• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Post your cool stuff ideas here.

#53 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:10 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 24 October 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

Ironsights wise Urban Terror is a run and gun so there will be no typical slow to a walk to get a lesser movement penalty than there is now but as a purely cosmetic feature the code is already in the engine and just needs the adjusted aiming animations to wire it in.

If the code for cosmetic is easy (small fov decrease, sensitivity decrease and raise/center gun), then it could be an alternative for ut_zoomin / ut_zoomreset key binds when using non-scoped guns. Just a placebo for focussing attention in a distant aim and to fill the use of a bind when non using scopes, but without other advantages.

#54 User is offline   botbot Icon

• Account: botbot

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:16 AM

I'd like the idea of achievements that reward you for playing more and increasing your skill level. Maybe different types of funstuff could become accessible as you level up in notoriety. Or maybe compile stats from your gameplay, for example if you make 100 headshots you can access the pink pimp hat, or whatever.

#55 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:26 AM

No, absolutely not. I detest the idea of iron-sights being in this game. Even if its purely cosmetic it would still impact the gameplay. people would opt for walking around iron-sighted in place of shooting people at high speeds while bunny hopping and strafe jumping. It would change the face of urban terror. I'm so tired of random call of dookie kids coming into urban terror and suggesting iron sights and other things from COD.

please just stop with the iron-sight request, they don't belong in UrT.

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   Sadsfae Icon

• Account: sadsfae

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:07 AM

View PostIye, on 23 October 2015 - 03:39 PM, said:

i remember that script. :)
but yeah. ironsights probably would not have any benefit then. maybe a small zoom factor with therefor slightly reduced FoV...

No real added benefit just a slight zoom factor like you said, perhaps it stabilizes recoil slightly.

#57 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:53 PM

I personally do not see a need for ironsights in UrT, aka. no reason why/how they would directly improve the game.
Also if ironsights were added they should be a purely cosmetic/something that could be done with ingame scripting as well.
(aka decrese the fov to a level that could be set in the menus)
Spoiler

Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#58 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

• Account: redsnappa

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:27 AM

Allow players to go prone, but only for the purpose of belly-crawling through tight spaces. No weapons use while prone.

#59 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:06 PM

View Postredsnappa, on 09 November 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

Allow players to go prone, but only for the purpose of belly-crawling through tight spaces. No weapons use while prone.

This might actually be interesting. Even more so from a mappers point of view. which im just gonna assume you had :)
You could add routes that either require a risk, or a teammate covering you. hmmmm :)

This post has been edited by Iye: 09 November 2015 - 04:08 PM

Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#60 User is offline   oddcam Icon

• Account: oddcam

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:14 PM

How about a 4.1 style Freeze Mode? That was a really fun mode with a large community that died out when 4.2's Freeze Mode turned out to be bad.
Some of the reasons 4.1 Freeze was successful while 4.2 was not:

-Frozen players could choose to spec living teammates or look around with their frozen body. They could also crouch, which allowed for frozen to tactically drop down when needed.

-Instead of turning into a block of ice, their arms went straight up in a comical fashion (it's funny). Combined with the ability to turn and look up and down, this allowed frozen players to point their teammates towards enemies or other things.

-The ability to move the frozen by kicking them, and also shooting them. This allowed teammates to push their frozen behind cover to thaw, or for enemies to round up the frozen together (which was both an advantage and potential disaster if one thaws).

-The thawing time was faster, which matched well with URT's fast pace. Thawing in 4.2 was a fool's errand. Especially considering...

-If you thawed someone halfway in 4.1, they retained the health given to them rather than resetting to 0% everytime thaw is interrupted. In 4.2, the thaw progress meter was separate from the health level of the frozen, while in 4.1, thawing restored their health until 100% upon which they became unfrozen.

There are probably a few other points I'm missing and I'll add if I can remember. Did anyone else here play C9 Freeze Mode in 4.1, who knows what I'm talking about?

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942