• You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror 4.3 Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#141 User is offline   sn4ke Icon

• Account: sn4ke
  • Main tag: [dt.*]

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:36 AM

View PostMr.Yeah, on 17 March 2015 - 01:05 PM, said:

This.

The new shaders messed up bad with my system and UrT just wouldn't start anymore.

Oh, yeah! That's true. But can we at least have in_rawmouse 1 and in_mouse 1 as default?
I guess both commands give more precision for aiming

#142 User is offline   Denny Icon

• Account: denny

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:46 AM

Everybody who keeps playing are waiting, and there are others waiting to play again. The number of playing is actually decreasing. Releasing 4.3 with a gameplay and one introduction for the game made by FS for the game to be launched would be a nice way to attract new players.

Everybody can contribute with what likes and also play the game!

Why not make a video and promote?
Why not call friends and play together?

My god, there are so many bad games with full servers and the good UrT with just a few players.
Help the game!

This post has been edited by Denny: 18 March 2015 - 02:04 AM

#143 User is offline   gang Icon

• Account: gang

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:08 PM

View PostDenny, on 18 March 2015 - 01:46 AM, said:

The number of playing is actually decreasing. Releasing 4.3 with a gameplay and one introduction for the game made by FS for the game to be launched would be a nice way to attract new players.

My god, there are so many bad games with full servers and the good UrT with just a few players.
Help the game!

Hi ! I played Urt for 3 years and if I can propose some ideas to improve it, to help it...
There are my ideas :

1st - A better friend management ?

actually, in 4.1/4.2... When you play with a player who is quite fun... you have to get his skype or facebook or... and it's quite difficulte do chat with him or to do a 1vs1...

So to fix it, why we can't just add players/friends directly from the game (with the tab list maybe) or from the main lobby (with a searching system for nick or id or login) in our "friend list" and then we can see which of them are online/offline + IG/in the lobby, AND we can chat with them (with a sorte of private message, private chat) or join them in their game/serveur... You see what I mean ? A better "Social Experiment"... !

2nd - More Customisation !

Everyone love to customise their character ! I know there're already some funstuff, but new players may not know this... ?
Funstuff are good but not enough ! We want more ! Like customisable skin (pants, shirts, hats, faces, tatoos, clan emblems...) !
I don't know if we could change our character colors because I think it will become unplayable...

But the most important : Some Camos for our Weapons ! Everyone like camos and want to be unique. So if we can customize the color of our weapon, it will be just amazing ! with premade camos or... we even can make our own camos (with a .pk3 file or something like this...)
But it would be best to change the colors of our weapons and characters manually ! Like there :

Posted Image

And other players can see it in game, and when they pick my gun, they will have my camo on it.
--> This would be AMAZING

View PostDenny, on 18 March 2015 - 01:46 AM, said:

Why not make a video and promote?

This is an Amazing Idea ! The first time you play the game, it will show you a tutorial video of jumping, a presentation of the menus (weapons, servers, options...) and of course you can skip that or replay it

I hope it would help a bit, cordially

This post has been edited by gang: 19 March 2015 - 01:41 AM

#144 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:56 PM

View Postgang, on 18 March 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

friends

customization

a friends list and more customization is already planned.

#145 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:17 AM

A friends list is not in our plans for the first 4.3 release. Nevertheless, the "Find a friend" function is there and could be improved into something similar to what you describe.
Concerning customization, I'm pretty sure we never talked about such a thing for 4.x versions recently. It is indeed something we are excited to have in HD but we shouldn't be heading that way for 4.3.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#146 User is offline   gang Icon

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:28 AM

View PostBiddle, on 19 March 2015 - 12:17 AM, said:

Nevertheless, the "Find a friend" function is there and could be improved into something similar to what you describe.

Yes I know it but... sometimes it doesn't work... When I want to do a 1vs1, I'm on a server with many many players (~ 10-20), so I leave, try to find an empty server on "Team Survival" and when I found one, I come back on the other server... he disappeared... And that s*** I don't have a private chate, then I can talk to him, because when he can't find the server, and "find a friend", by chance, does not work... It makes me crazy ><
I have forgotten a lot of good/fun players nick due to the lack of management... and I do written many many nicknames on papers and notebooks... (2 years ago) but I lost it...
So Even a simple "friend repertory/list/section" will be perfect

Posted Image
"echap" --> "friend" or just a simple "friend" bouton on the corner of the screen would be amazing.

View PostBiddle, on 19 March 2015 - 12:17 AM, said:

Concerning customization, I'm pretty sure we never talked about such a thing for 4.x versions recently. It is indeed something we are excited to have in HD but we shouldn't be heading that way for 4.3.

