• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror 4.3 Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#151 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:19 PM

View PostDenny, on 19 March 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

good ideas >> URT HD? its ok

but what can we do to version 4.3?
we can promote videos, tutorials, disclosure is not?

I'm not really happy with the scene of the game , is just few players.I will make possible to help.

we can all contribute in some way.

i guess every attempt to promote 4.3 will end in massive disappointment .. the prospect of urt hd simply makes urt hard to fall in love with for new players...

4.3 at best can help bringing back former urt players and those won't need tutorials and promo videos..

i'd say we stick to fs' approach and simply don't care for player numbers anymore.. that's the way to go for urt's id tech incarnation ..
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#152 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:58 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 19 March 2015 - 06:19 PM, said:

i'd say we stick to fs' approach and simply don't care for player numbers anymore.. that's the way to go for urt's id tech incarnation ..

If UrTHD maintains the 4.1 gameplay (+ improvements like more parkour mechanics) and looks visually appealing (think CS:GO) and is free. The game most likely will see a lot of players join.

It doesn't matter if the old school UrT players won't be there anymore, it won't hurt the skill growth. Experienced FPS players from other games like quake and cs and in general will try it out and some stay. As soon as a decent playerbase is established and with ranked, the skill growth will quickly improve. I believe we see xil level players within 4-5 months after ranked is introduced.

tl;dr the game can die. If UrTHD is good, new players will join anyways.

#153 User is offline   Denny Icon

• Account: denny

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:06 PM

yes I agree numbers are not qualities, better to have a few more that play and you like it, but if you come new players may be able to liking the game why not? For more than competitive as other ranking games are up there do not see why not bet on promoting videos, downloaded CROSSFIRE just to see and the game is ridiculous !!!

Can not be pessimistic have to try in every way, why not ??
Urban Terror is a whole context and much better than many games

sorry my bad english |google translation|

#154 User is offline   gang Icon

• Account: gang

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:10 PM

View PostDenny, on 19 March 2015 - 09:06 PM, said:

Urban Terror is a whole context and much better than many games

Totally agree with that. Urban Terror is almost Perfect, it's just missing some little things :

customisation :
- premade camos, selfmade camos or some unlockable camos (like make 300 kills with lr300, with the knife, with sr8...)
Posted Image
- Customisable sounds ? I always wanted to change the sound of the sr8
- Clan bagde/emblem ?
Posted Image
(The little Red thing)

communication :
- between players (the thing with friend/friend list)
- a regiolnal or home chat, everyone can speak on it, and private message (with my friend for exemple)

more weapons :
- Like some sub machine guns, more snipers, more primaries auto --> with specific stats (one is more accurate but less strengh or fast than others... the other one is more powerful but slower, one is very fast but less power...) you know what I mean ? more diversity
- A Throwing knife ? I know we can already throw some knifes (pressing "N") but it can replace a grenade and 1 shot or... idk... ? Some stick grenade, the flash one, but not as powerful as before

more game type :
- like Gun Game : you start with a pistol and each kill will change your weapon...
- a survival game type, with monsters or something like this (like zombie mod)
- domination ? 3 flags, you have to keep controling them
- Please a Sniper Only (sr8, and maybe some new snipers ?), without knifes, without a modded serveur (no fall damage, unlimited stamina, s*** like this) I know there are actually some servers for that... but it's not perfect, some of them are modded, and some of tem can allow knife... But the perfect one (not modded, no knife)... are empty... :ohmy:

Maybe all this stuff won't apprear on 4.3, but it's also applicable for UrT HD

This post has been edited by gang: 19 March 2015 - 10:31 PM

#155 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:09 AM

View PostDenny, on 19 March 2015 - 09:06 PM, said:

Can not be pessimistic have to try in every way, why not ??

Well, i've been around for quite some time and i have witnessed quite a few attempts to crank up the player numbers by making videos, etc. etc.

The big bang people were hoping for has never happened and it most proably won't, which does not really matter as Frederik has pointed out.

The question i'd be asking if was about to invest time in supporting urt would be: why beat a dead horse, when you could work on something (urt hd) that actually might have a future.

That being said i love clear for working on urt 4.3 (and whoever else is involved). I most probably won't make the jump to urt hd since my computer can't handle ue4 and i won't invest money just to play the game:). Make urt 4.3 the ultimate version!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#156 User is offline   shoushou Icon

• Account: shoushou

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

There is simply no way to promote a FPS game that is ugly (in terms of graphics), and UrT 4.x is with the modern standards. No matter how good the gameplay can be. Having decent graphics is a need.

#158 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:07 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 21 March 2015 - 09:03 PM, said:

Karl, you are mistakenly thinking that the editor is indicative of how a game in UE4 would run. The editor is a bear but the games made in it are not. That's the whole point of this engine.

you are right, that's what i thought: ).

my graphics card is weaker than the one required to run the editor, so i assumed my hardware isn't up for the challange. if what you are saying is true, well, then there is hope :).

any idea what the requirements for urt hd might look like or is this a too delicate question at the current time?

#160 User is offline   Denny Icon

• Account: denny

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:12 PM

Hello Guys

4.3 is about to be released?

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942