• You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on?

#131 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:58 PM

View Postti6, on 28 June 2015 - 05:55 PM, said:

Hi there,

pre-alpha work in progress. Would love to see another great map like orbital for urt hd. Still pretty unsure if this style would fit to urt, but time will show. I will work on it anyway. Sry for the sound, its pretty spooky.(:

http://youtu.be/VoGHFf4VBmk

Edit:

Well you dont see much of the map itself yet cauz i just focused on graphic and materials. If anybody is interested or want to give some advice... you are welcome. <3

This looks fantastic, some of the textures look too shiny imo, but i'd have to play it to get a full idea.
.:| Win10 x64 | AMD R5 2600 | 16Gb G.Skill cL16@3ghz | ASUS STRIX Vega 64 |:.

#132 User is offline   ti6 Icon

•   former FS member   
    2D Artist
  • Account: ti6
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:22 PM

Thank you guys for your response. I apologise for being late. It feels great to have a small discussion about the stylistic direction within urt hd.

View PostKroniK, on 29 June 2015 - 06:39 PM, said:

Are you planning on keeping the same layout or making a completely new map?

Thought about that, but actually i dont want to. What i want is to create a new level experience (nonetheless i hope there will be an orbital remake). I love the theme that orbital provides, so the question for me will be: What experience do i want the player to have and how can i capture that essence within the level. We will see (:

Some guys may remember my last unfinished map Monastery... never made it but i will give it another try some day. :D

View PostFrankie V, on 29 June 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

Nice stuff ti6 and until HD is what it is I would say what you have so far would be a fit.Most of the environment designs have always been 3rd party driven and up to the server operators to put the popular maps into their own server rotation so my guess it will become first come first severed (pun intended)

View PostZenity, on 29 June 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

Yeah if you ask me the style doesn't fit Urban Terror very much, but the out-of-place environments have always been part of the charm of the game so it's great to have them (as custom maps in any case).

I love this too. Diversity. Personally i played hundreds of hours on the simpsons server and other custom maps. For me it is importand, that the map is a well-designed and that it just feels right. Sometimes a map brings a story to life. Question is: will players be interested in a story? I just can image how urt hd will feel like gameplay-wise with those amazing 3d enviroments and those particle n' light-effects etc... I very much look forward to the outcome.

View PostMuffie, on 08 July 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

This looks fantastic, some of the textures look too shiny imo, but i'd have to play it to get a full idea.

Yea you are right, some textures look kinda wet. Will fix that.

There will be a huge update in the next 2 month, depending on how things are going.

Cheers,
ti

This post has been edited by ti6: 12 July 2015 - 01:35 AM

#133 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:12 AM

View Postti6, on 11 July 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

Some guys may remember my last unfinished map Monastery... never made it but i will give it another try some day. :D

I remember, it was looking really good.

#134 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:28 AM

Yo ti6 did you Ever get my version of monastery? Im currious of how you liked it :)
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#135 User is offline   zietsh Icon

• Account: zietsh
  • Main tag: [dswp]

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:35 PM

I was just playing around with some map designs and settings and wondered:
Could it be made possible to give us a/the skeleton that you are working with and giving a skin/body/gear with a map?
Or in general you would not chose the skin/gear all together only the color set. And the skin/gear itself would be forced upon the character, this could give mappers the possibility for a better immersion. When mapping you could set the flag somewhere for the skin/gear (if they are part of a official release) or deliver a custom skin with it.

The idea just popped into my head when I was working on a weird blade runner styled car design and thought wouldn't it be cool if we had a map stylized somewhat that way and the blues would be styled like police in minority report.

Or for that cool orbital preview: What if the two teams were dressed astronaut like?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#138 User is offline   zietsh Icon

• Account: zietsh
  • Main tag: [dswp]

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:34 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 20 July 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

Find some Zbrush experts who want to work for free and we can make lots of player models. This is what RabidCow and I are working with to make the player models.

I did not mean that you create 1000 different models for mappers. I meant that you give mappers the possibility to add custom models/skins/gear what ever you want to call it, to their map for immersion. And looking at 4.2s choosable skins I assumed there would be a similar number of skins and you could add a flag to your map somewhere forcing a certain skin to the players to fit the mood OR add your own, as said before.
And I don't think one would need Zbrush experts to add skins/models/gear to a map. I think people would do just fine with blender, I would not see myself spending 700€ just to make a model for a custom map. But given a skeleton and/or base models to work with I can see people making custom models/skins/gear for their map.
Jumpmaps could just put some fancy shoes onto the models on their maps.

(To clarify with gear I mean things like helmet/kevlar/clothing design anything on the body, where you could easily give us dimensions to work with I assume.)

From what I understand from Zenity you already have some kind of new customization ability coming - so yeah ok. Then this might be uncalled for.
Giving the mapper the ability to set gradients would be a somewhat good alternative. This does add allot of atmosphere/immersion.

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook
Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942