• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

steam achievements for Resurgence?

#33 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

I really hope urban terror is not going to have things you can buy only free content.

#34 User is offline   dynomite33 Icon

• Account: dynomite33
  • Main tag: [SQD]

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:46 AM

View Postkillspree, on 18 March 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

I really hope urban terror is not going to have things you can buy only free content.

+1

I would be fine with paying for UrT HD but for the love of god do not introduce micro-transactions and become a company like Valve that milks their games for all they're worth.

IGN : Ernst

Wo ist Schmidt?

#35 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:21 AM

I really hope FS won't be scared to sell cosmetics, since they give no advantage.

The players that complain about it only do so because they don't have the money to spend and are jealous, they would just have to suck it up and these players are the minority. Once HD hits steam, most players won't be against the sales of weapon skins.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:09 AM

No it has nothing to do with that at all.

Main concern is the focus of the dev team on the game and time they have to spend on it, if they start to think like a buisness it can take years before urban terror hd is released.

Selling assets for urban terror hd is already intergrated into unreal engine 4 with marketplace it can be implemented by the community for example on ccm so that the community can create extra assets. So anyone could for example make a asset map pack for mapping and sell it for 10 euro, IDK about gun skins or model skins I doubt FS will want them to be changed a lot.
Next time think before you speak because assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups.

This post has been edited by killspree: 19 March 2016 - 06:45 AM

#37 User is offline   gangofkittens Icon

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:13 AM

View Postkillspree, on 19 March 2016 - 06:09 AM, said:

No it has nothing to do with that at all.

Main concern is the focus of the dev team on the game and time they have to spend on it, if they start to think like a buisness it can take years before urban terror hd is released.

Selling assets for urban terror hd is already intergrated into unreal engine 4 with marketplace it can be implemented by the community for example on ccm so that the community can create extra assets. So anyone could for example make a asset map pack for mapping and sell it for 10 euro, IDK about gun skins or model skins I doubt FS will want them to be changed a lot.
Next time think before you speak because assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups.

How come will it delay the release of UrT HD? The skins can be introduced later in the next release, there's no problem with that.

I don't think you understand his thought, there are skins which are only viewable by you and skins that are viewable by everyone, like in CS:GO but I don't think custom skins are allowed there.

Gun skins and models that are forced to everyone like in CS:GO or if you take a look at aCen server have some disadvantages, like someone disliking them while they're being forced. But CS:GO can counter that with their big player-base. But again the fact that they're seen by everyone motivates people to buy them :biggrin: .

And if you allow the usage custom assets, by the community I don't think many people are going to purchase those by the dev team.
std::cout << "meow";

#38 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:11 PM

What I mean is the fact that it is hypocritical to say it's a free game and once you are inside the game all kinds of features or extras are paid for, also the buy to win thing that has become popular recently doesn't suit this game.

So right now FS is set up as a community based game tell me how it would not delay a release if they will turn it into a company with main goal to get as much money as possible?

They will need to reorganize everything if not start from scratch in order to go up against the big mainstream AAA developers.
I'm not saying it will not work or that it's bad and make the game worse all I'm saying is it might be more interesting to have it set up like Frankie v talked about with cmm to have the community make custom thing's that can be added by the player and is not something built into the game that has to be paid for.
Things like ace server you said that map tp is raped I don't like it's like leaving a pile of shit on someone's doorstep honestly it degrades the whole community that's why it should be done right and off course opinions are going to be divided and that's fine.

This post has been edited by killspree: 20 March 2016 - 06:22 PM

#39 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:22 PM

What I mean is the fact that it is hypocritical to say it's a free game and once you are inside the game all kinds of features or extras are paid for, also the buy to win thing that has become popular recently doesn't suit this game.

So right now FS is set up as a community based game tell me how it would not delay a release if they will turn it into a company with main goal to get as much money as possible?

They will need to reorganize everything if not start from scratch in order to go up against the big mainstream AAA developers.
I'm not saying it will not work or that it's bad and make the game worse all I'm saying is it might be more interesting to have it set up like Frankie v talked about with cmm to have the community make custom thing's that can be added by the player and is not something built into the game that has to be paid for.
Things like ace server you said that map tp is raped I don't like it's like leaving a pile of shit on someone's doorstep honestly it degrades the whole community that's why it should be done right and off course opinions are going to be divided and that's fine.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942