• You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror HD Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#21 User is offline   saint Icon

•   community admin   
    www.urban-terror.fr
  • Account: saint
  • Main tag: pwnie.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

Well, that's good to hear. Here are some questions that appeared on Urban Terror France, maybe you'll be allowed to respond (no problem if you cannot) :

- Which engine is it ?
- What are the benefits of this new engine ?
- What timeframe estimated ?
- Which direction FS shall take ? A more competitive game ? A mainstream game ? What are the objectives set to reach this direction ?

#22 User is offline   docDude Icon

• Account: docdude
  • Main tag: =jF=

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

Just don't use UE3 (or 4.. or anything Unreal-related xd) 8)
My ambition is handicapped by my laziness.

#24 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

A few months ago, BladeKiller said this about moving to a new engine. Not know if from one of these two engines is you chosen to continue with the UrT HD, but maybe. ... :ph34r: :rolleyes:

View PostBladeKiller, on 04 July 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

Rayne, the first answer in the UrT HD section explains that after over 2 years of promises from Steve Nix at id Software we did not get the things he promised like Linux and Mac support. The original contract was supposed to be a one time fee with no royalties but Zenimax added royalties and fees that we could not afford plus time restrictions and limits. We have lost all the work done on FStech1 and are now working on a new engine. We might use Ogre3d or Urho3d. We don't know for sure which yet but they are pretty similar for the artists to work with; both use mesh based geometry.

http://www.urbanterr...post__p__345230

Ogre3D game list: http://www.ogre3d.or...sing+OGRE#Games

I have not found any game list about Urho3d

This post has been edited by Drizzt: 10 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

#25 User is offline   rayne2 Icon

• Account: rayne2

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

Looks great IMO.

Have you tried using sculptris for sculpting walls? It's free and might work better with higher poly counts than blender, being software created with sculpting in mind.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#27 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:59 AM

You guys should contact |NV|S (Joe Mauke) he created ut_crenshaw and other assets previously for urbanterror, but he left due to the limitation of the engine. I think he would be a nice addition to the team if he's got the free time!

http://www.josephmau...olio/index.html

This post has been edited by Muffie: 11 March 2014 - 01:02 AM

.:| Win10 x64 | AMD R5 2600 | 16Gb G.Skill cL16@3ghz | ASUS STRIX Vega 64 |:.

#28 User is offline   lyurh Icon

• Account: lyurh
  • Main tag:

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

View PostHappyday, on 10 March 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

Here's a screenshot from inside blender: Posted Image
and the final render: Posted Image
The texture is not perfect, and it certainly doesn't fit uptown. I don't think I'll be using this particular one but since I have now set up the scene in blender it's fairly simple and quick for me to render all kinds of high resolution textures. I very much like this workflow. Sculpting is a lot of fun and it seems to be state of the art for current level artists to use very high poly models to render textures for their low poly models.
I've also done a quick test today to see how many polys I can work with on my pc. 50 million tris runs without problems, at 200 million the viewport gets laggy but drawing the brush strokes is still smooth. I don't think I will ever go that high but it's nice to know I could :P. At that many poly's the file sizes get huge. That brick wall file is 100 MB, the test scene with 200 million tris took a few minutes to save and is 1.5 GB. Sculpting seems to be very heavy on RAM and has almost no effect on GPU or CPU load. I guess if I ever want to go even higher I'll just double my RAM to 32 GB. Anyway, I hope someone finds this interesting :). I guess I could start my own thread and post stuff like this from time to time if people are interested.

Very Good.

I'm so excited for HD :p :p:p More, more, more ^^ Thanks You ^^

#29 User is offline   itx Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: itx

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

so you guys are working on exporting the work you had done in the old engine to the new engine, while others are dedicated to creating new things?

or simply you're still experimenting with the possibilities of the new engine?

I guess either way it will take many months to see something like a beta, so we must be patients and leave you work in peace.

This post has been edited by itx: 11 March 2014 - 12:10 PM

#30 User is offline   Fragtag Icon

• Account: fragtag

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

The game wont even be released until 2017 or so, so keep waiting guys its not coming any time soon....

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942