#11 User is offline   szejdi Icon

• Account: szejdi
  • Main tag:

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

Wow.

#12 User is offline   clickclick Icon

• Account: clickclick

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

Where can I find some information on this ban list?

I was recently wrongly banned for cheating and I'd hate to be added to this list when I don't deserve it.

Which ban lists are included on this official(?) ban list?

#13 User is offline   Freshh Icon

• Account: freshh
  • Main tag: Forge|

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

View Postclickclick, on 01 July 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Where can I find some information on this ban list?

I was recently wrongly banned for cheating and I'd hate to be added to this list when I don't deserve it.

on the 3rd and 4th page of news central are the banlists, but you aren't included. You were banned by a server admin, so you have to talk with him about your ban.

#14 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

View Postclickclick, on 01 July 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

The ones that are caught by the anticheat, which is built into the urban terror software and visible only to Frozen Sand. Bans from individual server admins are generally not as reliable and so not included.

#15 User is offline   niima Icon

• Account: niima
  • Main tag: `Lv.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

xesya and szejdi in the next banlist ? :<
MADCUZBADKRONOZ?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Russa Icon

• Account: russa
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

How long has it been since a ban list was release? Have they fixed the auth system so that it doesn't go down every night? It would be nice to turn the Auth on at the 6th floor. I just wondering what's holding up the show. I believe the last release was right before, "the one that shall not be named" stole the source code. 6th floor is ready and willing to ban anybody on those lists, including FragTag.

#17 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |PWNY|

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

Russa the bug that caused auth to go down every night has been fixed for a while now (iirc it was a cron job for doing database maintenance that caused the issue).

Unfortunately It wont matter if 6th floor use AUTH or not since they'll be forced to also accept non-authed users to join and in doing so undermines the very nature of using AUTH in the first place. The notoriety side of auth just doesn't work in practice, I know this because Lilpwny.com is very pro-notoriety minded group and in doing so leaves servers empty (just look at ~PRO~ Lilpwny.com CTF server).

So... AUTH enabled or disabled results in the same old manner of hosting UrT servers.

Cheaters still cheat. The only difference you'll see is that apart from clan members you'll see a handful of public users willing to use AUTH to indentify themselves.

Recently I have also discovered what *may* be a bug in the AUTH/BAN system too (if i am correct then its an extremely serious bug!) - I have reported it to Frozen Sands however as far as I know its still being looked into.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#19 User is offline   Russa Icon

• Account: russa
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

So no new list?
I just thought that using Auth would help keep the cheating to a minimum. I know cheaters are going to cheat and find ways around the auth system. The part of 4.2 that was cool was the update system. An update would screw the haxors and they'd go into the haxor forums and cry for a fix. Sorry Bladekiller, I don't mean any disrespect for your crew because they have been giving us a free cool game for years. I have to say this though, Urt is dying, the 6th floor has basically seen the demise of so many clans recently. Alpha, 1up (playing other games except Urt), .net, these are just recent urt clan's that have broken up. I'm not sure who's all working on the HD version but they better get going before the entire community is gone. The 6th Floor is currently one of the last remaining active competition clan's in North America. I think that speaks volumes. What I'm saying is, if FS is doing anything, they better do it quick. FS, thanks for so many years of free fun. This Frag's for you.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942