Urban Terror Forums: ]$[ Roughryders Multimode Server + Map Pack (ver: 20/07/06) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

]$[ Roughryders Multimode Server + Map Pack (ver: 20/07/06) Rate Topic: -----

#51 User is offline   Frea]{ (old) Icon

• LocationBrussels, Belgium

Posted 20 July 2006 - 05:34 PM

well , we are on it most of the time , and we have a few referees across the community to have a look on the server so no need to have vote allowed , that would just bring all the llamas from henslfuk to come and vote for whatever every 2 minutes  :-P  .... we spent a lot of time trying to make a fair map rotation with diferent kinds of maps that people like with diferent game mods and settings etc. allowing vote would just be a mess because when u vote for a map some settings stay and some change, we already tried, its really a mess.

#52 User is offline   Bumper (old) Icon

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:00 PM

Yep Vote is broken on mixed mode servers as it changes the map but keeps the game mode.
I think thats unfixable.

Vote is also broken on servers where there are responsible admins available 24 hours a day.

Essentially the post I made should have been a vote:

Do you like the server?
Yes
Yes
Yes and let me tell you why.

Holla! 

#53 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:15 PM

Yep Vote is broken on mixed mode servers as it changes the map but keeps the game mode.

not broken, there's also gametype voting. one could say voting could be 'faster' by having map+gametype at the same vote, basically by doing something like "/callvote g_gametype+map ut_whatever" or something like that. Something else that would make it better is allowing admins to be more flexible on what they allow to be call voted because now for example, you must allow kick voting along with map voting, not only one of the two. there's also pb voting but that isn't that easy to use for players.

#54 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:36 PM

Yup

id like to allow specific votes but thats not possible atm, cyclemap or the ability to select a map and gametype

but that does go someway to circumvent the reasons we have set this the way we have (to make ppl learn how to play bomb for example ....its a great mode IF its played right...and on the right maps (with the fuse/defuse times set right)too

ive spent SO much time on this config and mapcycle (inc playtesting settings).... the server is as close to custom as u can get really with multi mode gameplay, team swaps half way through bomb maps, map specfic team names, custom maps and a 18 map rotation, i really dont want it all messed up thru ppl voting stuffs in and out

there is normally at least 1 roughryder in irc if u have a problem, if not there are our forums ..... links @ www.roughryders.org ,also plz remember the maps dont last for 20mins .... so if its a map u dont like..the first team to 8 wins (cept KOTH) and the map changes, so ur not plodding around a map u h8 for 20mins

#55 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:50 PM

ive spent SO much time on this config and mapcycle (inc playtesting settings).... the server is as close to custom as u can get really with multi mode gameplay, team swaps half way through bomb maps, map specfic team names, custom maps and a 18 map rotation, i really dont want it all messed up thru ppl voting stuffs in and out

I know. What you're doing doesn't work easily with voting (especially the way it works now).

btw, I have to add on my off topic comments about voting, apart from "/callvote 1+2+3+4", "/callvote bomb-in-ut_whatever.cfg" that runs a map in a gametype and any other (allowed) options may have been useful.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:07 PM

ut_koth best map ever  :-D

#57 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:59 PM

innit  :mrgreen:

#59 User is offline   Hito]{iri (old) Icon

• LocationBelgium

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:23 PM

The voting system uses bytes and Q3 has a limited number available. That's why it is divided up the way it is. For those who aren't familiar with it check the overview.txt that came with 3.0  It's explained at the bottom of the page.

PS. Thanks Homie for trying to teach the community Bomb Mode. Personally, I think it's a huge improvement over TS because if you camp you lose. If you're red and you camp blue team will just plant at the other bomb site. If you're blue and you camp you won't plant and that's an easy win for red. I've seen too many teams forget the objective during a match and end up losing by camping.

Ehm , doesnt red need to bomb the target ?  :roll: :roll:

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942