• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New banlist? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   bzegs Icon

• Account: bzegs

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

It has been 4 months since the last ban list was released. I commend FS for installing a successful AC, but what is the point of having it if it's not being enforced? If you want to keep this game alive, I would imagine this would be a good thing to stay on top of.

-CaMar0z
-CaMar0z

#2 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

Really strange indeed, it should be updated and activate bans every week imo.

I dont care if some account is banned because he cheated a year ago, and he actually left the game already, thats useless.
I know FS bans the cheats, and the result will be that cheaters wont be able to use that particular cheat anymore, and/or the account will be disabled or they will be permbanned or so.

But why not update banlist everytime a certain cheat is detected and dealt with?

EDIT:
Hmmm, else say us how many accounts are banned the last 4? months, or are on the banlist to be banned with the next update?

This post has been edited by Driller: 18 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

#3 User is offline   fonducci Icon

• Account: fonducci
  • Main tag: 420.

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:42 AM

Hey FS, don't forget that Christmas is right around the corner. What better way than to treat the player base than a list of cheaters and some public shaming! It's time to drink the tears of these parasites in the name of sustenance. Chew it over and don't forget- we know what you did last summer. By last summer I mean Christmas 2010.

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   aspergersman Icon

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:15 AM

View Postfonducci, on 19 December 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

Hey FS, don't forget that Christmas is right around the corner. What better way than to treat the player base than a list of cheaters and some public shaming! It's time to drink the tears of these parasites in the name of sustenance. Chew it over and don't forget- we know what you did last summer. By last summer I mean Christmas 2010.

Posted Image

Amen.

Hallejuah.

In'shallah.

#5 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:19 AM

We are in the process of answering all the questions in a news post as to why there has been no banlist update. Please be patient.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Nstar Icon

• Account: nstar
  • Main tag: [COD]

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:39 AM

I'm curious as to what kind of forgiveness there is for past cheaters?

I'm thinking of some of the more well known players who were in the previous ban list.
I'm not apt to overlook their infraction, and the "I just changed a couple CVARs, I don't hack" excuse is pretty thin, but, some of those people are otherwise nice folk. Is there any process, whereby, a banned player can take some time away from the game to reflect on what they did wrong, and then, later on, be welcomed back into the community.

Don't get me wrong, you'll NEVER see me on one of those lists, my config verges on the suboptimal, but this comes up often when coordinating league events and such.

I won't call anyone out, but there are some specific players I have in mind that weren't allowed to compete in recent seasons. I think it's a good thing that this is the case. But, now that they have been forced to the side line, and ostracized by the community, and some even their friends and teammates, couldn't we give them a 2nd and final chance to shape up and play fair?

Am I being too soft? Have these players already taken up new identities and joined new teams, working from the shadows to create a new persona without the lingering distrust about them?

I don't know... I just worry that the names you didn't recognize in the last list have already rebranded themselves and started hacking away again under new aliases, while the decent folk who got a bit carried away are stuck pleading for forgiveness. I'd like to see some of those players return, and not just on pubs without auth, but as opponents in competitive play.

#7 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

I don't want to play with current or "ex"-cheaters. I don't even want to play with legit players that condone the behavior of cheaters, which were plentiful with the last ban release. My .02.

This post has been edited by Nikki: 20 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

#8 User is offline   Nstar Icon

• Account: nstar
  • Main tag: [COD]

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostNikki, on 20 December 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

I don't want to play with current or "ex"-cheaters. I don't even want to play with legit players that condone the behavior of cheaters, which were plentiful with the last ban release. My .02.

I guess that means I AM soft... I've been accused of it before.

Just to be sure, I hope you don't think I'm one of those that condones cheating... I think they are scum too! I just believe in second chances, as I'm someone who's made more than a few life altering mistakes and lapses in good judgement in my day.

#9 User is offline   fonducci Icon

• Account: fonducci
  • Main tag: 420.

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

View PostNikki, on 20 December 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

Agreed. I have seen people get several second chances.

#10 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

View Postxoai, on 21 December 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

I guess that means I AM soft... I've been accused of it before.

Just to be sure, I hope you don't think I'm one of those that condones cheating... I think they are scum too! I just believe in second chances, as I'm someone who's made more than a few life altering mistakes and lapses in good judgement in my day.

That really wasn't directed at you. I know that you're somewhat new around URT, so I can almost understand the mentality but even in the short time I've been around, I've seen people crap on their second chances. If they're willing to lie, deceive and cheat once, they're more than likely going to do it again and I don't care enough to take that chance. That's always not 100%. tehwally was an example of that. Banned in 4.1 for wallhacking but didn't show up on the 4.2 banlists. The thing is though is that previous cheaters will always make people doubt and with the amount of cheating trolls who just continue to do it, it ruins it for the couple of people who do get caught and really wont do it again.

Hope that makes sense, I'm still waking up.

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942