I really hope that will happen in HD !

Now let's talk a little bit about the game himself !

I play, most of the time, the Sniper Regmington Sr8 so after 3 years traning... I'm trying, sometimes, to do some trickshots or something like this (looks very cool) !
There is one thing missing... the jump shot : When I'm scoping and do a jump & shot at the same time, it will shot as a "noscope"...
Even when I'm in the air (after some walljumps) and I scope and shot right after that, it will also do a noscope so it break the style and my spree... and my ennemi humiliates me...

So I ask you, if it's possible to add the "sniper jump kill" like "Conter Strike" or "Call of Duty" beacuse with the other guns, it work perfectly... !

You see what I mean ?

One last thing !!
It would be also very nice if the bullets of the snipers (and why not others guns, exept HK grenade luncher) can pierce thin walls (like "Dust" doors or some doors)

best regards.

This post has been edited by gang: 19 March 2015 - 02:35 AM

#147 User is offline   Clear Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: clear
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:35 AM

View Postgang, on 19 March 2015 - 02:28 AM, said:

Yes I know it but... sometimes it doesn't work... When I want to do a 1vs1, I'm on a server with many many players (~ 10-20), so I leave, try to find an empty server on "Team Survival" and when I found one, I come back on the other server... he disappeared... And that s*** I don't have a private chate, then I can talk to him, because when he can't find the server, and "find a friend", by chance, does not work... It makes me crazy ><
I have forgotten a lot of good/fun players nick due to the lack of management... and I do written many many nicknames on papers and notebooks... (2 years ago) but I lost it...
So Even a simple "friend repertory/list/section" will be perfect

"echap" --> "friend" or just a simple "friend" bouton on the corner of the screen would be amazing.

I really hope that it will happen in HD !

Now let's the game
I play, most of the time, the Sniper Regmington Sr8 so I'm trying to do some trickshots or something like this !
There is 1 thing missing... the jump shot : When I'm scoping and do a jump & shot at the same time, it will shot as a "noscope"
even when I'm in the air (after some walljumps) and I scope and shot right after that, it will also do a noscope so it break the style and my spree...
So I ask you, if it's possible to add the "sniper jump kill" like "Conter Strike" or "Call of Duty"beacuse with the other guns, it work perfectly... !

You see what I mean ?

One last thing !!
It would be also great if the bullets can pierce thin walls (like "Dust" doors or some doors)

best regards.

Yeah, so all the friend stuff you want will be in HD because we'll be using the Steam API. That'll come with stuff like achievements, matchmaking, VAC, and Steam Cloud.

With respect to jump shots and noscopes, we have some stuff planned for 4.3 that I think you'll enjoy :wink:

Wallbanging is not something that's on the table right now.

#148 User is offline   gang Icon

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:44 AM

View PostClear, on 19 March 2015 - 02:35 AM, said:

Yeah, so all the friend stuff you want will be in HD because we'll be using the Steam API. That'll come with stuff like achievements, matchmaking, VAC, and Steam Cloud.

Achivements ! I was always dreaming about that !!

View PostClear, on 19 March 2015 - 02:35 AM, said:

With respect to jump shots and noscopes, we have some stuff planned for 4.3 that I think you'll enjoy :wink:

Amazing ! Thanks a lot ! I think I won't be the only one to be happy :laugh:

And what about a Machine Pistol as new weapon ? It can make very nice combo with some primaries !
Or even some akimbo guns, like dual-beretta or dual machine guns ?

This post has been edited by gang: 19 March 2015 - 03:03 AM

#149 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:05 AM

View Postgang, on 19 March 2015 - 02:44 AM, said:

And what about a Machine Pistol as new weapon ? It can make very nice combo with some primaries !
Or even some akimbo guns, like dual-beretta or dual machine guns ?

That gun wont make it into HD. actually, no real gun will make it into HD for copyright issues. There are some posts, i think somewhere in the UE4 section, about new custom made weapons. based on real guns of course, though.

akimbo... meh. dual pistols? maybe. but only for HD.

hmmmmm..... i just remeber a video i saw ages ago. maybe it was edited, but i think it was one from the old idtech based HD. or something similar. i dunno. so there might be a chance of a akimbo pistol making it into 4.3..... :wacko:

This post has been edited by Iye: 19 March 2015 - 11:07 AM

Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#150 User is offline   Denny Icon

• Account: denny

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

good ideas >> URT HD? its ok

but what can we do to version 4.3?
we can promote videos, tutorials, disclosure is not?

I'm not really happy with the scene of the game , is just few players.I will make possible to help.

we can all contribute in some way.

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942