Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Gameplay Feature Idea] Ledge Hang

#1 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:07 AM

So we all know and love the UrT ledge grab and ledge climb, however currently there is no way to simply let your player hang from a ledge and then choose when to climb said ledge. I think it would be a nice addition to the game to allow a player to hang from a given ledge and possible move along a ledge they are hanging from.

Now this kind of addition would end up ruining a few jump maps that focus on ledge climbing and require the player to do those ledge climb jumps or ledge climb drops to move laterally on ledges. While this would end up negating some of that, I think some really cool possibilities could come up from allowing a player to hang from a ledge, and then possibly move side to side on said ledge.

This sort of ledge hang should not change the standard gameplay much as it makes you a sitting duck, and you would have to actually climb up on the ledge to use your weapon. Also, I think it would be kinda fun to force the player to fall if they were shot while hanging from a ledge, and maybe even if they are shot part way through climbing on the ledge.

Anyway, I think the ledge mechanics could be a place to expand the features a bit. At the moment I can't really think of any super innovative ways to use this in jump maps, but I feel like this could open up some cool options even if I cant think of them at the moment.

#3 User is offline   Twofortheseven Icon

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:35 PM

Just another idea I think would be cool to add onto this topic: While you are on ledges you can shoot with only your pistol and it would be blankfire.(no aiming) Though I don't picture UrbanTerror to be the type of game to add these type of features in, it would definitely be cool to see them in the game. I just don't see UT to be the type of game with those ideas, it doesn't suit it. :biggrin:

Happy new year!

This post has been edited by Twofortheseven: 01 January 2016 - 05:44 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:42 PM

View PostZenity, on 01 January 2016 - 07:53 PM, said:

I'd rather make ledge climbing in general a faster process.

To me, Urban Terror is about constantly staying in moving. Think parkour, not rock climbing.
Zenity is removing stamina confirmed.
but it would be nice to as your about to grab to press <key> and do an action that consumes stamina (jumping, crouching etc), which would allow you to pass the object while maintaining momentum.
Obviously normal grabbing will still be situationally useful in a lot of cases.

#8 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:36 PM

View PostZenity, on 02 January 2016 - 09:22 PM, said:

hat's the general idea though: Press a key and consume stamina for a speed bonus / lack of slow down.

and just one way normal grabbing is still useful.
Stamina is at 20% once you grab, you do this action to keep momentum. but since you were so low before the grab, it makes you run out of stamina so you won't get to keep momentum anyways and have to rest 2-3 seconds.
While if you grab normally, you still have stamina and can simply do a jump and powerslide to cover more distance.

In UrT you really have to think "If I use this much stamina from point A to B, will I have enough from point B to C?"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942