• Main tag: pwnie.

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

Really cool !

#102 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 19 March 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

Well Steam for 4.2 is not an option due to rather strict GPL licensing and asset copyright issues as to fair use that came along way before Steam was even introduced as an option. If Urban Terror had come along “after” Steam then it would be a completely different situation where the main obstacle now is trying to read between the lines so to speak as to what would be lawful.

Can you imagine you said it already few comments before in the same tread .
One would suggest that spam is atempt to insult me , which is not possible . On other hand you can bore me , which is not hard to achieve . Congratulations .

At the moment I can not say 100% for sure that Urban Terror HD will be on Steam but we have looked into it and Steam does “not” limit what the game developers can or can not do and some games even have their own game API that works in conjunction with steam so as far as player services goes as to the needs of our community it's a non-issue.

There were if I remembered correctly some changes to their license agreement . Probably they changed it , I remembered there was a petition . & terms of service are not constant , you should know . Just saying .
Anyway I am not that much concerned if it will be on Steam or not .

The fstech1 engine design more or less crashed and burned when terms and conditions where changed at the last moment. In hindsight as to what we want to achieve it was just another dead end but where it helped a lot was to develop all of the necessary content that is now the “property” of Frozen Sand.

It was said after that you (FrozenSand) will make engine from scratch & call it fstech1 too , which is really insane idea ( & Urban Terror Forever ) .

As for desperate measures that something that will not happen as we are not your typical AAA games development company where the value of the game is based on a ideals that best suits a commercial product. Frozen Sand is just a bunch of guys who love to work on this game and even if no one played it we would still be happy to continue to work on it just for the fun to be had.

Sounds nice when you said it . However those are but words .
& there is a certain inconsistency in your words ...

You also have said very recently :

View PostFrankie V, on 13 February 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

With all things being equal both the client and server are now better synced as to expectations of all FPS type games be it COD,CS or BF, that as new players to Urban Terror, and not new to FPS, would recognize instantly as a basic skill requirement.

View PostFrankie V, on 13 February 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

... the need is for a good first impression as to the expatiation as to what all FPS type games should offer as being standardized.

Does it need to be changed?

Well to keep the current players happy nothing needs to be changed at all but if the ideals as to increasing the number of players from our current player community can only be accomplished through action on our part then the first step is to introduce an acceptable expatiation that is not unique to Urban Terror, and is a requirement to relearn, that only continues to support a “learned” skill.

^BTW Because of that I blocked the ads ...
Just in case you decided to sell Urban Terror . & of course single person blocked the ads is nothing , but for me is a matter of principle .

Probably I shall stop reading anything else here besides the news titles .
& check what you did whatever it is whenever it get released .

#103 User is offline   lyurh Icon

• Account: lyurh
  • Main tag:

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

Just some questions. You keep Casa, ok. But, How many new map you create ? you will keep this theme of cities ?
Nevada is for HD ? Go will inspire you of some map (Abbey, Uptown, Austria) same as Turnpike/Nevada ?

(Sorry, my english is medium)

This post has been edited by lyurh: 23 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942