Urban Terror Forums: ]$[ Roughryders Multimode Server + Map Pack (ver: 20/07/06) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

]$[ Roughryders Multimode Server + Map Pack (ver: 20/07/06) Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Hito]{iri (old) Icon

• LocationBelgium

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:44 AM

:roll: :mrgreen: :-D  :mrgreen: :roll:

Edit : I feel smart  8-)

#62 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:25 PM

We (]$[) love bomb mode

and really after the initial whine of "BOMB mode!!!11!!!" and ppl realise that as red they got to moooove to get to the bomb sites to gain control and get that bomb planted and there are TWO bomb sites!! .. most ppl seem to enjoy it with plenty of gg and lol at the end of the games.

Also getting the auto team swaps working helped LOADS as now instead of just straight first to 8 wins ...its 2 sets of first team to 4 so everyone gets to play bombers or police 8-)

THE problem is the maps ...or lack thereof for Bomb mode
Revolution, Golgotha2, Nimrod and Filtration all work well ...the problem is that ppl dont know the maps as they r not played normally in TS or CTF so they are put off (even though for bomb mode u dont need to know the ins and outs of the map, just where the bomb sites are).... the problem that Bomb mode has is it is VERY map specific .... maps that rock like casa and abbey in TS are rubbish in bomb even sanctuary doesnt work to well as too often the game decends into TS ... ive even seen the guy with the bomb using an sr8 camping ...sniping ppl with no intent on planting the bomb at all, or maps like mines ...which 'should' work well dont because the blue team spawn in one of the bomb sites!!!

so more bomb maps plz...look at revo for good bomb map dynamics, route planning and spawns :evil:

#63 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:37 PM

in bomb, as a round based gametype, a new round resets the game, so teams should swap in each round anyway since any imbalances large or small because of a map setup would be eliminated even in the short term, since players (especially in pubs that may only play for a while) wouldn't have to go through the first half of the full time to see the fairness of the sides changing.

#64 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:23 PM

Ye, changing every round would be great imho.

Edit: After thinking about it some more, it's not really neccessary. They dont do it in CS and works fine there.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#66 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:54 AM

Quick games help too..

#67 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:10 PM

heh wierd...

though if i was to take casa off TS and put it to bomb ...omg ..there would be an EU revolt! :P

and to have casa in both TS and Bomb would be just too complex for many gamers to deal with, without resorting to next level whining  :lol:

but i think u are right about personal scoring, no-one played much CTF b4 personal scoring was introduced .... it seems even in 'team' games ppl have to see themselves at the top of the board so they can declaire "I Win!!"
though it was banded about somewhere the idea of a kind of a bar or some sytem to show overall damage to the enemy ... ie as CTF defence u may not always get all the kills awarded to u even though u do most of the 'softening up' of the enemy so the rest of the team can clean up easier
this would give a more accurate view on the overall game stats not just who got the most actual frags ..regardless of wether they were 'stolen' or earned

but ultimatly its the team score that matters to me  :evil:

#68 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:17 PM

If you got personal points for planting or defusing I bet this game mode would be played more.

Great idea!

#69 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:03 AM

They dont do it in CS and works fine there.

proves nothing!

#70 User is offline   Sachem (old) Icon

• LocationFrance

Posted 23 July 2006 - 09:46 AM

Personally I'd rather not change side every round, I'd have to adjust to new objectives/mindset/enemy color all the time, would kind of spoil the fun. And staying on one side for a while allows more advanced tactics or at least teamwork.

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942