• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What happened... Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Fragtag Icon

• Account: fragtag

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:20 PM

We at 6th| are indeed still active, we are actually signing up for the UZ tourney as i speak.

#12 User is offline   tsunami Icon

• Account: tsunami
  • Main tag: hg`.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:39 AM

View PostAnonDafb, on 17 February 2015 - 11:13 PM, said:

Yes, will go to have changes and new things!
Urban Terror is not dead!, yes some communities leave from UrT, but no for the game I think!
I was of the Urban Terror Colombia member, and the all players now no have time for playing UrT because are working or studying...for the moment there a little selection from colombia for play the leagues...returning to the most important, yes the game will go to have some new changes like the UrT HD, Animations, Weapons, Maps and more...(you can see the proyect and videos about how it's the animation made by Frankie V).
The work is slow because it's not easy, that require time, if we wanna show to the all players a good game with new features for fun game.

I know that some people are still working on UrT and i don´t wanna offend them and i don´t say it is easy. I´m just posting my point of view as a long time player (i started UrT with 2.3 i guess). But if people compare the game nowadays with the game few years (or even more) ago the absolute majority has left (i speak mostly about Europe just to be clear). Even very old clans with very famous public servers have given up and closed their servers (Snipers Gaulois for example). If you are searching for CTF pubs with players on it you won´t find more then maybe 1-5 (even in the evening when in earlier days 20-30 servers were up and more than half of them were full and the rest halfway used). TS was always a bit more but the trend is the same. Clanbase has closed and even on urban-zone.org you can see that the league has far less teams than before.

Here you can see a statistic about urban-zone.org (posted last year: 21 (ctf) / 14 (ts)/ 6 (bomb) was the saison spring 2014, per year there are two saisons so you can count backward to get the exact year if needed (x-Achsis) [2010 was the time with the most teams]). That numbers were the number of teams subscribed to the league (y-Achsis)! The teams dropped out by inactivity or something else are not listed here (but they exist and it increases).

So there may be some other reasons too why people are quitting the game more and more over the years. But one reason is imo the really long time FS needs to do the stuff and update something and there is no advertisement for the game. Almost no new people join the game (or far far less than those who leave).
Let´s compare the work on UrT to one guy who has created a (huge and still premium) mod for Skyrim. Kris Takahashi had no clue about modding or working with the creation kit (modding tool from bethesda for Skyrim). He was a newbie when he started. His mod is Interesting NPCs. He started February 2012 and meanwhile the mod is way more than he wanted to do, famous and very liked by the community who uses mods for Skyrim. So what is my point? That guy alone has done way more in lesser time than several people working with or on UrT for several years.

As an oldtimer it´s sad for me to see that game disappearing in Europe. I liked it but if people can´t find some decent public servers anymore with some players on it or if people can hardly find a pcw on irc anymore i think it´s like "game over".

This post has been edited by HappyDay: 13 September 2016 - 04:58 PM

live.love.regret

#13 User is offline   moonq3 Icon

• Account: moonq3

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:01 AM

View PostAnonDafb, on 30 January 2015 - 08:32 AM, said:

Ok...first than all, we don't support more the UrT 4.1.
If you want download the UrT 4.2 go here ~> http://www.urbanterror.info/downloads/
And if you are using the 4.2, in the server list, appear the server than you want, sr8, ctf, jump, zombie, freeze, bomb and more, and the urt is not dead, you think that, but how you said before, you don't play since 5 year ago :/

^
This is why.

#15 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 18 February 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

tell me why you love this game?

May have said this before but, the movement and "feel" is why I love UrT.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

• Account: anondafb
  • Main tag: <

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:37 AM

It's exactly how Frankie says! And the UrT it's not dead and don't go to die!

#17 User is offline   Bavon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: bavon

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:53 PM

Urban Terror shouldn't die, awesome people don't quit!!! Also, it's fun to play and talk whilst fragging :D
I make songs about Urban Terror..... Bavons Youtube
https://bavon.org

#18 User is offline   ibrahim2712 Icon

• Account: ibrahim2712

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:01 AM

Why isn't there a steam page for UrT, it would definitely grow again if you guys manage to get it on steam. People on steam love playing any free FPS they can. And URT is a hell of a fun concept that I think alot of people would love if they knew about it.

I really hope you guys put it on steam. I really want this game to be as popular is it what back in 2009-2010 when there were so many full servers, it was really fun.

#19 User is offline   tintir Icon

• Account: tintir
  • Main tag: MsT*|

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:06 AM

View Postibrahim2712, on 25 February 2015 - 08:01 AM, said:

Why isn't there a steam page for UrT, it would definitely grow again if you guys manage to get it on steam. People on steam love playing any free FPS they can. And URT is a hell of a fun concept that I think alot of people would love if they knew about it.

I really hope you guys put it on steam. I really want this game to be as popular is it what back in 2009-2010 when there were so many full servers, it was really fun.

FS got copyright issues with 4.X versions, so they can't add them to Steam. Though UrT HD will be come to Steam, so just wait!

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942