Well done, good job!

#22 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:06 PM

View PostSTE4LER, on 19 September 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

Some things I noticed :
- The 44. Magnum is better than the Benelli on all ranges. * problem
- The 44. Magnum unbalances the game by its damages in arms, legs, groin, butt, kevlar, torso. *** problem
- The new gear selection menu is not as good as the old one : you can't scroll through a "SELECTED" item, it takes quite time to select a new gear, imho the old one was way better. *** problem
- The 3D characted is available in the gear selection menu, not in the characted selection menu. Not even a problem.
- The minimap shows the other players locations when you are dead in Gun Game. * problem

Nice job on console, FR-F1, Benelli, P90, and the other cvars. I'm just afraid by the points I mentioned which makes UrT unbalanced and uncomfortable to play.

Not sure how much time you had with the magnum, but it is pretty darn hard to hit anyone with that thing. I played using only the magnum with 6-8 people on CTF for a bit and It was really difficult to use even at close range. The Benelli was a bit easier to use and I was better at making long range hits with it than close range hits.

I didn't see that either weapon unbalanced the game much. The 44. Magnum hits harder than a deagle but you cant spam it and its difficult to get good hits with it, so it all kinda balances out.

#24 User is offline   Pilou42 Icon

• Account: pilou42

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:38 PM

I had 20 fps on Turnpike with default client, on Gun Mode server.
Is it possible to compile a build with Mitsu/Root's modifications ?

#25 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:50 PM

its probably a bug with the gungame mode. github ticket
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   ste4Ler Icon

• Account: ste4ler
  • Main tag:

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:01 PM

View PostKroniK, on 19 September 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

Not sure how much time you had with the magnum, but it is pretty darn hard to hit anyone with that thing. I played using only the magnum with 6-8 people on CTF for a bit and It was really difficult to use even at close range. The Benelli was a bit easier to use and I was better at making long range hits with it than close range hits.

I didn't see that either weapon unbalanced the game much. The 44. Magnum hits harder than a deagle but you cant spam it and its difficult to get good hits with it, so it all kinda balances out.

Played 4 games had 60% accuracy and my opps agreed it was too op.
Numerous league players will master Magnum and that will unbalance the league games. Kevlar, Torso, Legs and Arms hits are just overpowered. Good balance would be same damages than DE + the 100% Helmet in my honest opinion.

P.S.: About the menu, maybe a cvar to switch menus ?

#27 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:23 PM

View PostSTE4LER, on 19 September 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

Played 4 games had 60% accuracy and my opps agreed it was too op.
Numerous league players will master Magnum and that will unbalance the league games. Kevlar, Torso, Legs and Arms hits are just overpowered. Good balance would be same damages than DE + the 100% Helmet in my honest opinion.

P.S.: About the menu, maybe a cvar to switch menus ?

Main questions: Does it unbalance it enough that league players would use a magnum instead of an auto? In what situations would you see that league play would be worse? Currently the UrT meta favors the LR/M4 with a Deagle, how much would it change if the meta shifted over to LR/M4 with a Magnum instead?

I'm honestly curious how you think this would affect CTF or TS gameplay. IMO with the firing rate that thing has, someone with a Deagle or an LR can kill a guy with a magnum before he gets the second shot off.

#28 User is offline   dynomite33 Icon

• Account: dynomite33
  • Main tag: [SQD]

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:16 AM

View PostKroniK, on 19 September 2015 - 09:23 PM, said:

Main questions: Does it unbalance it enough that league players would use a magnum instead of an auto? In what situations would you see that league play would be worse? Currently the UrT meta favors the LR/M4 with a Deagle, how much would it change if the meta shifted over to LR/M4 with a Magnum instead?

I'm honestly curious how you think this would affect CTF or TS gameplay. IMO with the firing rate that thing has, someone with a Deagle or an LR can kill a guy with a magnum before he gets the second shot off.

It won't change, the Magnum is way too inconsistent and the recoil is far too harsh to become a popular weapon.
IGN : Ernst

Wo ist Schmidt?

#29 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:21 PM

View PostKroniK, on 19 September 2015 - 09:23 PM, said:

Spoiler

Why don't you just do a Deagle VS Magnum server and see the results?

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#30 User is offline   ste4Ler Icon

• Account: ste4ler
  • Main tag:

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:45 PM

@KroniK : As you righly wrote, you need more time to kill with a 44. Magnum that with a LR-300 or even a Desert Eagle. Let me explain you how, in my opinion, the 44. Magnum damages will unbalance TS and CTF league games. Consider that the first shoot is 100% accurate. About Team Survivor, if you don't have a medkit, you can heal your mates up to 50 hp. A single hit with 44. Magnum will be enough to kill a 50 hp player where ever you hit him (he'll die or bleed then die) while on 4.1 you had to look for the Helmet to kill him in a single hit. About 90 hp or 100 hp players, the 44. Magnum first shoot which is 100% accurate could be used so your opps are only around 40 or 30 hp (if your opp was 90 hp, 1 Kevlar with 44. Magnum + 1 Kevlar with LR-300 will kill him). Once they are low, the automatics would finish them easily : you have to understand that ClanWars are not as fast as you can imagine, we have time to wait for the recoil to disappear before we show up an other once. And in the worst of the cases, if your opps are rushing you while you have 44. Magnum, you can still shoot the Magnum first bullet them drop it and shoot right after with an automatic, if you hited him with Magnum, he'll be low, if you didn't that doesn't really matter (it's like when you get rushed with HE in your hands or while you are medicing up someone). About Capture The Flag, just hit once an attacker in the Torso (many attackers don't wear a Kevlar) and he'll be useless, as I said in TS, if you missed (or not) that first shoot : pick LR-300 and that's all. It's worth it to try to get the first hit with Magnum what ever the situation is. Capture The Flag ClanWars will be slowed down for sure : attackers will have to prevent themselves from the Magnum 90% Torso hit with a Kevlar and so will miss Stamina : but even with a Kevlar a 50-60% damages hit will stop them ! Try to picture yourselves all the past greatest UrT CTF matches with such a weapon in the defenders' hand : Capture The Flag would have been pointless. Still about CTF in leagues, teamkilling a mate will become so easy, just hit him anywhere with the first 100% accurate bullet and he'll respawn if he was 50 hp or lower, while we have to aim for the head when the timings are short on 4.2.

To conclude I agree that shooting a whole clip with Magnum is useless. But, because its first shoot is as accurate as any automatics or pistols first shoot AND because it has such massive damages it would unbalance the game. Leagues will feel like instagib with that Magnum which first shoot could be used as many times as you have bullets left. I hope you now all understand.

P.S.: If the 44 Magnum first shoot would be 80 or 90% accurate that wouldn't change anything imo.

I would ask for the same kind of damages (a little more) that the Desert Eagle BUT the 100% Helmet shoot to make it balanced.

EDIT : Magnum is, at the moment, only balanced in Gun Game or any game mode you can't switch weapons (ex : pistol only).

This post has been edited by STE4LER: 20 September 2015 - 02:47 PM

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942