• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

intro demo aka. tutorial Rate Topic: -----

improvements

#11 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

View Postnoxtty8, on 22 June 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

badfurday made some videos on how to jump if I remember well. A map like that sounds complicated, a demo maybe not tho.

of course it's difficult... but "our" dev team got so many devs deving around .. .i am sure some dev is able to create a map like that... go fs!!!
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#12 User is offline   Noxtty8 Icon

• Account: noxtty8

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

Well maybe in HD it would be possible, that'd be even possible to map, just.. a bit buggy and weird

#13 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

ut_happyjumptutorial is good enough for beginniners (damn that ladderjump) .
No need to babysit newbies .
One of the first things to learn to feel the distances & that is but a matter of practise no watching . '' Eye to see , hand to touch ''

Don't understand me wrong watching helps , too .
Have you seen a blind urtjumper ? :D
(No discrimination intended , but it is a fact)

#14 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:04 AM

View PostTxc, on 22 June 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

No need to babysit newbies .

the way i see it this is exactly what "we" need to do ... (doesn't get more basic than the current tutorial, adding jumps would actually raise the bar)

the game itself should be capable to convey/show all the possibilties that urt has to offer... to rely on external websites, videos, etc. is something "we" (those playing this games for years) are used to but for newer players this isn't too convenient .. definitely not user friendly .. hoping some of those new players who give urt are stuborn enough spend time on this game and its long learing curve... i don't know.. doesn't sound like the best of strategies..

the difference between happyjumpstutorial and my suggestion is that in hjt you can practice jumping whereas my proposal actually is supposed to teach you how to jump..(and all the other stuff mentioned earlier in this thread of course:) ..putting a player on the edge of a ledge and tell him/ her to "try it" .. is not teaching ..

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 23 June 2013 - 04:05 AM

#15 User is offline   Txc Icon

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

It is like telling me : '' Easy way is my way . ''
The least resistance is so tempting , something so tempting cannot be wrong - nice thought isn't it ? :D

If it is not easy it is no teaching .

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Txc Icon

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

Did you know that probably one of the reasons to cheat is because someone don't want to be the process of playing for thatone , but wants the results ?

Did you know that is very likely historically the first videogame-cheat (there are NES cheats that can tell you for sure) is very likely to was created by a developer/s for the sake of making the game more appealing & easier to be played & mainly because some developers was much more dumber than shit complete idiots & didn't know how to do it , the gameplay is complete garbage & placeholder of such & they shouldn't make games at first place .
Collision & hitdetection was never neither good enough nor good at all .
Not to mention how slippery it is .
& it is static & player wasn't in control .

Did you know that memory of how hard it is & was until you learn it ( not just about urban terror or jumping whitin , but for everything in general without absolutely no exceptions ) is one of the reasons to appreciate & respect something ?

#17 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

don't drag this thread to some metablabla level... stick to the topic or just stop commenting..
i got that you don't like the idea and i am fine with that...
if you want to dicuss whether or not making something more approachable is evil ..you should start your own thread

#18 User is offline   Txc Icon

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

It is on topic actually , not in your definition for on topic you claim , but whatever .

I will comment if I want to , don't need your approval neither I care if you like what I am saying or not .
The point is not if I like it or not , but that it don't work exactly as you think .
It is your free choice to see it or not .

I never said it is evil .
& since you asked for it (which now is off topic & your fault) I left the conception of good & evil many decades ago ...

A dicussion is for discussing , probably to have & contras in 1 discussion is reasonable to be expected .

#19 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

back to the topic:

any mapper interested in giving this a try?

or to rephrase this: would a map/section like the one i proposed be technically doable?

#20 User is offline   Noxtty8 Icon

• Account: noxtty8

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

Well I can give it a try

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942