• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Urban Terror Needs You! Rate Topic: ***** 5 Votes

#73 User is offline   Randomness Icon

• Account: randomness

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

View PostOlGood, on 01 February 2014 - 11:35 PM, said:

Question: I guess we'll be downloading a beta folder, to keep untouched our actual one, and FS-hosted server will show up on this version's server list. Am I right?
What will be the configuration to the servers please? A few with 12 players, fewer with more players?

Followup question.

If that is the case, where will said servers be located? Just curious if I'll be able to get a decent ping or if it will be another 350+ scenario.
Randomness is everywhere...

#74 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

So it is being said (& I do suggest that maybe there is more , but that is how it looks like with the information I currently received ) sounds to me like - automatics probably will become reasonable , SPAS - ridiculous & snipers cheat just as they always were , but with the addition that now every attempt to play fair with sniper will be sanctioned .

Personal preferences ?!

Nothing to complain about :D .

Besides there is not just the hitboxes/hitmesh/hitcode which interfere with the player skill according to shooting ...
If eventually there is a real interest of fixing it ...

#75 User is offline   Sunra Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: sunra
  • Main tag: UK|

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

Great.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#76 User is offline   Alexdenton Icon

• Account: alexdenton
  • Main tag: efx|

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

@Shoushou:
I agree on the fact that top players in a top teams match can give the best possible feedback, but I also believe that something soimportant, as hitcode definitely is, needs a wide test and a significant number of feedbacks. Even from less skilled players. The higher number of feedbacks you get, the more you are able to adjust the code. Top teams can give Quality feedbacks but if the whole player base is able to give feedbacks devs could be able to know the existence of more bugs or irregularities that cant be all found in 5 pcws between 2 teams.

Obvioulsy you cant take every feedback as pure gold, if an unknown player says he cant hit couse he fires 20 bullets without taking the finger off the mouse button. But the same player could easily encounter a bug which is only recognizable once every 1000 situations which a top player will maybe never experience. Therefore I think a large beta test base is very positive if the feedbacks are used in a smart way.

That said, I'd love to know how will the beta test be organized. How will the server be set and so on.

#77 User is offline   Vogg Icon

• Account: vogg
  • Main tag: #rekt.

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 02 February 2014 - 04:39 AM, said:

Shoushou what is to stop the two clans you mention from doing a practice war with it? We can make arrangements for a private server for them.

Speaking on behalf of #Rekt. we would definitely be up for that, but we would like to get a higher notoriety, because it is ridiculous that the best players are only on the basic level. :D

#78 User is offline   Silver Swords Icon

• Account: silverswords

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

awesome news! and fun isn't sacrificed! awesome game!

can we get the western propaganda on ak's ended as well? true their spread is greater than western rifles, but they're just as accurate.
Smiles open many doors.

#79 User is offline   phd Icon

• Account: phd

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

I am curious about how this beta test will turn out.
The number of servers where you can play (with at least 2 real opponents, not bots) is slim already. The situation is bad in North America.

While the beta test will be "ON", the user base will again be divided.
I understand that this situation is "needed" in order to improve the game for the future.
However, it might be a good idea to limit the damage.

Some suggestions, (that can be bad or undesirable, I just vomited the ideas that went through my head):
Limit the number of servers available for the beta test, and the number of players that can test it at any moment in time.

Do not have too many servers for beta testing in North America.

Limit the number of hours per day the beat test is "ON".

Have the beta "ON" for a specific period of time (1 or 2 days) then gather the feedback.
Put the beta "ON" again for further tests, once a first round of feedback is in.

Those are merely ideas, feel free to bash and trash.

#80 User is offline   rYuuJiN Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ryuujin

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

Good work. Looking forward to it.
a thing of beauty is a joy

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942