• You cannot reply to this topic

Why isnt auth forced. Rate Topic: -----

UrT Online

#1 User is offline   BorderFox Icon

• Account: borderfox

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:42 PM

Hi all.

Why isn't auth forced on servers?

Wondering what the point of registrating was for?

This post has been edited by BorderFox: 07 December 2015 - 11:58 PM

BorderFox

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:16 AM

auth isnt forced because server admins decided not to.

to me it always was a rather important part of UrT that anyone could play, without an account, or whatever (also with every item available). Hell. everyone could setup a server at any time.

Auth now was the idea to get UrT to that "next level", where you wouldnt have to guess the other guys identity by his name (ik qkeys do exist). And it works. if someone is authed you can be rather who he is. Though auth development basically halted, i currently dont think that, or auth not being forced (by default, or the lack to set it) is a too bad thing. Sure i would like to "show of my notoriety", but hey. b3 tells me everyday that i play this game way too much. Dont need another system to remind me of that.

Because to be honest: what would it change?
New players would be forced to create an account. And that would do what? at the best stop a rather small amout of them from trying out UrT. (Which is a bad thing ;) )
and after all, your account was create before auth even was a thing. Which leads us to the thing your account here gives you:
access to this community/forums.

And after all, the website actually states that you dont need an account to play. And i personally would like that (both the official statement, and the fact) to stay, even in HD. I could understand the usage of things like Steam integration for friends list, achievements, and so on, but i would love to see the game being playable without steam/auth/whatever (assuming the server isnt set differently)

well. there you go. my 2 cents. :)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   BorderFox Icon

• Account: borderfox

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for your reply Iye.

Still wondering about the skill level of some players with no auth in server. Maybe a question for FS, is anti-cheat still active and does it only work when players are authed - because it's becoming a joke on current servers.

PS to Iye: Auth is not b3 and was never meant to be.

This post has been edited by BorderFox: 08 December 2015 - 05:38 PM

BorderFox

#4 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:34 PM

Auth is not b3 and was never meant to be.

Sure. Though it will get pretty close to that with some of the announced 4.3 features :) (aka allowing authed refs/admins to execute commands from chat,..)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942