• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Round Table questions #2

#21 User is offline   six6 Icon

• Account: six6
  • Main tag: =KRH=

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:47 PM

Well, I like the steam integration very much. It's always nice to be able to see when your friends are online in an easy way.

#22 User is offline   Clear Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: clear
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:13 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 25 February 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

Wow, this sucks. I have no interest whatsoever to have steam running on my machine. The nice thing about urt was the easy way in, not much to do, download and play.

Even the addition of the auth system did not change that much, hardly comparable to steam anyway...

I wish you'd stick to a more obstacle free approach

To be fair, for most people, Steam is the most obstacle free approach. It's very easy to press install, wait for the DL to finish, then press play.

#23 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:46 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 25 February 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

Urban Terror accounts will be linked to Steam accounts. We won't force you to have a Steam account but not having one will mean that features like matchmaking, achievements, friends system, etc. will be turned off in-game.

We plan to use the Valve AntiCheat (VAC) in Urban Terror HD for clients that have Steam activated. It means that if you are caught cheating by VAC, your Steam and UrT accounts will be permanently banned.

The UrTHD game updates will be handled automatically by Steam but we will continue distributing .zip files of the game on our website as well.

I like the integration with Steam, but if someone want to cheat on a public server, he only needs play without Steam? It's unfair, if Steam have a anti cheat, why not make mandatory play with Steam account?

#25 User is offline   six6 Icon

• Account: six6
  • Main tag: =KRH=

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:59 PM

Are there any ideas about general "official" servers or will there be community servers only?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   tintir Icon

• Account: tintir
  • Main tag: MsT*|

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:07 PM

Some more questions:
Will you make community maps, i.e making an official map with the communities ideas, like Dice is doing with Battlefield 4?
Will you make player skins special, i.e having logos, emblems etc. on your chest or other places. Some you can achieve via Steam, and making you looking unique?
How will the custom hair thing work?

#28 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:56 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 25 February 2015 - 09:37 PM, said:

You will want to play authed to increase your notoriety so you can get the custom hair, holsters, belts, boots, gloves, badges or whatever we make available. If you play with basic noriety you will only be able to use the basic gear. etc. We will be able to make one off player models not just different clothes on an existing one but you are going to have to earn something like this by winning a Knockout tourney or something. We shall see if we can do all the things we have on our wishlist. I hope we can because it will be a lot of fun for everyone.

lol .. for me urt hd is clearly headed into the wrong direction .. imo you are aiming for stuff the game does not need: useless make-up content, awards and achievments .. if i was mean, i'd claim you guys are blinded by ue4's light .. urt should be as pure as, i don't know, tetris or hotline miami (gameplay-wise)

from here it seems like you do what is offered instead of sticking to your own vision .. or at worst the average, mediocre, off the rack fps-game actually is something you'd call your vision for urt..

i guess i am more looking forward to 4.3 than to urt hd now..
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#29 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:00 AM

View PostBarbatos, on 25 February 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

It will be up to the servers admins to decide if they want to enforce the use of accounts on their servers or not.

That way everyone will be happy (I guess?). Non-authenticated people will be able to play on servers that do not enforce authentication and authenticated people will be able to play everywhere.

Well, right now (4.2) is like you say, but the problem (I think) it's about servers allowing people play with and without account at the same time.

Almost all servers use mixed mode, maybe that's why so many people playing without account.

View PostBladeKiller, on 25 February 2015 - 09:37 PM, said:

You will want to play authed to increase your notoriety so you can get the custom hair, holsters, belts, boots, gloves, badges or whatever we make available. If you play with basic noriety you will only be able to use the basic gear. etc. We will be able to make one off player models not just different clothes on an existing one but you are going to have to earn something like this by winning a Knockout tourney or something. We shall see if we can do all the things we have on our wishlist. I hope we can because it will be a lot of fun for everyone.

Perhaps this helps that people want to get an account to play. I hope so and that majority of the servers run with anticheat, but seeing the current situation where only people with account is under the gaze of anticheats :ph34r: :wink: , I foresee servers full of cheaters (more players, more cheaters, many) if the ways to enter a server, are like now.

set  auth_enable                                        "1"   // Set this to 0 to disable the authentication system (more informations on www urbanterror info)
set  auth_notoriety                                     "0"   // Minimum notoriety level to be able to connect to your server. 0 allows everyone to join

It's only my opinion, I don't know if someone more think like me on this thing :mellow: :mellow: :biggrin:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942