• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror and popularity Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   hydr0 Icon

• Account: hydr0

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:57 PM

View PostKroniK, on 05 July 2016 - 05:33 PM, said:

Not sure what you are talking about. Uptown was the only map that got updated with 4.2. Both turnpike and casa are exactly the same and were never touched.

You know what I might've been referring to the lighting of the player models.

The player models looks lighter, choppier and cheaper. I don't like it

This post has been edited by hydr0: 05 July 2016 - 11:06 PM

#32 User is offline   hydr0 Icon

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:14 PM

View PostIye, on 05 July 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

Weren't those changes to uptown 4.1.1? But yes, i dont think anything has changed on those maps whatsoever.

This was my mistake, it was the player models that looks lighter and cheaper. It made the entire map look different.

I, for myself, dont really have had problems like you describe here.

It's absolutely true that it's harder to tell that your opponent has looked at you and noticed your presence in 4.2 vs 4.1.

While agree that those new hitzones werent a good thing in general, and even with the current RC4 changes, some dmg balancing might at least need a reconsideration (not saying that i would vote for big changes), i doubt that the addition of new hitzones has really decreased the "popularity" of UrT.
After all, if you were "pro" before, the addition of new hitzones isnt really going to affect you and likewise if you were just a "casual" player.

It's one of the many cons of 4.2, this alone didn't make 4.2 worse than 4.1. This was just one of many.

The hits will affect all players from pros to casuals. The higher damage input in groin and butt shots just creates random and luck shots. Nobody goes around aiming for someones groin or butt for a quick kill. (It is always the head)

#34 User is offline   hydr0 Icon

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:05 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 06 July 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

The new hit zones were added because people didn't like the lower torso counting as legs. People were complaining so we added the lower torso as a separate hit zone. The damage values can be set to the same as the torso and then it will be the same as in 4.1 except you have feet in 4.1. Our players used to like a variety in the values of these hit zones (and more of them) so we thought people would still like it. We used to have waist, neck, and internal organs like lungs many years ago. Some of these were very small and hard to hit and the old crowd liked that but the new doesn't. I think the fewer hit zones is pretty boring...

Who are these people who enjoys these new hit zones?

I have yet to see 1 person from the community who actively plays this game who enjoys groin and butt shots. These new hit zones just lowers the skill ceiling awarding everyone with high damage luck shots that were never intended to land to begin with.

Also I wish if Frankie can somehow adjust the animation in 4.2 where it makes the players easier to see if your opponent is actually looking at you. In 4.1 I can easily ignore and run by enemies knowing that they haven't noticed my presence, this is much harder or damn near impossible in 4.2.

#36 User is offline   hydr0 Icon

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:58 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 06 July 2016 - 10:42 PM, said:

People don't general argue "It taste great/It's less filling" and people generally complain the loudest as compared to those that don't have an opinion one way or another. Most of the comments though come during QA testing.

Well you don't hear the complaints because 90% of the player-base quit the game after 4.1 was shutdown. I never spoke on these complaints at the time because I figured it would be better if I complained less and wait for the HD to come out but few years has passed already.

This is seeing the tree for the forest as the addition of the hit zones was added due to the change of the collision mesh design to extend the torso hits to just below the belt line of the segmented MD3 model as compared to the single mesh design in 4.1.

The design change had to be made for a number of different reasons but the number one reason was a flaw caused in the original design that would "not" detect that a collision had occurred 15% of the time creating an unintended artificial specification. The skill level changed because once fixed the number of hits, and being hit, increased by the missing 15%.

Don Don was kind enough do do up a test video that clearly showed the problem when the complaint was that the 100% first hit rule was only occurring 85% when in fact that it was 100% but was not detecting a collision 15% of the time.

I wasn't talking about this. I was implying that these groin and butt shots shouldn't do more damages than torso shots with a kevlar on.

First person to shoot away almost always wins now even if you aren't the sharpest shooter. In 4.1 you can rush across map and still outgun your noob opponents who spotted you first.

It indirectly lowered the skill ceiling of the game. Anyone can kill each other now.

This is the first time I've even heard of this as an issue but as far as I know has nothing to do with the animations. Can you provided a video comparison between the two?

I will get back with you on this.

#38 User is offline   hydr0 Icon

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:21 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 06 July 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

4.1 servers were excluded from our master server but server operators wishing to continue to support 4.1 are more than welcome and more than free to make use of the Q3 master server. It's a quick 123 config change to point to the Q3 master server and FS gave months notice that 4.1 would be excluded at some point.

Sure but I think most people lost hope when FS dropped 4.1 and just moved on with something else thinking let's just wait for UrT HD rather then complaining about it.

Nobody expected UrT HD was going to take a decade in the making tho.

P.S I will greatly appreciate if you guys would reduce the damages in groin and butt areas.

#40 User is offline   hydr0 Icon

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:08 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 07 July 2016 - 11:27 PM, said:

They would have to be the same as torso/vest if people want it to be like in 4.1. (which I think is reasonable)

OMG yes please

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942