• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror HD Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#12 User is offline   rayne2 Icon

• Account: rayne2

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Exactly Frankie, there's absolutely no bottom line to hide.

And yes Happy that is exactly what i wanted to hear. What I'd personally love to see is the finished sculpt of that wall.

Some update, no matter how small or irrelevant it may seem to you, is a nice thing to see.

#13 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostHappyday, on 09 March 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

For about 1-2 weeks now I've started creating high quality assets for the uptown version of HD.

this basically saved the day ..
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#14 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: p5yc0runn3r

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

I can tell you that I'm still drooling on stuff I've seen :wink:
dmaHD developer | engine developer | crazy person

#15 User is offline   saint Icon

•   community admin   
    www.urban-terror.fr
  • Account: saint
  • Main tag: pwnie.

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostHappyday, on 09 March 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

Like Frankie said, it's not like we're trying to hide something, We're just careful not to violate the non-disclosure agreement we signed. At some point there will be official announcements that answer your quesions. I don't think there's much I'm allowed to tell about the HD development but I can tell you what I've been up to the few months since I joined FS if that interests you:
First I've finished my map ut4_prominence that will be added to 4.2. That took me longer than I excpected. Aftwerwards I spend a lot of time learning the new tools needed to create urt HD maps and basically getting better at modeling and sculpting. For about 1-2 weeks now I've started creating high quality assets for the uptown version of HD. Yesterday I've sculpted a 12 million tris wall in blender to render a brick wall texture including diffuse, height and bump maps.

Is that the kind of thing you'd like to hear?

Yup. That could be kinda weird for you but this is exactly (well, on my personal opinion) what I want to read. I wanna see you guys communicating on what's going on regarding to your different projects. It seems a bit useless for you guys, and I can understand it, but it's really what people need. I don't really care if you are having difficulties on the new tools you use for Urban Terror HD, but at least, I know you're working on it, and it's comforting.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I wanna force you guys. But if everyone of you was communicating, at least once per week, it would entertain each player reading these forums. Barbatos did it quite well with his Twitter account. He doesn't have to respond to every tweet he receives, but at least, he gave informations on what he was working on.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#17 User is offline   sneakers Icon

• Account: sneakers

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

I'm concerned about how the physics and the 'feel' of the game will change when moving to a new engine. I'm used to the Quake 3 style physics and the feel of moving around, jumping, bunny hopping, etc. Will all of this change once a new engine is used?

#20 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:44 AM

What is important is that a good player now should still be in HD. If Markinho suddenly suck at jumping or i beat hemp in 1v1 than something is wrong.

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942