1 since you are working on 4.2. I am trying to get used to it but after playing for so many years, 4.2 still needs polishing to be up par with 4.1 so keep up the good work.

You sound like you haven't even looked at it since you say things about 4.2 that aren't true like the bit about fancy graphics that haven't changed. Did you read the changelog at all? Turnpike had a bug that had to be fixed. Despite compiling it with the same switches and the same old compiler that was used for it in 4.1 (in 2007) its lighting changed and no one said anything during testing. Since release some people have reported that is a bit dark so I have done what I can to get it closer to 4.1.

I have been following version 4.2 and HD since you posted in the forums. We have been playing 4.2 for quite some time and I can say that the hit code is much better than 4.1
dmaHD developer | engine developer | crazy person

#75 User is offline   Divinity Icon

• Account: divinity
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Can anyone from FS be specific about what milestones need to be crossed before 4.1 support is completely sunset in favor of 4.2? Are we talking known bug resolution, player acceptance or some arbitrary unpublished (or maybe published somewhere) timetable?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#77 User is offline   wraith Icon

• Account: wraith

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

now just need to change the naming convention of demos.. if only..

#78 User is offline   akaryatrh Icon

• Account: akaryatrh

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

What do you mean by "Fixed instant medic upon multiple hits" ? Healing seems taking ages now :mellow:

Lovely update by the way, especially PragueV2... except the fps drop effect, but it should be fixed as i read in this post. With our macbook pro 2011, the average fps is like 30, 40 and can decrease until 25 (while on regular maps it's around 100/120fps).

#79 User is offline   garcassgrinder Icon

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Is it normal that at ut4_prague_v2 the bullet impact & leave marks effect is different to all walls?

Some walls shows no impact effects and no marks; other walls shows only marks other bring all.

greez GG

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942