• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CTF Scores Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 09 May 2004 - 03:12 AM

[quote name='"FemFatal"]pub scoring: 1 point per kill' date=' 10 points to the flag runner with a cap and only the flag runner.[/quote']
so u take out your own FC (-1 pt) grab the flag and get 10pts...makes a total of 9 for 5 metres. nice.

#42 User is offline   audioaxes (old) Icon

Posted 09 May 2004 - 03:44 AM

only thing about that is the one who does the hardest work in the flag run usually dont get to cap their own flag run

so you get flag and die almost all the way there while someone else picks it up for an easy cap doesnt deserve 10 points for themselves

#43 Guest_FemFatal

Posted 09 May 2004 - 06:27 AM

only thing about that is the one who does the hardest work in the flag run usually dont get to cap their own flag run

so you get flag and die almost all the way there while someone else picks it up for an easy cap doesnt deserve 10 points for themselves

Sure, why not?
The n00bs will get kicked if they TK enough times.

P.S. I think what the problem with the scoring system in Q3 is it's not able to give assist points and that's why it is the way it is. I dunno about ET but I'm hoping it has a way to do more complicated scores.

#44 User is offline   dead (old) Icon

• LocationItaly

Posted 10 May 2004 - 11:47 AM

OK, I try to push my idea to the limits:

1st) My suggestion was only for public servers. It's a fact that on P.S. most part of players are interested only in their own score.

2nd) the score rules should push ppl to play for the team

so, NO points for any kills, unless it is related with flag stealing or defense.
That to say: keep bonus points for ppl defending their own flag, for capture the enemy flag, touch the enemy flag, but 0 points for the kill itself, because the kill it's only a way to catch the flag, and not the goal in CTF!
So all people who consider CTF like TDM and walk around the map looking for easy targets will gain 0 points. Only players working for team will gain some point.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942