Urban Terror Forums: change seta cg_viewsize "270" - possible ? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

change seta cg_viewsize "270" - possible ? Rate Topic: -----

Win8.1 use Sourround Displays 3 (5760 * 1080)

#11 User is offline   Thomas1965 Icon

• Account: thomas1965

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:52 AM

View PostBiddle, on 21 September 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

I'm not seing the feature is not interesting. And you're not the first lot of people asking for a larger FOV, a lot of the Quake players have been pinching us a lot for that feature. Even Nounou in our dev team dreams of it ! As you can see if you try a larger FOV with a demo, the arms and some weapons were only textured for a FOV up to about 115. So allowing players have a wider FOV would also require to rework the player and weapon models and maybe even the animations.
It's not something impossible to do, but at FS, our artists work exclusively on UrT HD nowadays.

You could always try to send Frankie some cookies, you never know.

Thanks QA, knows as Ninja

so we see this thing is looked about by the team. Gives hope

I am playing with 5760 * 1080 so fov of 110 makes too much stretched, but possible to game, and nice to have the both side monitors for the side-view. In beginning a bit strange ... at all.

Another solution I want to try
* make the Resolution of game about 3840 * 1080, where 960 pixel should be on half on the left and right monitor, letting free outside another 480 Pix out free / empty.
* take the screens 90 degrees changed (letter) so getting high 1920 and wide then 3240, what should make the view more normal scaled but using the large screen.

But whatever, with the big problem of lag, means ping starting looking servers with 150 to 700 ms, and getting much bigger during gaming up to most 500 (started at 200 ms server), and 999 at servers start beginning with 350 up, makes no sence to spend so much time in the project yet.

I am in Thailand, and today I had first time since 2 weeks good game on Japan Lily Server, with an Japanese and Australian, but too less people around here.

I am looking for that problem most of day and time.

Thanks for your upper response !

This post has been edited by Thomas1965: 21 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

#13 User is offline   Thomas1965 Icon

• Account: thomas1965

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:26 AM

Last two night I remember that post/thread and thought about it.

So I sat in front of my 3 Monitor Screen, took my arms to the left and right border of my wide screen, and ...

In that distance I am sitting, the monitors are like a not fully 90 Degree view in natural. My arms are still not over a 90 Degree rectangle, so using fov of 110 is even ok, compare to a real live view.

And I see no bigger afford to find solutions,
ok, i got faster ping now with windows, and really less ic,
but servers closed to me are empty, even see 345-357 of them, but more than 300 ms start is not worth to try,
gamers also from Thailand not very responding,

so I see to get to another game, more active people near me, and here just for some fun hour ... that's it.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942