• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Let's Frag! Rate Topic: -----

#151 User is offline   fragmeister Icon

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

It seem good, but where is hit dispersion/spread ?? It is very important this hit spread ! I hope the hit spread was off only for the beta.
In any case nice work !

#152 User is offline   0TT0 Icon

• Account: 0tt0

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

i think thats the big change.
but i cant test it out, because there are no opponents to shoot.
can you please add a bot for testing?

#154 User is offline   shoushou Icon

• Account: shoushou

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

You can't call it lucky shot then ... the definition you gave, ie "a habit based on experience of what it takes to get the best result based on a collision system", is the definition of skill. Doesn't matter if the thing is broken, as well as it's broken the same way for everybody.

It's like saying : by having a good angle for your circle, angle that you find only by experience because there are no circle in others games, then you'll make a longer "lucky" jump. This is no sense. Of course, the more experienced you are, the more able you'll be to get "lucky shots" : those hits that involved a part of luck, but that you are able to maximise the efficiency with experience and skill are part of every FPS (at least every major FPS I played, including COD4, Quake and Counter Strike.

#155 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

Sure you can get very good at using bugs, jumping is a famous example.
But if you have to shoot to the side of your target to hit it, that just makes no sense.

Jumping makes you cool fast and dynamic, shooting not at your target makes you just wierd :D

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#157 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:24 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 20 February 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

“Come play our game. It's broke....for everyone.”

Attention T-Shirt Department!

#158 User is offline   shoushou Icon

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

Well, I was probably not clear enought. What I meaned that you can't call a lucky shot something which is based on experience. No matter of it's consist of aiming near the guy or on the guy. In CS, to get hits, you have to aim below the guy once spraying, because the spray goes up. In UrT, as it's random, aiming near the person isn't idiot. You get my point.

Anyway, just some small question to understand it better :
- The "lucky shot" you define is wrote to be present in 4.1. Is it present on 4.2.18 (current one, not beta) ?
- Did you consider to fix it without changing the spread system ? I mean recoding it but keep as objective to have a random spray around the crosshair, as it is actually (without the 12% bug). Why didn't you got that direction ?

#159 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

View Postshoushou, on 20 February 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

- The "lucky shot" you define is wrote to be present in 4.1. Is it present on 4.2.18 (current one, not beta) ?

No its not because of the new hitmesh, wich is why animations had to be changed and all that drama.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#160 User is offline   shoushou Icon

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

So, this new aim system is just in order to change things, not to correct a bug. That's sad. It conforts me in my idea then :(

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942