Urban Terror Forums: Tutorial: Climbable Objects (need input) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tutorial: Climbable Objects (need input) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 15 June 2005 - 06:26 PM

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of creating a climbable objects tutorial that will be published on Map-Depot.com. Right now this is what I have:

Fundamentals:
• What is a climbable object?
• What is a ladder clip?
• What type of objects can be climbable?
• Where can I find the ladder clip?
• How do I use the ladder clip?

Examples:
1) Ladder
2) Pole
3) Fence

The fundamentals will cover any basic questions a map developer may have about climbable objects, and the examples are quick tutorials to show the different methods that the ladder_clip can be used. Do you think the fundamentals and examples covered are enough, or do you have any suggestions?

#2 Guest_n00b

Posted 15 June 2005 - 06:35 PM

Perhaps some examples of where to avoid making something climbable, either because it'd be stupid or because it would "glue" players to a wall where they wanted to walljump or otherwise move freely.

#3 Guest_luniaq

Posted 17 June 2005 - 08:55 AM

you talking climbable for et:urt??

#4 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:10 AM

you talking climbable for et:urt??

Is there going to be a difference? They're both going to use the ladder_clip are they not?

#5 Guest_luniaq

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:04 AM

I somehow thought I catched the info about a different climb function for et...at least thats what I experienced with tc:elite so far, there you will be able to climb everything which would be climbable in reality...but I guess I mixed that with urt:et! :roll: sorry!
otherwise I think the ladder clip is quite self-explanatory, but your tutorial is still a great help for beginners and covers everything as far as I can tell.

how about a tutorial which covers pretty much all of the func_ functions, even though they are not all used for urt, I think they are important to know, cause they give the mapper great chance to do quite extraordinary things...at least in my oppinion. :wink:
many greets

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 12 July 2005 - 04:48 AM

also make sure you tell them to use playerclip to smooth out the climbpath of whatever the ladderclip is clipping and/or any odd shaped geometry near it on the way up if needed, they'll avoid players getting stuck in the level that way. (yes i learned that the hard way, go climb up the side of one of the lenny's drainpipes in suburb2 instead of climbing it straight on, you'll get stuck without fail every stinkin time, and yes it's fixed in suburb3 with playerclips :P)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942