• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dead or Alive? Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:31 AM

Mayor mistake asking the competition side what they need, the real vibe of urban terror is really in the public side and the competitive side was only popular thanks to the success of the public side of urban terror.

I know I'm being rude again but really there was not very much wrong with 4.1 and if the main goal of FS is to become BIG in the competitive side again they should perhaps ask the communities that host trusted well know public server´s who are mostly the only thing still keeping urban terror alive.

I´m talking about everybody who spends much time and effort without having anything in return like FS is also clan´s like Golden helmet´s and the urban terror france community Boob´s Clan Krh Clan UrtEast Sexy´s Goreclan I can go on and perhaps some are not active anymore but without any of those there would not be any competition at all.
(All clans and community's I myself look up to respect and really see as a role model on how to have a good clan & active community base)
Urt HD will be a Hit when it will have cool smooth and stylish animations for crouch jumping and running.
Also other things are important like the sounds and gun and bullet animations.
It will be a first impressions matter!
You guy's just have to knock our socks off and willing to fly around like a rocketship!

Greetz,

This post has been edited by killspree: 16 November 2015 - 07:44 AM

#43 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:25 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 16 November 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

Well as far as I can see FS's mandated is to keep the game going/working another year in the face of obsolesces by design. 4.2 became a bigger project because 4.1 was fundamentally broken in critical areas and I/we figure that some still prefer 4.1 because they had adjusted and learned how to play around the bugs.

As a requirement of course is to have a complete package that would be attractive to new players to play a run and gun shooter that they would at the base level be familiar with but the collision mesh being used in 4.1 is broken and the torso part of the HM had exploded.

To tell the story I was ask to audit the player models, animations, and test the current condition of a very important part/requirement of the game which is the collision mesh which is not rendered and have no clue as to it's current state. The first feature request I made was the ability to render the collision mesh and animations so I could see what was happening and found that the torso looked something like this.

http://4.bp.blogspot...ffer_fish_5.jpg

But worst.

When and how this had occurred no one knows but could not be left in this condition as part of the 4.2 update which was “suppose” to be a simple bug fix release.

This as a problem created a ripple effect into other areas such as the first hit rule which the first shot fired would be 100% bound to the trace but Don Don being so kind did a test showing and demonstrating what he though as a problem with the 100% rule that a hit at distant would only occurred about 85% of the time.

In a way it was true that the 100% rule was broken but was not caused by a broken function but a broken hitmesh where the shots not being counted were passing through the HM with out even registering that a hit event had occurred. I assume that this is what is meant by bad hits.

The collision mesh is also on another channel so when warping occurs, where you can see your 3rd person in two places at the same time. This is a hiccup in the prediction code and when it kicks in there is no way to know where the collision mesh had landed up.

Granted some of the older players still prefer 4.1 as they had learned to take advantage using firing techniques, which is OK with us as long as they are playing Urban Terror, but 4.2 is a superior version for those new to the game who do not need to relearn how to aim and shoot.

By the way on a devmap you can render the hitmesh with I believe r_debugaries 1

Overall though I do agree there is nothing wrong with the game as it is now and if it does not need fixing leave it alone but what was fixed had to be fixed

Agree totally frankie

The main thing was/is when 4.2 released and 20 guy's in 4.1 are playing and one installed 4.2 and came back in 4.1 server and everybody say how was it and he say SHIT.
9 out of 10 ppl will not even try it or will come to the same conclusion when he does.

It is nice for serious competition players to not unhit so much yes!
And if you look past the lesser animations it has become a better game but the first impression on the first 4,2 release was soo bad it went downhill from there.
So when releasing HD make sure the first impression will be woow so nice and your game will succeed.
(and try not to let it be tested by to much ppl who just want to kiss ass and not keep it real with you guy's!

Greetsz,

This post has been edited by killspree: 16 November 2015 - 06:21 PM

#45 User is offline   illmatic Icon

• Account: illmatic

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:26 AM

Been a while... going to test this out at the latest version one of these days!

Well done FS honestly it's a miracle and owing only to your dedication there is any development at all going on with this lovable old game. Like, I'm 31 with two children and I first started playing this when I was 16, and it's still around. Same goes for the community keeping Myth II alive (http://gateofstorms.net/). Holy shit, I guess I had good taste in playing these games back then! :rolleyes:
[ a.k.a. Samalander, themudman, acrm ]

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   illmatic Icon

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:57 AM

Whoops.

On OSX 10.11.1, a fresh download installed using the downloader opens, turns the screen black, then quits.

Any way around this?

#47 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:28 PM

simply dont use the updater.
there is a full download available, and you basically only need the updater once an update is released.
and i suppose that with 4.3 there will a new version of it anyways, soo.....
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#48 User is offline   illmatic Icon

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:17 PM

Same issue with the full download :(

#49 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:09 AM

hm. there might be a qconsole.log in either your game or your home folder.
if i had to guess i would say that some video settings (maybe res + fullscreen) cause this :)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942