Urban Terror 4.3 Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#272 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:05 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 17 April 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

4.2 was developed from the 4.1 code base. It wasn't done from scratch.

FS has no intention to opensource 4.2 before or after HD is released.

From the point of view of community building, that's actually a good thing. I hope the development team has a focus on growing the community along side of developing a new version of UrT.

#273 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:07 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 17 April 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

FS has no intention to opensource 4.2 before or after HD is released.

I don't understand what are you afraid of.....but still, I didn't understand it back then, so w/e

#274 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:48 PM

View PostFenix, on 18 April 2016 - 05:07 PM, said:

I don't understand what are you afraid of.....but still, I didn't understand it back then, so w/e

One potential concern could be the fragmentation of the community. That or multiple clones being created, reducing the uniqueness of UrT. A group of other developers taking some of the movement logic and creating their own version of UrT?

#275 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:28 AM

View PostSolitary, on 18 April 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

One potential concern could be the fragmentation of the community. That or multiple clones being created, reducing the uniqueness of UrT. A group of other developers taking some of the movement logic and creating their own version of UrT?

Do you really believe that? So optimist! I think no one will give a shit about it and it will still be hard to find people that will contribute to the project.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#276 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:07 AM

this is interesting to watch ...

there was a glimpse of hesitant hope for a release of the code, when biddle and frankie were talking about it.

bladekiller takes the stage telling us fs will never release the code.

i am wondering how fs works as a team. did you take a vote on that or is bladekiller the boss around here, is she the biggest shareholer?

this leaves an odd impression. enlighten us, please.
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#277 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:51 AM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 19 April 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

this is interesting to watch ...

there was a glimpse of hesitant hope for a release of the code, when biddle and frankie were talking about it.

bladekiller takes the stage telling us fs will never release the code.

i am wondering how fs works as a team. did you take a vote on that or is bladekiller the boss around here, is she the biggest shareholer?

this leaves an odd impression. enlighten us, please.

Don't know right now, but back then when I was in FS I saw really bad stuff happening, like meetings to decide what to do with the code with 0 programmers attending such meetings (except me) and decisions being taken by content artist who do not even play their own game (sorry but it's true, and the sooner you realize this the better).....which is the main reason why I'm no longer part of the team.

Reading BK's post makes me think that things didn't change so much in the last few years.

Anyway, I was just trying to make a point by reopening this matter, but once again no real argumentation has been given, just a NO in pure FS style Posted Image

#278 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 19 April 2016 - 12:32 PM

View PostFenix, on 19 April 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

Don't know right now, but back then when I was in FS I saw really bad stuff happening, like meetings to decide what to do with the code with 0 programmers attending such meetings (except me) and decisions being taken by content artist who do not even play their own game (sorry but it's true, and the sooner you realize this the better).....which is the main reason why I'm no longer part of the team.

Reading BK's post makes me think that things didn't change so much in the last few years.

Anyway, I was just trying to make a point by reopening this matter, but once again no real argumentation has been given, just a NO in pure FS style Posted Image

hey, thanks for sharing your expierences :)
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#279 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

• Account: bluewormx

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:06 PM

I would like to see quake3 Urban terror live on indefinitely. As far as I can guess this is going to happen whether or no FS is onboard or not.

Regardless an open discussion should be had with the community as to its future. All the pros and cons should be laid out and debated.

Maybe if all else fails the best bet would be to fork openarena.

#280 User is offline   Senpo Icon

• Account: senpo

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:36 PM

getting real tired of the shit from the old members of FS that don't accually do anything other then dictate and bitch

I am sorry but if you go a find the code from when it was leaked its still at least 30% ID software code

the terms of the quake 3 arena licnese are very clear,if you use any of the Q3A mod/qvm code then you are required to abid by the terms and release source period no exemptions

bladekiller and certain other members have a history of inventing various excuses as to why they have not complied they have been proven liers in the past and are never to be trusted (don't take my word for it look it up check the web archive of this board and read though the staggering amount of bullshit)

they openly lied about having a license for the quake 3 engine,they openly lied about having a agreement with ID software as to the status of said licences ect ect
you don't need to take my or anybody elses word from for it go download the the 'leaked' source and read though it
when you abuse the licences you lose the right to tell others what they can do
legally speaking you are free to take the urt QVM decompile it and mod it to your hearts content FS has no case and they have no money to even take it to court and they know it

This post has been edited by Senpo: 19 April 2016 - 06:40 PM

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942