• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello Urban Terror Community! Rate Topic: -----

I'm new to UrT but not new to Mapping

#1 User is offline   skuzzzz Icon

• Account: skuzzzz

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

Hello everyone!

I wanted to drop a thread to introduce myself and possibly get some assistance along the way.

My typical video game name is skuzzY, and I have been mapping for quite a few years. I only mapped for Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Best game on the planet), but sadly those days are over. The RtCW community is finally dead, and will never be returning (As some of you may or may not know). The Master Servers have been terminated for a while now, and even though there is a patch fix for players to still get there frag on, it will never be the same.

So anyways! I was browsing through the web today for level design related topics, and Urban Terror came up. I see that this community is still thriving and your Mapping / Mappers are FULL of creativity and partnership. I LOVE IT! So I wanted to inform you guys that I am going to start mapping for Urban Terror and would love to share the goodness with you all!

Now I do have a question. I saw somewhere on this Forum about an Urban Terror map maker, but i'm curious. Does Gtk Radiant support level design for UrT???

Please let me know, otherwise a link in the right direction would be great.

The first map design I have is going to be a full scale High School :)

#2 User is offline   Noxtty8 Icon

• Account: noxtty8

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:00 AM

Welcome in the game brah, hope to see you in the jumping mode, worth the try!

Oh & yes GTK radiant supports Urban Terror, you just gotta add the game yourself.

You can take a look here: http://www.custommap....php?f=15&t=457

Enjoy

This post has been edited by noxtty8: 18 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

#3 User is offline   skuzzzz Icon

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

I may have another issue...

This post has been edited by skuzzzz: 18 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

#4 User is offline   skuzzzz Icon

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:19 AM

I'm working on my problem at the moment. I'm jumping the gun here. I may have fixed it. Thank you for helping me though, that link gave me everything.

This post has been edited by skuzzzz: 18 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

#5 User is offline   Noxtty8 Icon

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Yup, very good pack, a few additions. However it doesn't have ut_timestart & ut_timestop but a few topics here are showing how to get them.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   skuzzzz Icon

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 19 June 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

Welcome to UrT. Just a word of caution regarding your above mentioned theme for a map. Please do not make a high school. A similar map recently made for CS ended up in the news here (Canada) and the mapper was grilled by police as a suspected terrorist. I know it's ridiculous but this subject has always been a bit sensitive due to all the school shootings in the USA and elsewhere. We were almost banned in Germany recently until they found out we are not sold there.

Thanks and have fun.

Oh wow, I'm very glad you told me now because I had begun the project. Thank you for that warning. That can just be saved for a personal goal / objective then. How about a library?

Also, does UrT have models that can be imported into Radiant? Or do I have to get models via third party?

#8 User is offline   Noxtty8 Icon

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

oO.. ooooook I really didn't know about that Blade :/

#9 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

View Postskuzzzz, on 19 June 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Also, does UrT have models that can be imported into Radiant? Or do I have to get models via third party?

Urban terror doesn't ship with map models. A pretty comprehensive collection of map models can be found here: http://www.blackrayne.net/models_1.php

#10 User is offline   wraith Icon

• Account: wraith

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

View Postskuzzzz, on 19 June 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

How about a library?

Texas School Book Depository comes to mind.. :/

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942