• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Get Legit Bro! Rate Topic: ***** 13 Votes

#451 User is offline   cessquill Icon

• Account: cessquill

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

Do you think the extra information is required? Do you think you have the right to see it? The demos are obviously a pointless request, as has been demonstrated.

Long and short, if somebody used a known cheat it will have been logged. It's as clear and simple as you clicking on a "bid" button on eBay. If somebody else clicked on your behalf, or you were drunk when you clicked on it, that's not their fault, but the bid is still there and didn't create itself.

People talking about software having errors. Sure, it happens. But if you put a "1" in column 1, row 1 of Excel and save it, it's still going to be 1 when you reopen it. Put "=A1*100" in A2, and you're always going to get 100 there. Don't be so naive to think that you can play that card - that's just not how logic works. Just because it's not in a video doesn't make it any less true.

FS have offered to look into individual cases for extenuating circumstances, and please bear in mind that this whole situation is for the greater good of this game.

Nobody wants the tail wagging the dog, nobody wants a game over-run by cheaters. It is their game (FS), and it is in their interests that it stays fair, otherwise the majority would up and leave. I would much rather a situation where it were impossible to cheat (or even better, people wouldn't be so pathetic as to try), but we are here. And we are here NOT because of Frozen Sand, but because of the minority of people who, for some reason, considered it acceptable to piss on honest people for a cheap thrill.

Don't chastise Frozen Sand for the actions of other idiots. And remember; it is a game.

#452 User is offline   BRAVO Icon

• Account: bravo

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

What i don't understand is why doesn't the AC automatically ban the account when it detects the presence of a cheat. shouldn't it be like that?=
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

I KILL PEOPLE

#453 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostBRAVO, on 22 August 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

What i don't understand is why doesn't the AC automatically ban the account when it detects the presence of a cheat. shouldn't it be like that?=

Because implementing an effective anticheat is an arms race, and the current incarnation of the anticheat relied on the cheatmakers being sloppy and not considering that an AC may already be in the game. The idea was to keep collecting evidence for a while longer and catch as many cheaters as possible - the leaking of the source code forced the devs to release the list now. The methods used to detect cheaters in the current anticheat will likely be much less effective now that the cheatmakers know it exists.

#454 User is offline   DeMS Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: dems

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

View PostBRAVO, on 22 August 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

Yes, of course, go tell the cheat coders which cheat is detected and which isn't! :D

#455 User is offline   Green Viking Icon

• Account: greenviking

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

Im laughing at all the people who refuses to belive their "friends"(probably some fat guy pretending to be a girl online) are cheating haha. You would rather belive that the program has made a mistake?

And the people asking for demos is just as comical. You want a demo, which is not proof at all, and 100% subjective, to verify the ban from the ac, and ac made the the same people who makes this game? Are you serious?

Havnt played in years, but had to log on to laugh at some people here lol.

Graet job FS! keep it up.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#456 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 22 August 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

We are after the cheat and not the cheater.

Yes , but did I claim that you are after the cheaters ?

I don't blame you for doing it the way you did , maybe because you (you = FS) do a good job with the AntiCheat .

It is just another aproach which would be nice to be seen in action , but is not realistic to be expected .

So recording in AC & banning is the best ( as method ) we can have , seems .
It works well enough .

But still I do suggest it is possible to be done better , it is possible & feasible are not equal .

#457 User is offline   BRAVO Icon

• Account: bravo

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

View Postthelionroars, on 22 August 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

Because implementing an effective anticheat is an arms race, and the current incarnation of the anticheat relied on the cheatmakers being sloppy and not considering that an AC may already be in the game. The idea was to keep collecting evidence for a while longer and catch as many cheaters as possible - the leaking of the source code forced the devs to release the list now. The methods used to detect cheaters in the current anticheat will likely be much less effective now that the cheatmakers know it exists.

Anyone who has used a cheat in the last stages of 4.2 and doesn't find himself listed here (if there is one) is already knowing he has not been detected..., that's why i don't consider the "race AC vs. cheatmakers" to be a valid point. Plus... if cheaters are listed one or two months later, damage has already been done (some of the players on that list are proven to have cheated on recentleague matches, which is not cool at all, specially if they were detected by the AC), also if cheaters have total freedom to create as many accounts as they wish (as it seems it's happening, not few listed cheaters have posted here in this same topic with their new accounts), what does stop them to try different cheats again and again until they find which one is not detected?
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

I KILL PEOPLE

#458 User is offline   DeMS Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: dems

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostBRAVO, on 22 August 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

Anyone who has used a cheat in the last stages of 4.2 and doesn't find himself listed here (if there is one) is already knowing he has not been detected..., that's why i don't consider the "race AC vs. cheatmakers" to be a valid point. Plus... if cheaters are listed one or two months later, damage has already been done (some of the players on that list are proven to have cheated on recentleague matches, which is not cool at all, specially if they were detected by the AC), also if cheaters have total freedom to create as many accounts as they wish (as it seems it's happening, not few listed cheaters have posted here in this same topic with their new accounts), what does stop them to try different cheats again and again until they find which one is not detected?

That's the point.

If the bans are delayed, as long as FS gives leagues an approximate date of the catch (it doesn't even need to go public), it's good enough to make them wonder for weeks if they'll be detected. So it makes it not worth it for them to wait and try different cheats, only to find out that maybe they won't work on the next build.

#459 User is offline   carniceiru Icon

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

View Postcorefenix, on 20 August 2013 - 02:38 AM, said:

Português --> Eu ja fui acusado(e condenado) sem ter dado nenhuma disfeita com ninguem no modo URT. Sei que em alguns casos pode aver trapaça mas nen todos.
Queria ver alguma foto, texto ou video onde pode se provar esta acusação.
Exemplo: você esta andando no meio da rua chega um garda é te leva preso, te acusando...??? Qual é a prova ???
Aguardo resposta.

translate.google.com.br

Inglês --> I've already been accused (and convicted) without having given any disfeita with anyone mode URT. I know that in some cases can aver cheating but all nen.
I wanted to see any photos, text or video where you can prove this accusation.
Example: you are walking in the street comes a garda is stuck takes you, accusing you ...?? What is the proof??
I await response.

This dumbass doesn't even know portuguese! Stop playing and go back to school!

#460 User is offline   cessquill Icon

• Account: cessquill

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

By the way, my car odometer says just over 97,000. Did you want a video of all that mileage or do you trust a computer to be 100% correct for simple and logical tasks?

• (55 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942