Urban Terror Forums: Question and Answer sessions with the Development Team - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question and Answer sessions with the Development Team Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

My friend Ubik wants to ask this: Do you know if one day it will be possible to use a different map making software other than GTKRadiant? Could it be possible to use 3D softwares as well (3DsMax, Bender, and so on)?

I would like to ask this: Can you tell us about how is going the AntiCheat part of UrT? Are the assigned members really working on it (because people such as Seti or r00t who never show any sign of activity make me doubt it)? Can we expect anything about the AntiCheat for the 4.2 or do we have to wait for the HD to come? Because right now people are saying that there's already cheats available on the latest version but few times ago you (Barbatos for example) said that you had a technique to counter the cheats so it seems that this technique is a bit outdated, isn't it?

This post has been edited by Brainie: 06 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

#44 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 06 July 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Player accounts is real. Authorization is real.

These are the two necessary ingredients for an active AC system and what is also real is no one around here is going to tell anyone where,when or how.

Yeah but these two ingredients are for the account managing. What makes the banishments? What stops a wallhack or a cheat to function? Nothing. There's still cheats on this 4.2.013 according to what people say and your auth system does not stop it.
I was mostly thinking about how is doing the third necessary ingredient for an active AC which is the barrier that turns down the cheats.

OR maybe I am wrong and you plan to allow the cheats to function on the next versions and all you're going to do is to make banishments. In other words, cheats will be used and freely available but bans will fall. Is it going this way?

Just for information and funny facts, I used to be in touch with some friends of a mate who really made a fully working anti-cheat for the 4.1 version. It didn't take them years to make it). It worked really well and it didn't require any account system. They were able to make a ban list and even able to know if a cheat has been used by a player before he come on the server. Everything was in the server side.
I don't say this to demotivate or to turn down anyone or anything. But it's a bit sad to wait a long time for something that appears to be doable in the present.

This post has been edited by Brainie: 06 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   mecwerks Icon

• Account: mecwerks
  • Main tag: [BaSe]

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

My question is, would there be any hopes of you guys working with me a little to get the menu system im working on with quake3-ios implemented into the UrbanTerror ui?

It just adds two functions, one syscall, and maybe 2 VM_Calls to the ui qvm and automatically draws a touch area around the text/button/whatever. Not exactly sure how to work out only allowing it to call those functions when running on my engine but im sure something can be figured out pretty easily.

For now what i'll have to do is add a separate control system for use when running UrbanTerror as a mod from quake3-ios. If you guys could work with me some i can make a dedicated UrbanTerror launcher (although it and quake3-ios are only available to jailbroken iOS devices). Here is my original post with youtube demo and project page link UrbanTerror iOS Demo.

If not could someone at least help me resolve issues with 4.2 running? 4.1.1 runs fine but i get weird errors with 4.2 (maybe dedicated launcher would help?)

Anyways thanks for any feedback,
~Marcus

#47 User is offline   rayne2 Icon

• Account: rayne2

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Anyone has an idea how to set up ogre for it to actually run? I downloaded the SDK but after installation I'm kinda stuck a little.

#48 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

For Ogre3d you need game engine in general :p The one that is using Ogre3d as renderer. For start it's good to use this
http://www.ogitor.org/

It runs Ogre3d in camera window.

#49 User is offline   rayne2 Icon

• Account: rayne2

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostMajkiFajki, on 07 July 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

For Ogre3d you need game engine in general :p The one that is using Ogre3d as renderer. For start it's good to use this
http://www.ogitor.org/

It runs Ogre3d in camera window.

So they released an SDK without an actual engine, so when you download the SDK you can stare at it and wonder what's going on.

#50 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

Ogre3d is not a game engine, it just (quite powerful) renderer. You have to build you OWN engine to use Ogre3d. Great example is commercial project:
http://www.neoaxis.com/

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942